Jump to content

[1.9.x, 1.10.x, 1.11.x, 1.12.x] Kerbal Space Transport System


linuxgurugamer
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, pap1723 said:

Payload is just a requirement of the contract. It is essentially a resource that needs to get to a specific orbit.

Yes, but KSTS allows a vehicle to carry any payload up to the amount of payload carried in the recorded mission. So how would you want to address this?  How would KCT know what to charge both time and cost for an unknown payload?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry, I understand the situation now. OK, the contract they will have to complete will be the most Payload they would have to carry. So do not worry about the payloads. It will be handled with a proper contract design.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, pap1723 said:

Sorry, I understand the situation now. OK, the contract they will have to complete will be the most Payload they would have to carry. So do not worry about the payloads. It will be handled with a proper contract design.

Ok.  It is going to take a little time because I have some other issues to work on first

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SpheralFlunky59 said:

I installed the mod, but it is not working, it even appears in the game. Can someone help me?

It looks like a bad install. 
KSTS folder should be in Game Data folder. 
Also, I believe that KSTS has to dependencies: click through blocker and linuxgurugamer”s Toolbar control (I don’t remember exactly the mods names, but should be easy to find)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, CateredCarrot said:

It looks like a bad install. 
KSTS folder should be in Game Data folder. 
Also, I believe that KSTS has to dependencies: click through blocker and linuxgurugamer”s Toolbar control (I don’t remember exactly the mods names, but should be easy to find)

Wow, thank you, I installed both of the mods you recommend and now the KSTS is working. Thank you very much!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I've been fiddling with the mode for the past few days and have noticed one small annoyance in its interaction with Mechjeb (I´m running KSP 1.8.1, KSTS 2.0.0.1 and MechJeb2 2.9.1)

So, Mechjeb has, under "utilities", the possibility of auto deploying solar panels. I have this option turned on and it usually works well. 

Now, if I "deploy" a vessel with KSTS, when I load said vessel the solar panels will be stuck in "extending" - but they will never actually extend. The only way to get them extended is to move focus away (switch vessels or go to tracking station) and then come back to focusing the deployed vessel - in which case the solar panels will immediately extend as expected.

On a side note: wouldn't it be possible to record and later "deploy" an SSTO? From everything I've read and tested, then only way to deploy is through decouplers/docking/etc. I was wondering why not record a vessel profile so that it "launches itself", if I'm making myself clear, just putting it into orbit with the same fuel/deltaV it had when the recorded launch was saved.

Thanks a whole lot!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

How do I order a recorded launch? Also how do I record a rendezvous & departure and have it played back when I need a commodity or crew launches to a station or other ship kinda mission? Also how do I order a mission from the KSC map menu what steps do I need to do in that menu?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

First of all, this is one of the best mods! Awesome that I don't have to launch the same rocket one more time after numerous times. It make things a easier and quicker which is a good thing when you don't have all the time in the world for KSP. Thank you!

 

34 minutes ago, Cloakedwand72 said:

How do I order a recorded launch? Also how do I record a rendezvous & departure and have it played back when I need a commodity or crew launches to a station or other ship kinda mission? Also how do I order a mission from the KSC map menu what steps do I need to do in that menu?

Most of these are detailed in the mod menu.

In short when you are at the KSC view, open the mod menu and then you will have options for deploy and transfer missions.

Build just a satellite in VAB, save it, go back to KSC. Open deploy missions, first you need to choose the payload, so choose the satellite, then you can choose the lifter that you recorded, start mission or deploy (I can't remember the exact wording), then it will do a countdown. Probably you will need to wait it out / warp it while still at the KSC. When the countdown is finished, you will get an ingame green notification text that your vehicle is in orbit. Switch to map view, select the new vessel, and ta-daa your satellite is in the requested orbit.

You can even deploy it to pretty close to a reference vessel, such as a station, to skip the randezvous thing.

When you are deploying a vessel that has potential payloads and crew, you can select these during the deploy menu.

Transfer is different, that there will be no craft put magically on orbit, just the  previously defined amount of resources will be added to the selected orbiting vessel. Probably you can transfer crew as well, but I haven't tried it because then I will need to separately send up a return vehicle too (maybe by deploying them).

