[1.9.x, 1.10.x, 1.11.x, 1.12.x] Kerbal Space Transport System

linuxgurugamer

Hi there, thanks for maintaining this mod! I've been playing with it for a while now and it's been very useful.

Last night I had a few ideas for improving the UI a bit.  I know you're busy maintaining a whole bunch of mods, so I went ahead and wrote a patch for them myself.  I submitted a PR to your Github repo with all the details, but the short version is that I changed the list of mission profiles to be sorted by name, and also added a search bar and a way to hide invalid profiles (e.g. because the payload is too heavy):

Spoiler

186341387-46efab36-d840-4e1c-b755-7d9766

186341782-6128bd65-4f47-48c5-86aa-3d4212

I hope that's alright!  I tried to keep the patch as minimal as possible, but I had to do a bit of rejiggering to the GUI list code to get the filtering to work properly.  Let me know if you need me to change or fix anything!

I was also interested in making some additional changes (such as caching the search results so they don't have to be recalculated every frame, and adding support for different sort modes), but that would take a more significant rework to separate out the GUI logic from the profile validation logic first.  I'm willing to make all the necessary changes myself, but I wanted to make sure you'd be okay with me submitting a PR for that kind of extensive rework before getting too deep into the guts of the code.

1 hour ago, Pausbrak said:

Hi there, thanks for maintaining this mod! I've been playing with it for a while now and it's been very useful.

Last night I had a few ideas for improving the UI a bit.  I know you're busy maintaining a whole bunch of mods, so I went ahead and wrote a patch for them myself.  I submitted a PR to your Github repo with all the details, but the short version is that I changed the list of mission profiles to be sorted by name, and also added a search bar and a way to hide invalid profiles (e.g. because the payload is too heavy):

Reveal hidden contents

186341387-46efab36-d840-4e1c-b755-7d9766

186341782-6128bd65-4f47-48c5-86aa-3d4212

I hope that's alright!  I tried to keep the patch as minimal as possible, but I had to do a bit of rejiggering to the GUI list code to get the filtering to work properly.  Let me know if you need me to change or fix anything!

I was also interested in making some additional changes (such as caching the search results so they don't have to be recalculated every frame, and adding support for different sort modes), but that would take a more significant rework to separate out the GUI logic from the profile validation logic first.  I'm willing to make all the necessary changes myself, but I wanted to make sure you'd be okay with me submitting a PR for that kind of extensive rework before getting too deep into the guts of the code.

Absolutely.   PRs are always welcome, and if you can improve the performance, that's great

10 hours ago, Flamingo said:

Yes here you go! I just did a couple of different things.

Log: https://file.io/amKiSn968J2E

Video: https://streamable.com/9tb57e

Ummm, you just repeated what you did before.  What I asked is that you start a mission, and, before it gets deployed (you can try it immediately after starting the KSTS mission) go into teh various buildings

9 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ummm, you just repeated what you did before.  What I asked is that you start a mission, and, before it gets deployed (you can try it immediately after starting the KSTS mission) go into teh various buildings

Well, i did enter some of the buildings before the payload were deployed, like you asked. Here is a video of me entering the buildings before the payload is deployed but after the mission is started.

Video: https://streamable.com/lq7slu

Log: https://file.io/MyfmmEsc8IgX

5 hours ago, Flamingo said:

Well, i did enter some of the buildings before the payload were deployed, like you asked. Here is a video of me entering the buildings before the payload is deployed but after the mission is started.

Ok, so the problem only happens when the contract is completed.  That helps

I'll take a look at it.  

If there isn't an "infodrive", does it work correctly?

6 hours ago, Flamingo said:

Can you upload the log file (which goes to after the issue occurs) and PM it to me so no one else can download it?  That web site deletes the file after the first download

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I'll take a look at it.  

It actually looks like there is a problem (as  you said) in the Infodrive.

so no need for any more info for now.

