[1.8.x-1.12.x] - RasterPropMonitor (adopted)

JonnyOThan

Any other IVA makers, having issues with specific RPM props instantiating (spawning) in Unity, at positions other than 0,0,0?
Like, amything I instantiate in Unity, spawns *at* Unity's 0,0,0 ... yet when I spawn certain JSI props, even tho *their* position shows 0,0,0, they are placed in a much different position from my global postion of 0,0,0... vOv

example is the IndicatorPanelRPM...
If I spawn the stoc version, it spawns at my true, global Unity 0,0,0.... but when I spawn the RPM version, its placed to the right, low, and rotated 90°

Edited by Stone Blue

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, KawaiiLucy said:

Hi!

I just wondered what mod allows the "Landing mode" to work in the IVA screens? Or am I just dumb and need to add cameras?

https://imgur.com/a/UBG0D2N

Not dumb at all.  Yes, you need to add cameras.  Note that the page setup for the ALCOR MFD only includes the ExtCam1 camera (and the ones from the ALCOR capsule) but you could add more with a MM patch.

So first thank you for this awesome mod.

I wanted to know with which mods I can get more capsules with this mod supported, I think you explained it in the topic but I can't find those mods on CKAN so I hope you can help me. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to use ModuleManager to modify the definitions of RPM Custom/Math/Select Variables that are created by another mod?

I'm trying to patch the ASET props to understand LqdHydrogen (from Cryogenic Rockets) as a fuel. I've figured out how to make new custom variables that add the amounts of LF and LH, but I can't figure out how to patch the variables that are already defined as part of the ASET props. For example, ASET has a Custom Variable to determine whether total fuel is below 10%, which various ASET props then reference (Low Fuel warning lamps, and parts of fuel indicator gauges that turn red when fuel is low):

RPM_CUSTOM_VARIABLE

{
	  name = ALCOR_LOWFUELSTAGE_ON
	  operator = AND

SOURCE_VARIABLE
	  {
		name = SYSR_LIQUIDFUELSTAGEPERCENT 
		range = 0.01, 0.1
	  }
	  SOURCE_VARIABLE
	  {
		name = CUSTOM_ALCOR_POWEROFF
		range = -0.1, 0.1
	  }
	}	

I thought that I would be able to patch this with:

@RPM_CUSTOM_VARIABLE[ALCOR_LOWFUELSTAGE_ON]:NEEDS[CryoTanks]:AFTER[ASET]
{
	!SOURCE_VARIABLE[SYSR_LIQUIDFUELSTAGEPERCENT]

SOURCE_VARIABLE
	  {
		name = MATH_MULTIFUELSTAGEPERCENT 
		range = 0.01, 0.1
	  }
}

where MATH_MULTIFUELSTAGEPERCENT is my new variable that calculates the percentage of LF and LH together left in the stage, but the patch doesn't seem to have taken effect - props that use CUSTOM_ALCOR_LOWFUELSTAGE_ON still only activate when LF is below 10%, and don't do anything on LH rockets.

I'm assuming that this is the correct thread for this question, since this is (as far as I can tell) a question of how to modify RPM props generally, not something specific to the ASET props.

Am I just making some kind of error, or are these kinds of variable out of ModuleManager's reach? If it's the latter, I assume I'll have to create my own variables and have the props reference them.

EDIT:

I wound up finding that this patch works, and it's more efficient than what I was trying originally so I'll stick with it:

@RPM_CUSTOM_VARIABLE[ALCOR_LOWFUELSTAGE_ON]:HAS[@SOURCE_VARIABLE[SYSR_LIQUIDFUELSTAGEPERCENT]]:NEEDS[CryoTanks]:AFTER[ASET]
{
	@SOURCE_VARIABLE[SYSR_LIQUIDFUELSTAGEPERCENT]
	{
		@name = MATH_MULTIFUELSTAGEPERCENT
	}
}

I don't fully understand why the HAS statement is necessary, since there's only one RPM_CUSTOM_VARIABLE with that name, but it only works with the HAS statement.