And you cannot order a mission from map menu, only in KSC IRRC. Also if you ordered a deploy or transfer mission, these won't be completed while you are in the map menu or is vessel view. You have to switch back to KSC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, bokrif said:

First of all, this is one of the best mods! Awesome that I don't have to launch the same rocket one more time after numerous times. It make things a easier and quicker which is a good thing when you don't have all the time in the world for KSP. Thank you!

 

Most of these are detailed in the mod menu.

In short when you are at the KSC view, open the mod menu and then you will have options for deploy and transfer missions.

Build just a satellite in VAB, save it, go back to KSC. Open deploy missions, first you need to choose the payload, so choose the satellite, then you can choose the lifter that you recorded, start mission or deploy (I can't remember the exact wording), then it will do a countdown. Probably you will need to wait it out / warp it while still at the KSC. When the countdown is finished, you will get an ingame green notification text that your vehicle is in orbit. Switch to map view, select the new vessel, and ta-daa your satellite is in the requested orbit.

You can even deploy it to pretty close to a reference vessel, such as a station, to skip the randezvous thing.

When you are deploying a vessel that has potential payloads and crew, you can select these during the deploy menu.

Transfer is different, that there will be no craft put magically on orbit, just the  previously defined amount of resources will be added to the selected orbiting vessel. Probably you can transfer crew as well, but I haven't tried it because then I will need to separately send up a return vehicle too (maybe by deploying them).

And you cannot order a mission from map menu, only in KSC IRRC. Also if you ordered a deploy or transfer mission, these won't be completed while you are in the map menu or is vessel view. You have to switch back to KSC. Agree with who awesome mod! I’m just not used to to this mod unlike the routine mission manager mod. Also no follow along short examples in game instruction or community videos of this awesome mod in action!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, really loving this mod. Much more flexibility than older mods that did similar functions to my taste. 

Query - can I transport/deploy to other bodies outside Kerbin SOI
Everytime I enter The Mun's SOI on a transport mission it removes the appropriate button for transporting goods. Just reads "abort" and "abort and return to launchpad". 

 

Cheers for picking this up and keeping it alive, its making my 3rd career play through much less tedious. Seriously. Awesome work. Many praises. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, The_villain said:

Hey, really loving this mod. Much more flexibility than older mods that did similar functions to my taste. 

Query - can I transport/deploy to other bodies outside Kerbin SOI
Everytime I enter The Mun's SOI on a transport mission it removes the appropriate button for transporting goods. Just reads "abort" and "abort and return to launchpad". 

 

Cheers for picking this up and keeping it alive, its making my 3rd career play through much less tedious. Seriously. Awesome work. Many praises. 

No, it specifically says in the OP that the transport is to Kerbin-Orbit

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ah, your quite right. I'm guilty of doing what I usually try really hard not to do - getting over excited and skimming the notes. 
To clarify then - I can deploy but not transport to SOI outside kerbin? I'm assuming Launch and record from other bodies is for Extra Planetary Launchpads/Ground Construction etc?

Sorry - its just that between the old thread and this one I'm a bit confused. 

 

Again, really appreciate this mod and you taking the time to revive it. Massive grin on my face when I deployed my first vessel: 'ORBIT ALL THE THINGS!'

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, luizsilveira said:

Hi,

I'm having a weird issue with a "ghost" ship appearing on all scenes and breaking my game. I've pinpointed this mod as related to the problem (and it's possible cause, I assume). 

It's documented/posted here

Thanks!

@linuxgurugamer I can confirm this. Happened to me last night in 1.8.1 as it was the first time I've loaded the game since you updated KSTS earlier this week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, luizsilveira said:

Hi,

I'm having a weird issue with a "ghost" ship appearing on all scenes and breaking my game. I've pinpointed this mod as related to the problem (and it's possible cause, I assume). 

It's documented/posted here

Thanks!

 

35 minutes ago, leatherneck6017 said:

@linuxgurugamer I can confirm this. Happened to me last night in 1.8.1 as it was the first time I've loaded the game since you updated KSTS earlier this week.

For both of you, if you load version 2.0.0.1 from here:   https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/KSTS/releases/tag/2.0.0.1

does the problem go away?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...