And, can we move this over to the VesselNotes thread, since that's where the issue is?

Edit:  and I think I found the problem, have more testing to do

Edited by linuxgurugamer

On 8/26/2022 at 3:38 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

I'll take a look at it.  

On 8/26/2022 at 4:20 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Can you upload the log file (which goes to after the issue occurs) and PM it to me so no one else can download it?  That web site deletes the file after the first download

On 8/26/2022 at 5:02 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

It actually looks like there is a problem (as  you said) in the Infodrive.

so no need for any more info for now.

And, can we move this over to the VesselNotes thread, since that's where the issue is?

Edit:  and I think I found the problem, have more testing to do

Yes sure. I went away for the weekend, but this sounds great! I've PM'ed you my log if you still need it by any chance.

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Don0303 said:

https://imgur.com/a/aF4wsr5

for some reason my crewed launch wont work,  it wont let me save, only abort

First, no logs, no support, see my sig for info on how to get logs

Second, without knowing what other mods you have installed, and without the log file, no idea if there is in interaction between mods.

Only thing I can suggest is to exit the game and try again

• 2 months later...

New release 2.0.3

• Thanks to github user @RadHazard for these changes
    • The list of mission profiles highlights the cost in green, and also shows cost per ton (useful for construction missions)
    • The mission profile list is now sorted by name (and updates when profiles are renamed)
    • Transport profiles are no longer shown when picking a mission profile for a Deploy mission, and vice-versa
    • Profiles of the right type but not valid for a mission (e.g. because the payload is too heavy) are hidden by default, but can be shown with a checkbox
    • The list of profiles can be searched by name (either profile name or craft name)
    • Both the payload search and profile search are now case-insensitive
    • Add cost per ton to the profile screen

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. I love this mod!

I bumped into problem when using it in career game mode. In contracts "Build new unmanned probe that has anthena and can generate power" isn't passing with vessel lunched with KSTS. 

Other thing is that KSTS ui is too small on 4K display. It's readable but inconvinient. Can you add some way to scale the ui? A lot of mods seem to have such option.

I'm using latest version though ckan.

1 hour ago, pgrabas said:

Hi. I love this mod!

I bumped into problem when using it in career game mode. In contracts "Build new unmanned probe that has anthena and can generate power" isn't passing with vessel lunched with KSTS. 

Other thing is that KSTS ui is too small on 4K display. It's readable but inconvinient. Can you add some way to scale the ui? A lot of mods seem to have such option.

I'm using latest version though ckan.

Not going to work, you actually need to launch the vessel.  KSTS is not meant to fulfil those kinds of contracts

Regarding the fonts, sorry, but it's actually quite a bit of work to do that properly.  The game and mods were all written long before 4K was a thing for many people, given that I have over 200 mods I take care of, I can't really spend that much time to update each one for 4K, I'd be doing that for the next year

• 1 month later...

so what exactly makes this incompatible with USI-LS ? the question was thrown a couple of time but never answered. does it just cause a few hichups on launch, or is this a game-breaking bug ?

also, in the case it's completely incompatible, is there a similar alternative life support mod that's compatible ? (the only one that's said to be compatible is CLLS, but that hasn't been updated in a while and idk if it will work with PSA Greenhouse)

Edited by Lucaspec72

4 hours ago, Lucaspec72 said:

so what exactly makes this incompatible with USI-LS ? the question was thrown a couple of time but never answered. does it just cause a few hichups on launch, or is this a game-breaking bug ?

also, in the case it's completely incompatible, is there a similar alternative life support mod that's compatible ? (the only one that's said to be compatible is CLLS, but that hasn't been updated in a while and idk if it will work with PSA Greenhouse)

I have no idea, other than no LS will be used during the transportation phase, but I don't know much about USI-LS.  Maybe ask in the USI thread about it

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I have a question. Did anyone has a problem with construction mission. Because for me when I send construction mission on arrival time game just freeze.  No Unity bug report window but game simply freeze.

