cBBp Dragon Rider Pod/Capsule

CardBoardBoxProcessor

Very nice work, I was waiting for someone to mod this sweet spacecraft, and you did it wonderfully! :)

I may have noticed a visual bug though. When the fuel is exhausted while thrusting, 3 of the thrusters flames are still visible, like if at full thrust. The engines aren't thrusting anymore, but the animations are still present.

I'm using MechJeb 1.9.0 (for decoupler reasons!) if that could be of any help, or even the cause.

When I undeploy them they flop on their sides and refuse to get back up after multiple attempts, though in that case I was using one that had a lot of Kethane and communication equipment on the top. I'll try one with no attachments and see.

EDIT: After a little bit of testing, it looks like the legs aren't even saving in the down position, or at least not all of the time. I had all 3 of my capsules with the legs extended, reloaded and now 2 of them have them folded up, including the one with no attachments.

Edited by Alex6511

When I undeploy them they flop on their sides and refuse to get back up after multiple attempts, though in that case I was using one that had a lot of Kethane and communication equipment on the top. I'll try one with no attachments and see.

EDIT: After a little bit of testing, it looks like the legs aren't even saving in the down position, or at least not all of the time. I had all 3 of my capsules with the legs extended, reloaded and now 2 of them have them folded up, including the one with no attachments.

Please PM kreuzung about this issue. it is his plugin. I am sure it will mend that issue :)

BTW is you changes all your RCS blocks from the stock one to:

Module = MuMechVariableRCS

your RCS will follow staging instead of Draining it in weird ways.

Edited by CardBoardBoxProcessor

Please PM kreuzung about this issue. it is his plugin. I am sure it will mend that issue :)

Its happening on ships without Kethane stuff on it, so I doubt that is the cause.

EDIT: Nevermind, got their names mixed up. Yeah I'll do that.

Is there any sort of additional mod I need to download to be able to use this? Or is it good to go as is?

EDIT: Apologies, I read right over that bit about needing Electrical Energy.

Edited by Fredonia

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how to edit the cfg file so that there is only 3 crew at launch? I see how to set the crew capacity to 3, but I'd like to keep the crew capacity at 7, but only have 3 crew for the trip.

I don't think you can. You'll have to EVA the unwanted crew and end their flights.

This is pure awesome ! It works much better than the Durgun. I have one (very minor) niggle and two requests:

Niggle: I think the heat shield texture is upside down when the capsule reenters heads-up (with the hatch on top).

Request: It would be nice if it had a service module/trunk with solar panels (like the real dragon, it could contain extra RCS for orbital manouvers, flush solar panels, and maybe Zox). Also, dedicated decouplers would be great.

Awesome capsule! This thing is really pretty.

I have two questions:

Is it possible to make the download filename more descriptive? Now it's "1.0.0.0.zip" how about "dragonrider_1.0.0.0.zip"

Easier to manage for those of us that hoard mass quantities of mods ;)

Also, I note it has only 300litres of fuel in it's gut. This should do nicely for moon/minmus missions. But on the offchance that you're looking for something to do ;) Maybe it'd be cool to add aditional parts below the capsule that would add about 2000 delta-v so the whole thing could serve as a kerbin return vehicle on interplanetary trips?

Very good mod, I had one issue, the one Kerbal over the time warp controls is stopping me from reading the warp time setting.

I haven't taken it out of the atmosphere yet, so I don't know if it will interfere with speeding up time?

On a side note, it looks like the Kerbals all have their helmet lights on, is that intentional or is it my monitor?

toomanyKermans50percent.png

Edited by Tommygun

Another niggle: the dome fairing fires of in front of the spacecraft, and sometimes hits you when you accelerate. A split fairing would be better (and would allow to mount a docking adapter or a spare chute under the fairing.

There also seems to be some kind of light source inside the pod. On my screen, it washes out the capsule and the faces of the Kerbals.

Another niggle: the dome fairing fires of in front of the spacecraft, and sometimes hits you when you accelerate. A split fairing would be better (and would allow to mount a docking adapter or a spare chute under the fairing.

There also seems to be some kind of light source inside the pod. On my screen, it washes out the capsule and the faces of the Kerbals.

well, you could symply point a bit downward, eject, then go accelerate. i find it a very good feature.