[1.8.x-1.12.x] - RasterPropMonitor (adopted)

JonnyOThan

13 minutes ago, Kerminator1000 said:

Can you rename the action groups? In one of the IVA mods (I can't remember which) it let you rename it by typing in the vessel description.

I think so?  I've never done it, but glancing at the code it looks like you need a line in the vessel description like this:
AG5=doohickeys

On 7/20/2015 at 6:02 PM, alexustas said:

You can mark up action button switches with text by entering it into the vessel description in the VAB: On a separate line type "AG<number>=<text>" where "number" is the number of action group from 0 (i.e. 10) to 9. The text is limited to 14 characters. (More won't fit on the label.)

aVGr8bIt.jpg  4M3CjYZm.png

(Crossquoted from MK1-2 pod IVA thread)

After some searching I found the original post I saw it in, I'm reposting it here for anyone else who is looking for this.

4 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

I think so?  I've never done it, but glancing at the code it looks like you need a line in the vessel description like this:
AG5=doohickeys

Yes, that's the way RPM (and MAS) does it, by looking at the vessel description.  You can also be fancy with it and use

AG5=doohickeys on|doohickeys off

to make the action group label change depending on if the AG is "on" or "off".

On 8/20/2020 at 10:39 AM, Kerminator1000 said:

Can you rename the action groups? In one of the IVA mods (I can't remember which) it let you rename it by typing in the vessel description.

Yup! Certain ASET labels (I think ASET?) can be defined by putting:

AG1=Deploy Antennas
AG2=Toggle Afterburner

Etc. on individual lines in the description text.

Edited by Beetlecat

On 8/20/2020 at 12:24 AM, Beetlecat said:

It's not exactly obvious which mods cover which pods, etc -- and some are out of date since the pods themselves have changed (the ASET Mk2, etc.)

Demon Ein's pods are great (the DE_IVAExtension) but also checkout Warbird Cockpits for some really thoughtful renderings of a few other cockpits too.

There are some overlaps here and there, and I've been working on a "mega patch" to spin them off into separate pods so I can keep both if they are awesome. :)

It's too bad @Electrocutor's KSPF doesn't work in KSP post-1.8, or you could have them switch with part variants.

Edited by theonegalen

27 minutes ago, Kerminator1000 said:

It says on the monitors: "Pod cams" but then shows a blank screen when I click on that. Is there a way to enable pod cams or is it another mod? 

These are meant for the ALCOR pod.  You can find this in ALCORMFD40x20.cfg:

cameraInfoVarName = PODcam40X20
				cameraTransform = ALCORExt_A_CamTransform|ALCORExt_B_CamTransform|ALCORExt_C_CamTransform|ALCORExt_D_CamTransform|ALCORExt_E_CamTransform

So some part on the vessel needs to have one of those transforms, or if you want to use a different set of transforms you could write a patch to change the cameraTransform field.

On 8/23/2020 at 3:25 PM, dlrk said:

Does the JSIFAR module provde a means to access FAR's EAS airspeed? The thread is deleted.

https://github.com/JonnyOThan/RasterPropMonitor/blob/master/RasterPropMonitor/Handlers/JSIFAR.cs
I don't see anything like that in here.  If you want it added, feel free to file an issue on the github tracker.

On 8/23/2020 at 5:25 PM, dlrk said:

Does the JSIFAR module provde a means to access FAR's EAS airspeed? The thread is deleted.

EASPEED is effective airspeed.  RPM uses the same equation that FAR uses (it was copy/pasted from FAR source).

9 hours ago, dlrk said:

I'm trying to write a custom variable that will return positive if atmospheric pressure at or above a certain value.

In RPM, there isn't a "greater than".  You have to set the upper range to something absurd, like 100000 (for atmospheres).  That's one thing MAS fixes.

On 8/25/2020 at 3:15 PM, Trailblazer963 said:

Why does the IVA Navball not update while flying?

This was a bug in older versions (or rather, it was a behavior change in KSP 1.10 that caused older versions of RPM to not work).  Get the latest one.

Edited by JonnyOThan

11 hours ago, miguelsgamingch said:

Hello! Have Been Using Your Mod Since @MOARdV Stopped Development Of Raster Prop Monitor

I Would Like To Report The Issue About Some Of The Text In IVA Gone, Replaced With A White Rectangle Line

KSP Log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nZDQL9pw7kmG8a-w9Z6t_am9AG3tUeRj/view?usp=sharing

Which cockpit is this?

