[1.8.x-1.12.x] - RasterPropMonitor (adopted)

JonnyOThan

2 hours ago, Lunar Sea said:

but there's no effect, only stock IVAs.

New versions of Mk1, Mk1-3 pods and Mk2 lander can have no RPM IVA. Mk1 and Mk2 Inline cockpits also have no RPM IVA. RPM is a powerful tool for prop makers and IVA makers but it does not add many props or IVAs itself. Use ASET props, ASET avionics and DE IVA Extension to get more props and IVAs

• 2 weeks later...

On 3/29/2020 at 1:03 AM, Lunar Sea said:

I'm running ksp 1.9.1 and installed the mod from CKAN but there's no effect, only stock IVAs. Am i missing something? 

The Space Plane Cockpits should work by default.

For the MK1 Pod i had to change the internal name in the GameData\JSI\RPMPodPatches\PatchesStock\mk1-patch.cfg from "mk1PodCockpit" to "mk1pod_IVA"

This also worked for me with other older IVA Mods that use "old" part names.

12 hours ago, Virtualgenius said:

@enabran I was wondering if you wouldnt mind sharing the updated configs you have done for RPM patches Please or submit a request to the OP for them to be included in the the current version.

Thanks,

VG

Sure,

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hYmDY83ZKqnrMGP1Gk_RNmvvj-PWcZPk

Hint:

The ASET Mk1-2 will only work with the old Mk1-2 Pod which you could get e.g. from the "old_parts_redux" Mod. (provided of course all other deps are installed.)

On 3/23/2020 at 6:25 PM, acr_8133 said:

haven't seen any mention of this in this forum but the Radial In and Radial Out that are broken from the old version still persist on the current version.. are there any workarounds? (like changing config)

I think this is a problem with the IVA or the props itself. I can probably make a compatibility patch...

On 3/28/2020 at 5:03 PM, Lunar Sea said:

I'm running ksp 1.9.1 and installed the mod from CKAN but there's no effect, only stock IVAs. Am i missing something? 

Did you install RPM or RPM-core?  See the OP for details on the differences and a list of IVA replacements.

3 hours ago, RurouniDonut said:

Hello, is there a way to take a screenshot of a RPM screen?

if you're in IVA and press F1 you should get an output of all screens to your KSP/Screenshots folder

I think. I've found them in there but never captured any on purpose so I assume this is the way

Edited by Drew Kerman

I'm looking at the documentation, and I haven't been able to figure this out. Is there a way to add EAS to the options that the PDF can toggle between? As is, I can toggle between ORB, SRF and TGT, and I'd like to be able toggle between ORB, SRF, TGT and EAS. It seems like the switch toggles speed display mode, so perhaps this isn't possible. Any ideas on how I could edit the page to implement this would be helpful, since I'd like to have the airspeed information when flying an airplane from the cockpit. I'm using FAR, so is it possible to have the speed display use FAR's replacement of the stock speed gauge with EAS?

I guess one option might be to modify it to display EAS when SRF is selected, but that's not ideal, since SRF is used for stuff outside of atmospheric flight.

Or could I write a custom variable to return EAS if an action group is on and SRF if it's off? That would work.

Edited by dlrk

More clear/concrete questions, actually:

For a selected custom variable, can range be a string? For example, can I have the variable be VESSELTYPE and the range be PLANE ? Is plane the correct vessel type for a space plane?

I am trying to install the Engine Ignitor, HullCam VDS, and VesselView mods for the RPM. I have screenshots of what I am seeing in-game, my GameData folder, and I also have a GitHub file with my KSP log.

In-game screenshots

hVtk3WD.jpg

MrXNe2x.jpg

fg2H73m.png

GameData Folder Screenshot

wlasyH1.png

KSP Log GitHub link

https://gist.github.com/NewsDude49/ce87384cba464eb6e953f92a66980f61

I have no idea what I am doing wrong especially since everything else appears to be working fine. The docking port alignment, MechJeb, NavUtilities, and SCANsat mods for the RPM all work fine. And so do all of my other main mods (Endurance, SpaceDock, NearFutureProps, Station Parts Expansion)

Edited by NewsDude

5 hours ago, Grem said:

I have exactly the same problem.

KSP 1.9.1

KSP 1.9.1 <--- This *is* your problem.
I dont think VesselViewer has been fixed for 1.9.1, since 1.9.1 broke all the camera mods (at least on Windows DirectX), due to Squad changing the camera method from multi- to single-camera. Check the VesselViewer OP.

Same with HullcamVDS.

