When Dose KPS2 Start in 2020

Or..... maybe not.   

There have already been some delays announced, it's very common for software release dates to get pushed back.

When TTi/ST are ready to announce the official release date, they will. 

Till then, bated breath might be your best option. 

I don't know, I'm starting to get scared by their radio silence.

They started big by revealing months worth of content all at once in a bazillion of interviews and with a big campaign on Reddit and YouTube for their announcement trailer, then nothing.

I fear that something happened and there's some big elephant in the room that they don't know how to face.

7 hours ago, Master39 said:

I don't know, I'm starting to get scared by their radio silence.

They started big by revealing months worth of content all at once in a bazillion of interviews and with a big campaign on Reddit and YouTube for their announcement trailer, then nothing.

I fear that something happened and there's some big elephant in the room that they don't know how to face.

Same, I was thinking they were waiting for christmas/new years to reveal more hype fuel but the continued silence along with the at least 1 week, up to 1 year delayed launch window of FY 2021 has me taken aback by now. I doubt this will become a new "EITR" disappointment, but we're just lacking any reasonable launch window at the time now when it originally would be releasing just over 3 months from now, projected from only 4 months ago...

38 minutes ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

Same, I was thinking they were waiting for christmas/new years to reveal more hype fuel but the continued silence along with the at least 1 week, up to 1 year delayed launch window of FY 2021 has me taken aback by now. I doubt this will become a new "EITR" disappointment, but we're just lacking any reasonable launch window at the time now when it originally would be releasing just over 3 months from now, projected from only 4 months ago...

There's also the "developers insights" that stopped at the first video, at the beginning I was hoping that was a weekly thing, then every 15 days, then monthly, now I'm just hoping they release a statement saying that they're still here.

'No news is good news' as they say.

Better to hear nothing at this stage than stuff that is not finalised yet and therefore subject to  possible changes.  No point in giving regular updates when there is no real detail they can give.

Apart from one indication of a (potential) delay, we have heard nothing to indicate that stuff is NOT happening.  The occasional 'Don't panic, we are still breathing' type message would be reassuring though.

11 minutes ago, pandaman said:

'No news is good news' as they say.

Better to hear nothing at this stage than stuff that is not finalised yet and therefore subject to  possible changes.  No point in giving regular updates when there is no real detail they can give.

Apart from one indication of a (potential) delay, we have heard nothing to indicate that stuff is NOT happening.  The occasional 'Don't panic, we are still breathing' type message would be reassuring though.

Every tiny detail could keep the forum talking and hyped for months, from the design choices behind a engine nozzle to the specific resource system of a drill bit, there are a lot of snall things you can talk about without risking anything.

The fact that they're not using this opportunity to keep the hype alive is the thing that's scaring me.

1 hour ago, Master39 said:

Every tiny detail could keep the forum talking and hyped for months, from the design choices behind a engine nozzle to the specific resource system of a drill bit, there are a lot of snall things you can talk about without risking anything.

The fact that they're not using this opportunity to keep the hype alive is the thing that's scaring me.

I wouldn't worry too much. I don't know what the thinking behind it is, but lots of studios don't bother with that sort of hype micromaintenance. I think every game I've ever played that had a forum community had periods of nervousness over "why wouldn't they be trying to keep us hyped unless something terrible has happened?"

Long periods of silence from devs are pretty typical, especially for a game that hasn't yet released.

Software development schedules frequently change. Let them do it right, release when the work is done and debugged. The alternative is to announce an exact date, followed by a scramble to cut features at the last minute and release with bugs in order to meet the date.

I'm not concerning about the lack of hype. They should spending their money on the software; money spent on marketing so far in advance will be forgotten by the time KSP2 is ready.

One major KSP modder said he got a tour of the KSP2 studio. He didn't say much but it's a promising sign that they might be coordinating with the existing mod community or maybe interviewing him for a job.

On 1/5/2020 at 11:44 PM, Gargamel said:

There have already been some delays announced, it's very common for software release dates to get pushed back.

The rumored Delay says Fiscal Year 2021, which starts on April 1st of the 2020 Calendar year, So it could very well still be Spring 2020.

1 hour ago, ShawnPhillips said:

The rumored Delay says Fiscal Year 2021, which starts on April 1st of the 2020 Calendar year, So it could very well still be Spring 2020.

Exactly. I presume late May or early June, but we might get luckier than that so they try for April, or even more unlucky so that they delay it again.

6 hours ago, ShawnPhillips said:

Hardly a rumour given it was in annual report. 

8 hours ago, ShawnPhillips said:

It could be released any time between April 1, 2020, and March 31, 2021. Given the fact that that's the window we're working with here, I would say the "best case scenario" isn't in play.

In my experience, things are usually delayed to the date as far out as they can be when no specific window is given.

So...I'm not saying March 31, 2021...but be prepared for March 31, 2021...

4 hours ago, Greenfire32 said:

It could be released any time between April 1, 2020, and March 31, 2021. Given the fact that that's the window we're working with here, I would say the "best case scenario" isn't in play.

In my experience, things are usually delayed to the date as far out as they can be when no specific window is given.

So...I'm not saying March 31, 2021...but be prepared for March 31, 2021...

I doubt it's the case if they waited years of dev time to announce 6 months from launch for it to be delayed to 18 months from announcement... That said T2 could have been pressuring star theory into an uncomfortable launch window and were forcing hype for a game the publisher cares little about. Either way I hope that isn't the case, but if it was perhaps our community dodged a bullet thanks to outer worlds

5 hours ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

were forcing hype for a game the publisher cares little about.

Judging by the professional quality of the trailer and the YouTube and Reddit campaign for it I wouldn't say that Private Division doesn't care about KSP2

1 hour ago, Master39 said:

Judging by the professional quality of the trailer and the YouTube and Reddit campaign for it I wouldn't say that Private Division doesn't care about KSP2

I was talking about take 2 more than private division, to them kerbal is a small niche project vs gta, bioshock, and civ 6. Any publisher knows if you wanna sell a turd put some gold foil over it. Makes it look better until the buyer gets their hands on it... Then it falls apart, stinks, and leaves a bad taste in your mouth xD

Edited by mcwaffles2003