Edited by Sovetskysoyuz

8 hours ago, Sovetskysoyuz said:

I don't fully understand why the HAS statement is necessary, since there's only one RPM_CUSTOM_VARIABLE with that name, but it only works with the HAS statement.

There's another difference between the non-working patch and the working patch:

!SOURCE_VARIABLE[SYSR_LIQUIDFUELSTAGEPERCENT]

is missing curly braces at the end. Though I don't know RPM specifically, I've been tripped up by MM syntax enough times to suspect this might have fixed the problem:

!SOURCE_VARIABLE[SYSR_LIQUIDFUELSTAGEPERCENT] {}

But like you said, the latter patch you posted modifies rather than deletes and replaces that node, so it's more efficient anyway.

• 1 month later...

I am enchanted by this mod. I eagerly installed all the mods to accomplish this feat! And I did, well sort of... I now have MFDs in the cupola module, oh and in the MK cockpits. Certain landers too. What I really am needing is the MK-3 command pod, and MK2 lander can. These do not show any of the MFDs. Anyone know how I can get these two to work as well w/ RPM? Thank you so much!

Game: 1.11.1

Edited by DeltaSigma

6 hours ago, DeltaSigma said:

I am enchanted by this mod. I eagerly installed all the mods to accomplish this feat! And I did, well sort of... I now have MFDs in the cupola module, oh and in the MK cockpits. Certain landers too. What I really am needing is the MK-3 command pod, and MK2 lander can. These do not show any of the MFDs. Anyone know how I can get these two to work as well w/ RPM? Thank you so much!

Game: 1.11.1

De_ivaextension (linked in OP) has ASET-based IVAs for *every* stock pod. There another pack for the making history ones.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I would like to ask if there could be a recompile with the latest commits. I know it is not welcomed to ask for updates, but I have been waiting patiently for 6 months and would really like to use the ATM gauge and other fixes. Unfortunately I cannot compile the source code myself. I would be very happy about an update on github. Thanks in advance and keep up the good work!

Greetings, Neo.

Hello, unfortunately MAS is not an alternative for me. I only use RPM for my IVAs (combined with ASET and custom props) and would have to build them all from scratch and MAS does not support all of RPMs features. So I would like to ask JonnyOThan for at least one final, updated version to be released, please. So that the last 4 fixes can be used by everyone. I would be very happy. Many Thanks.

Greetings, Neo.

• 2 weeks later...

I've created an Apollo-like vessel that uses two command pods (MK1-2 and ALCOR), each with an ASET IVA.   I've created custom labels for the action buttons (see pictures 1 and 2 below).     Actions 1-6 are to be initiated while in the MK1-2 pod, and actions 7-10 are to occur in the ALCOR pod.   The actions WORK just fine from both pods, but when I separate the two vessels, the custom labels in the ALCOR vessel default back to AG1, AG2, etc (picture 3). 

Is it possible to create custom labels that stay-put when the vessels separate?  If so, could someone please describe how it is done?  Thanks!

1:  MK1-2 with custom labels

34ah3bGNmKVK-MOfrF4KqW2_46qFekZ_NcqpSNmBHxldAKGLWzOv8ofHIxDRoOrSZKI4_m7ZOU4NwCAsIIi-m_hQis9JrUag8Ph3_sq-iRQAbAtkElWCXV0LkOKdQLT6yTHOUTLX

2:  Labels show just fine in ALCOR pod while two vessels still connected

Mcms6Za1NV7LDspk7x3PlCJGiU7-jwLRJbdV7YCrK8PKj7rsViquvLfxMnHue82HNvY3PQZK8w36-aEFxPSwnaJ9-KRrA8vxY-CStIwIScOh29Xqw_ONAd149DLu7gjilQUW2VN0

3:  Labels revert back to default in ALCOR when vessels are separated.

4SOiQ9jQGe8Y18QiHmyQX7Gg-2BjFGOKYqn_8YgSTQy-61Od92dg-a-DbjlZJ7WbOQ1kbRFXgPqKZo4UMK-nbcm0ORSMlK-RSoszLaAKBtcMLpKWvLEDxossn_9WZqIgmsuQAJqw

• 4 weeks later...

