[1.8.x-1.12.x] - RasterPropMonitor (adopted)

JonnyOThan

5 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

Try forcing OpenGL mode.

With forced OpenGL game crashes while trying to switch from loading screen to main menu. Sometimes windows crashes. I haven't seen M$ Windows Blue Screen Of Death (tm) since XP times, today I did.  Yes It's AMD :D

@JonnyOThan from the 1.9.0 Modder's Notes:

Other Items

KSP now uses only one single camera rendering in DX11. Due to improvements done by Unity with regard to rendering using DX11 (Z order reversal amongst other things) KSP now only uses “Camera 00” when rendering in flight, mapview, tracking station and KSC scenes. This improves performance significantly and exponentially depending on what graphics settings you are using. We are unable at this time to do single camera rendering on OpenGL platforms.

Hmm.. so does that mean OpenGL is *completely* broken now? or does OpenGL just default back to uses the ols, mutliple cameras?
Wot do the Linux peeps do, then? vOv

17 hours ago, Manul said:

With forced OpenGL game crashes while trying to switch from loading screen to main menu. Sometimes windows crashes. I haven't seen M$ Windows Blue Screen Of Death (tm) since XP times, today I did.  Yes It's AMD :D

16 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

@JonnyOThan from the 1.9.0 Modder's Notes:

Hmm.. so does that mean OpenGL is *completely* broken now? or does OpenGL just default back to uses the ols, mutliple cameras?
Wot do the Linux peeps do, then? vOv

I'm skeptical that opengl mode always crashes, because I've seen other people suggesting it as a workaround for mods that are broken in 1.9.  Without a log file from Manul it's impossible to say exactly why it crashed.

12 minutes ago, JonnyOThan said:

I'm skeptical that opengl mode always crashes,

SO, I found out after I posted, that the single camera change was ONLY done in the Windows version (DX11) of KSP... Squad left the Linux/OS versions as-is with the "old" multiple-camera system, just because there's no way to do it using OpenGL, I guess... vOv

So, I dont know, if that means going forward, any mod using the camera(s), unfortunately, means having to compile, release, and maintain TWO versions of each mod...ie one for Windows (Dx11), one for Linux/OS (OpenGL)... vOv
This would mean/affect MAS, RPM, KURS Docking Cam, HullCam, etc...

Edited by Stone Blue

11 minutes ago, JonnyOThan said:

I'm skeptical that opengl mode always crashes, because I've seen other people suggesting it as a workaround for mods that are broken in 1.9.  Without a log file from Manul it's impossible to say exactly why it crashed.

I made 6 attempts, once I got an error message from Unity crash handler, twice the process was terminated by Windows and three times Windows crashed. It's not a surprise because Unity is known to crash with AMD cards. https://community.amd.com/thread/214662 
KSP.log says nothing about the crashes, maybe a log from UnityCrashHandler would help but I couldn't find it (if it exists)

27 minutes ago, Manul said:

maybe a log from UnityCrashHandler would help but I couldn't find it (if it exists)

/Users/<xxxx>/AppData/LocalLow/Squad/KerbalSpaceProgram ...
Thats where the *new* KSP.log (Player.log), and /Crashes (output_logs) now reside

On 2/20/2020 at 9:07 AM, Stone Blue said:

So, I dont know, if that means going forward, any mod using the camera(s), unfortunately, means having to compile, release, and maintain TWO versions of each mod

Probably not - the mod should be able to detect which version of KSP it's running on and which renderer it's using and behave accordingly.

On 2/18/2020 at 3:30 PM, Manul said:

Looks like cameras rendering is broken again

OK, I've done a bit of investigation and I think I know how to get this fixed.

22 minutes ago, JonnyOThan said:

v0.31.3 is now available.  Cameras should now work on KSP 1.9.

Is this backwards compat at all? or will be 1.9.0+ *ONLY*?

EDIT: ie, just wondering if the camera changes/method could be used with 1.8.1 or previous... seperate from this probably being compiled against 1.9.0... vOv

Edited by Stone Blue

Or, at the very least, split the camera stuff into a common library for ease of handling cameras in mods.  I hope this camera thing hasn't affected the color sampling camera I put into Kerbal Foundries way back in the day... now integrated into KSPWheel.

• 2 weeks later...

Currently I'm getting a wrong image on some of the Hullcam VDS cameras, the black and white camera shows clipping and also isn't black and white in the monitor. I'm on 1.8.1 and using the latest version of RPM.QjSMUg9.png

Edited by RurouniDonut

23 minutes ago, RurouniDonut said:

I'm on 1.8.1 and using the latest version of RPM.

Maybe using 1.9 version of RPM with 1.8.1 is not a good idea. Try a previous version for 1.8.1

19 minutes ago, RurouniDonut said:

That didn’t seem to help my issues :l

Please read this. Especially the part about how to post your logs, and then add an explanation of exactly what is not working, and steps on how to produce/reproduce the issue.
Installed mods list might help too

On 3/11/2020 at 9:51 AM, Iliane0630 said:

hum sorry, maybe I haven’t looked enough but my MFDs have a resolution really low and it's unreadable but only the screen everything else is normal.

What platform are you playing on?  Do you have any other graphics mods?  Does this occur if you have nothing but RPM/ASET installed?  Try playing around with the texture resolution and anti-alias settings.

I may be just silly, but trying to do IVA-only missions I can't seem to rely on the values provided by the monitors. Here's an example of a huge discrepancy between KE's "Time to Rel. DN/AN" and RPM's "AN/DN w/TARGET AT:" which I presume should give me the same values. Am I being silly?

Spoiler

wLfyPEY.png?1