It seems like you didn't let the game fully load before grabbing the log file.  Just to rule out any runtime issues, it would help if you start the game, put the cockpit on the launchpad, go into IVA, then quit out to the main menu before grabbing the log.  Thanks!

Also, this error indicates you have a mod installed that is using the wrong .NET version.  This kind of error can interfere with other mods - you should remove it:

334 [ERR 13:32:45.211] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'Ookii.Dialogs': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.

It comes from here:

133 [LOG 13:32:44.488] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\JNH\Parts\mbm\Ookii.Dialogs.dll

Edited by JonnyOThan

7 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

Which cockpit is this?

Mk1 Inline Cockpit

7 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

Also, this error indicates you have a mod installed that is using the wrong .NET version.  This kind of error can interfere with other mods - you should remove it:

334 [ERR 13:32:45.211] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'Ookii.Dialogs': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.

It comes from here:

133 [LOG 13:32:44.488] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\JNH\Parts\mbm\Ookii.Dialogs.dll

JNH? Thats Kerbalized SpaceX:

Yeah No Worries, Ima Delete That Mod, I Dont Use It Anyways.

Edit: I Forgot My KSP Wont Load For Some Reason RIP.

Edited by miguelsgamingch
KSP Broken

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, A Wandering Mage said:

Has there been any thought or interest in making the buttons around a screen compatible with a thrustmaster MFD cougar? Or is this not possible with how the player currently interacts with the monitors via mouse in first person?

If someone wants to send me one I’ll do whatever it takes to get it hooked up :)

• 2 weeks later...

So I've returned to KSP after a bunch of versions, and it seems RPM is dead as I knew it.

By default, it used to feature simple IVAs making use of its unique multi-function screens for all stock command modules. From what I can gather, the original RPM was abandoned and sometime before its adoption a number of stock IVAs changed, so the old RPM standard IVAs were at least partially lost.

So now it'd seem we're stuck between an incomplete "vanilla" RPM and incomplete hyper-complicated secondary IVA mods which require further dependencies to boot.

Am I missing something? Has anyone tackled bringing back the classic RPM displays on stock IVAs, including the changed and new?

7 hours ago, Shadow86 said:

So I've returned to KSP after a bunch of versions, and it seems RPM is dead as I knew it.

By default, it used to feature simple IVAs making use of its unique multi-function screens for all stock command modules. From what I can gather, the original RPM was abandoned and sometime before its adoption a number of stock IVAs changed, so the old RPM standard IVAs were at least partially lost.

So now it'd seem we're stuck between an incomplete "vanilla" RPM and incomplete hyper-complicated secondary IVA mods which require further dependencies to boot.

Am I missing something? Has anyone tackled bringing back the classic RPM displays on stock IVAs, including the changed and new?

IVAs take time to build - the simple IVAs might take someone a few hours to put together, depending on how familiar they are with the tools.  The reason I never updated the basic IVAs while I managed RPM was that I never used them, and I really wanted to showcase the far better props available in alexustas's ASET props sets.

Fortunately, all of the tools are freely available, so anyone can download and install them to make IVAs to their own specifications, as simple or complex as they may want.  You may even give it a try, and if you come up with something you like, you could submit it to JohnnyOThan to add to RPM, so everyone else may enjoy it as well.

On 10/13/2020 at 10:24 PM, Shadow86 said:

If you really want to, you can make some simple modulemanager patches to either un-deprecate the old parts or insert the old IVAs into the new parts (accepting that windows etc might not line up).

Also I would not characterize DE_IVAExtension as “incomplete” or “hyper complicated.”  If you want to use IVA in stock pods, start there.  In fact I’d say they’re a little *too* simple as there are a number of props that I’d normally use that aren’t in there.

Edited by JonnyOThan

Thank you for your civilized responses, @MOARdV and @JonnyOThan. Sorry about my outburst: I thought more was lost than it actually was.

DE_IVA is completed by HunkHogan's Making History extension, as far as I can tell, and their dependencies (Click Through Blocker and Toolbar Control) are actually used by other mods in my collection as well. I just try to use only mods I consider essential, to minimize loading times and the possibility of crashes. ASET stuff becomes a necessity now, but it doesn't seem to have a huge footprint, so that's okay.