Edited by Stone Blue

Sorry, English is not my native language. I read the last two pages and decided that this is an RPM problem, I wanted to help with the localization of the error, supplement it with my logs. If not, forgive me! I will quietly wait for updates of all modifications, including HullcamVDS.

Regarding VesselViewer, his problem was resolved by the "Scatterer" mod.

14 hours ago, blackrack said:

I'm pushing out a small update which fixes the issue with vessel viewer, also effects will now work in main menu for planets other than Kerbin (for planet mods).

Hi, I know there probably is an obvious fix for this, but my google fu is failing me at the moment. I'm getting black fonts on the HUD for plane cockpits. I'm using DE_IVA cockpits, do you know what might be going on please? Thank you.

10E19B6D8453192181CAF3A6CA012A97FCA467A9

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

After a very long hiatus I decided to fire up KSP again. Of course, I first updated the many mods I was using but unfortunately some of them are either abandoned, or haven't been updated in a while.

Now, I wanted to load some old rockets but I'm getting an error where the game can't load "JSINonTransparentPod". If I'm not mistaken this has to do with the RPM mod? If yes, has this module been removed or am I missing something?

Sadly, this is one of many missing modules. Is there a thread somewhere where you can get help with loading old saves?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/26/2020 at 1:01 AM, Ottomic said:

Hi, I know there probably is an obvious fix for this, but my google fu is failing me at the moment. I'm getting black fonts on the HUD for plane cockpits. I'm using DE_IVA cockpits, do you know what might be going on please? Thank you.

10E19B6D8453192181CAF3A6CA012A97FCA467A9

getting the same problem here.... got it since way back in 1.6/7 so I'm confused and frustrated at getting no answers. if anyone knows any fixes or needs anything like my log file I'll be happy to give it up just please help.... no other IVA HUD does this. the mk2 expansion has foldable HUDs and they work fine....

EDIT: logfile

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nvuCbWzG0xZ130wKn519sFS5-xDAxnKB/view?usp=sharing

Edited by AntiMatter001
uploaded logfiles to help with debugging

7 hours ago, AntiMatter001 said:

getting the same problem here.... got it since way back in 1.6/7 so I'm confused and frustrated at getting no answers.

This is a basic HUD from RPM it has always been unreadable and hard to use. It was created mostly for demonstration purpose I guess (a good example for prop makers how to make HUD using RPM).  I have no idea why @DemonEin decided to use this old monstrosity instead of new and shiny ASET hud.

Edited by Manul

13 hours ago, Manul said:

This is a basic HUD from RPM it has always been unreadable and hard to use. It was created mostly for demonstration purpose I guess (a good example for prop makers how to make HUD using RPM).  I have no idea why @DemonEin decided to use this old monstrosity instead of new and shiny ASET hud.

EDIT: just realised what you meant.

the thing i'm complaining about is in the mk2/1 cockpit... it's the default raster prop monitor HUD with black text and i'm looking for a fix is all. if there was an easier way to change it to the ASET ones i would do it in a heart beat

Edited by AntiMatter001

2 hours ago, AntiMatter001 said:

i'm looking for a fix

I "fixed" it by installing Unity Editor (it's free) and creating my own version of Mk1 inline cockpit IVA :cool:

ITcW2cY.png
It's not finished yet, not all props are where they should be, some necessary props are missing. When I finish I'll share the result.

honestly i just want that HUD with the ASET pack... every other IVA seems placeholder like or just too messy for my liking....

for example from the stock mk1 cockpit and the inline cockpit... still getting that old HUD.... i just want to swap them with the ASET ones xD

Edited by AntiMatter001

4 hours ago, AntiMatter001 said:

i just want to swap them with the ASET ones xD

It is not that easy for Mk1 Inline cockpit. HUD base obstructs other props on the upper side of instruments panel or gets obstructed making HUD inoperable. That's why other props require some rearrangement, it was more easy for me to start from scratch than to modify existing IVA. Another thing that i didn't like in MK1 IVA from DE_IVA is staging control. Can't imagine something more useless for a plane or SSTO than a staging switch or resource monitor per stage. :)

On 5/15/2020 at 4:44 AM, Manul said:

It is not that easy for Mk1 Inline cockpit. HUD base obstructs other props on the upper side of instruments panel or gets obstructed making HUD inoperable. That's why other props require some rearrangement, it was more easy for me to start from scratch than to modify existing IVA. Another thing that i didn't like in MK1 IVA from DE_IVA is staging control. Can't imagine something more useless for a plane or SSTO than a staging switch or resource monitor per stage. :)

raster prop monitor was designed to be a IVA thing. so you can have full IVA missions so i would assume they have a switch for all the stages but thanks anyway for the help eve nif it didn't fix the issue.