[1.8.x-1.12.x] - RasterPropMonitor (adopted)

JonnyOThan

I will try my best to fix that

1 hour ago, JonnyOThan said:

I get an access denied error for the log file.

i will try my best to fix that

1 hour ago, JonnyOThan said:

I get an access denied error for the log file.

it should work now

Edited by Pluspython68
i made an error

4 hours ago, Pluspython68 said:

I have installed RPM as the install guide on github has said, but the mod will still not work. My ksp.log is this, but i don't really have any idea what screenshots to post of my files in specific.

You're missing dependencies for VesselViewer:

25459 [EXC 22:00:24.844] FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'JSIPartUtilities, Version=0.5.0.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

18 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

You're missing dependencies for VesselViewer:

25459 [EXC 22:00:24.844] FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'JSIPartUtilities, Version=0.5.0.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

One of the dependencies is called “jsi part utilities”, and it’s file name is also just “jsi” so when I install it it combines with the existing jsi folder including rpm. What should I do?

7 minutes ago, Pluspython68 said:

One of the dependencies is called “jsi part utilities”, and it’s file name is also just “jsi” so when I install it it combines with the existing jsi folder including rpm. What should I do?

Both JSIPartUtilities and RPM get installed inside the JSI folder. 

• 3 weeks later...

I've not been able to get the screens to work on any cockpit iva, stock or otherwise. in the loading screen it says 'ModuleManager: 4019 patches applied, found 1 warning' but never says what the warning is :( and in-flight i get the error 'raster prop monitor: initialization error. check configs' 

edit: how tf do i upload the log without just copy and pasting a million lines into the thread?? 

Edited by pp_extended

4 hours ago, pp_extended said:

I've not been able to get the screens to work on any cockpit iva, stock or otherwise. in the loading screen it says 'ModuleManager: 4019 patches applied, found 1 warning' but never says what the warning is :( and in-flight i get the error 'raster prop monitor: initialization error. check configs' 

edit: how tf do i upload the log without just copy and pasting a million lines into the thread?? 

Upload it to a file sharing site or post it on discord

1 hour ago, pp_extended said:

Thank you sir! Here's the log

i could be wrong, but i believe you still dont have JSI Part Utilities installed...

Also, (most likely not your issue), but I would suggest ditching ALL copies of the ModuleManager dll *except* for the 4.2.2 one. (thats the latest)

Edited by Stone Blue

1 hour ago, pp_extended said:

StoneBluebis correct, you’re missing jsi part utilities. You also have a number of other things installed incorrectly, like whatever the heck this is: [1.0.2]+QTAP+v1.2.9+(Open+this+file)/[1.0.2] QTAP v1.2.9 (Open this file)/GameData/BahaSP/Plugins/

5 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

i could be wrong, but i believe you still dont have JSI Part Utilities installed...

I do now, and still nothing. the screens were working a while ago but then just stopped outta nowhere. They all say "Powered by JSI Raster Prop Monitor" and some of the buttons make a sound when you click them. 

11 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

StoneBluebis correct, you’re missing jsi part utilities. You also have a number of other things installed incorrectly, like whatever the heck this is: [1.0.2]+QTAP+v1.2.9+(Open+this+file)/[1.0.2] QTAP v1.2.9 (Open this file)/GameData/BahaSP/Plugins/

Seems to be two seperate things there... or both installed incorrectly... idk where the oeverlap would be.. vOv

/BahaSP/ is this:

LGG's first version of this, when he first too it over, is v1.3.0... I'm guessing Baha's *original*, very outdated version is installed.. vOv

and "QTAP" is probably something to do with:

OH!... coincidentally, same with this one.. LGG's first version is 1.3.0... I bet the outdated, *original* version is also installed
Ahhh ha.. *both* mods come bundled with "BDAnimationModules.dll"... maybe thats it? vOv

Both *original* mods, IIRC, were last updated for KSP v1.0.2 ... lol

FYI @pp_extended

Edited by Stone Blue

5 hours ago, pp_extended said:

I do now, and still nothing. the screens were working a while ago but then just stopped outta nowhere. They all say "Powered by JSI Raster Prop Monitor" and some of the buttons make a sound when you click them. 

If you changed mods, you need to post new log files.

I can nearly guarantee that using ckan would have prevented whatever is going on.

18 hours ago, pp_extended said:

alright it was this, i just installed it wrong, big surprise there.

everything is working as it should now, thank you very much gentlemen and i apologize for being a dumbass. 