I've been using RasterPropMonitor, and after following the directions, I have the JSI folder in my Gamedata folder, yet none of my IVAs seem to work. For instance, the buttons from the ASET Avionics and ASET props don't work, they show up but unusable. None of the MFDs show up, or if they do, they're blank. I have the latest version of the module manager 4.1.4, the latest version of RPM provided, the latest version of both ASET props and avionics provided, and KSP 1.11.2.

Any fixes?

4 hours ago, Vault_Buster said:

I've been using RasterPropMonitor, and after following the directions, I have the JSI folder in my Gamedata folder, yet none of my IVAs seem to work. For instance, the buttons from the ASET Avionics and ASET props don't work, they show up but unusable. None of the MFDs show up, or if they do, they're blank. I have the latest version of the module manager 4.1.4, the latest version of RPM provided, the latest version of both ASET props and avionics provided, and KSP 1.11.2.

Any fixes?

Something is probably installed wrong; if you post your ksp.log file we can probably figure it out.

13 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

Something is probably installed wrong; if you post your ksp.log file we can probably figure it out.

Not installed "wrong" but I installed the wrong thing, funnily enough. When I go to the github, I downloaded the "master" instead of the release. My apologies. The buttons work, but some gauges just don't.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, 
I discovered there was some functionality between KerbalVR and RPM. Everything works great in VR on a Rift S, all the instruments, panels, etc, all except for the HUD in some of the aviation cockpits. The HUD requires you to go crosseyed when viewing it in VR, which is somewhat uncomfortable. Is there a possibility you could add VR functionality for the HUD?

For some reason, the RPM hud seems to be broken. I tried downloading MOARdV since, from what I can tell, it's supposed to be able to work fine as a standalone without RPM, however it doesn't. When I've downloaded RPM, most of the instruments seem to work except for the HUD, which shows up as all black. Any advice on my conundrum?

On 6/2/2021 at 4:05 AM, RocketSimplicity said:

Hi, 
I discovered there was some functionality between KerbalVR and RPM. Everything works great in VR on a Rift S, all the instruments, panels, etc, all except for the HUD in some of the aviation cockpits. The HUD requires you to go crosseyed when viewing it in VR, which is somewhat uncomfortable. Is there a possibility you could add VR functionality for the HUD?

I would love to, but without VR equipment this would be difficult...if you can give me tons more details about the problems I might be able to figure it out.

On 6/5/2021 at 6:11 PM, Raptor22 said:

For some reason, the RPM hud seems to be broken. I tried downloading MOARdV since, from what I can tell, it's supposed to be able to work fine as a standalone without RPM, however it doesn't. When I've downloaded RPM, most of the instruments seem to work except for the HUD, which shows up as all black. Any advice on my conundrum?

At the minimum you need to post your KSP.log file

12 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

I would love to, but without VR equipment this would be difficult...if you can give me tons more details about the problems I might be able to figure it out.

At the minimum you need to post your KSP.log file

Agh, you're right. Normally I include it - it slipped my mind this time. I guess that's what happens when you're reporting bugs late at night when you're tired.

Here you go (apologies if it's long - I have an extensive mod list):

KSP.log

I'm also throwing in some additional Module Manager logs and the Module Manager Config Cache, as I've sometimes seen mod developers ask to take a look at it.

MMPatch.log

ModuleManager.log

ModuleManager.ConfigCache

Edited by Raptor22

3 minutes ago, Raptor22 said:

Agh, you're right. Normally I include it - it slipped my mind this time. I guess that's what happens when you're reporting bugs late at night when you're tired.

Here you go (apologies if it's long - I have an extensive mod list):

KSP.log

I'm also throwing in some additional Module Manager logs and the Module Manager Config Cache, as I've sometimes seen mod developers ask to take a look at it.

MMPatch.log

ModuleManager.log

ModuleManager.ConfigCache

I mean...it's probably not an installation/runtime issue, but maybe something about how stuff gets rendered?  Since I can't see what's going on, I need screenshots of what you're seeing (from each eye), the part names, etc etc.