11 hours ago, pp_extended said:

alright it was this, i just installed it wrong, big surprise there.

everything is working as it should now, thank you very much gentlemen and i apologize for being a dumbass. 

well, RPM, JSI Part Utilities, & several other mods, are outliers... in that, they are completely different, seperate mods, by several different maintainers...
**yet, they all share a common GameData folder (/JSI/)**.. which doesnt even really match or seem to have to do with some of the names of mods that go there...

So dont feel too bad about this one ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/4/2023 at 9:09 PM, shelshok said:

Is there a way to get a raster prop monitor overlay in flight view?

Not quite sure what you mean by this.

New build available:  https://github.com/JonnyOThan/RasterPropMonitor/releases/tag/v0.31.10.3

Changes

• Fixed some variables being stuck on NaN
  • Fixed time-based variables (rate of change, etc) sometimes flickering to NaN
  • Fixed missing [ characters on some props
  • Fixed backlight button not working the first time it's clicked
  • Use fast path when changing color of a label that doesn't have color tags
  • Don't install plugin modules for mods that aren't installed
  • Keep persistent variables out of the update lists
  • Remove obsolete patches for stock parts that would cause harmless errors in the log
  • Prep for moving some of the custom ASET-derived parts into ASET itself

• 2 weeks later...

This might go in the direction of shelshok's demand, but in an undesirable way, as it is rather a bug:

When activating the camera on the display, and going eva after, the last camera picture seems to stay rendered. See the video below (skip to 1:25 until I manage to click the right buttons).

It seems it also breaks my waterfall plumes, but I'd have to do more investigation on that.

If needed I can send logs and modlist. Quickloading fixes the issue, but not the plumes though.

Edited by KawaiiLucy

Just now, KawaiiLucy said:

This might go in the direction of shelshok's demand, but in an undesirable way, as it is rather a bug:

When activating the camera on the display, and going eva after, the last camera picture seems to stay rendered. See the video below (skip to 1:25 until I manage to click the right buttons).

It seems it also breaks my waterfall plumes, but I'd have to do more investigation on that.

If needed I can send logs and modlist.

You should always send logs with bug reports, but this has already been fixed in RPM 0.31.11.0.  Note that it requires the new ASET Consolidated props pack.  Both are on CKAN.

6 minutes ago, JonnyOThan said:

Note that it requires the new ASET Consolidated props pack.  Both are on CKAN.

Are there version-specific dependencies here? If so, we should probably add that to the CKAN metadata. This was in the back of my mind since you said you were waiting on those ASET adoptions for other mod releases, but my focus was on getting those reviewed and merged.

Edited by HebaruSan

Just now, HebaruSan said:

Are there version-specific dependencies here? If so, we should probably add that to the CKAN metadata. This was in the back of my mind since you said you were waiting on those ASET adoptions for other mod releases, but my focus was on getting those reviewed and merged.

Ah, not *exactly* - I sort of misspoke.  RPM doesn't depend on ASET.  But if you're using ASET, it should be the new consolidated version.  I guess you could mark RPM as conflicting with older versions of ASET, but that only helps people who are updating one mod and not the other, which would be weird.

Wow, I've been neglecting to update this thread!  Two new releases since my last post:

WARNING

Some props that were previously part of RPM have been moved to ASET Consolidated Props Pack. If you are using IVAs that use those props, you'll need to make sure to switch to that version. If you're using CKAN, simply update RPM and ASET Props and you're good to go.

v0.31.11.0 Changes

• Moved ASET-derived props and patches to ASET Consolidated Props
  • Moved thrust reverser patches from ASET
  • Fixed "double-vision" bug that could occur when going EVA while an external camera was active
  • Fixed pan/tilt/zoom buttons on external cameras
  • Fix some harmless error spew
  • Fixed "warp to next" button for maneuver nodes
  • Fixed node burn time sometimes reading as NaN
  • Fixed variables flickering when the game was running faster than physics
  • Fixed terminal velocity readout flickering to NaN on the launchpad
  • Optimized navball page rendering

v0.31.11.1 Changes

• Fixed NREs from navball in Near Future pods
  • Force all clickable buttons to layer 20 (fixes certain props when FreeIva is installed)
  • Fix navball markers being visible when they shouldn't
  • Add support for switchable labels to preserve the selected index

Discord support server: https://discord.gg/vBDzZAq3AF

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I would like to access and use MechJeb2's aircraft autopilot in IVA with RPM's MFDs. However, I only have those choices when I go in the MJ menu:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/99gf6gofwulld8u/Capture d'écran 2023-03-15 101651.png?dl=0

Is there a way to tell RPM that I would like it to show me instead the MJ's aircraft autopilot menu?

I asked this in MechJeb2 thread and Sarbian told me that it is RPM which handles this.

Here are logs in case they can help:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ngvd6cmeqq11ogn/KSP.log?dl=0

Edited by Hippodingo