Luckily I had some save before launching but it would be great maybe to add some abort mission button. No cost return but to simply cancel the mission.

Edited by Kalessin1

• 1 month later...

When a vessel deploys, the game softlocks and I can only enter certain buildings (Astronaut Complex, R&D and Mission Control) and I cannot exit them. The log starts getting spammed with NREs. Trying to use Haystack to select any vessel and pressing the fly button doesn't work. If I start the mission then immediately go to the tracking station, as soon as the vessel deploys, it shows up in its orbit, but all the buttons become unresponsive and I'm stuck in the tracking station. I can load a previous save to before the mission and all seems well again.

As soon as the vessel deploys, there are two KSPCommunityFixes errors, an NRE for your Docking Camera mod, then the rest is never-ending NRE spam from Ferram.

Spoiler

[KSPCommunityFixes]: No Persistent fields on object of type EngineOptimizer that is referenced in persistent field, adding as null to TypeCache. 
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

[KSPCommunityFixes]: No Persistent fields on object of type RCSOptimizer that is referenced in persistent field, adding as null to TypeCache. 
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

Module DockingCameraModule threw during OnStart: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at OLDD_camera.Modules.DockingCameraModule.OnStart (PartModule+StartState state) [0x00178] in <2fa12dd90643486eb0a7fee37d0754ba>:0 
  at Part.ModulesOnStart () [0x00120] in <4b449f2841f84227adfaad3149c8fdba>:0  

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at FerramAerospaceResearch.FARPartGeometry.GeometryPartModule.SetupICrossSectionAdjusters () [0x0000c] in <a955754033d2460d901918c27f1186df>:0 
  at FerramAerospaceResearch.FARPartGeometry.GeometryPartModule.Start () [0x0000d] in <a955754033d2460d901918c27f1186df>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

I can provide the entire player.log or anything else if you need.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Aerospacesmith said:

When a vessel deploys, the game softlocks and I can only enter certain buildings (Astronaut Complex, R&D and Mission Control) and I cannot exit them. The log starts getting spammed with NREs. Trying to use Haystack to select any vessel and pressing the fly button doesn't work. If I start the mission then immediately go to the tracking station, as soon as the vessel deploys, it shows up in its orbit, but all the buttons become unresponsive and I'm stuck in the tracking station. I can load a previous save to before the mission and all seems well again.

As soon as the vessel deploys, there are two KSPCommunityFixes errors, an NRE for your Docking Camera mod, then the rest is never-ending NRE spam from Ferram.

Reveal hidden contents

[KSPCommunityFixes]: No Persistent fields on object of type EngineOptimizer that is referenced in persistent field, adding as null to TypeCache. 

[KSPCommunityFixes]: No Persistent fields on object of type RCSOptimizer that is referenced in persistent field, adding as null to TypeCache. 

Module DockingCameraModule threw during OnStart: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at OLDD_camera.Modules.DockingCameraModule.OnStart (PartModule+StartState state) [0x00178] in <2fa12dd90643486eb0a7fee37d0754ba>:0 
  at Part.ModulesOnStart () [0x00120] in <4b449f2841f84227adfaad3149c8fdba>:0  

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at FerramAerospaceResearch.FARPartGeometry.GeometryPartModule.SetupICrossSectionAdjusters () [0x0000c] in <a955754033d2460d901918c27f1186df>:0 
  at FerramAerospaceResearch.FARPartGeometry.GeometryPartModule.Start () [0x0000d] in <a955754033d2460d901918c27f1186df>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

I can provide the entire player.log or anything else if you need.

Thank you.

You should always provide the complete log file.  A snippet is nice to help isolate it, but there are questions I am not going to ask, which the log file can provide.  Not providing a log file just slows down the process.  Better to provide it and not need it, than to not provide it and need it.

FYI, this is the first I've heard of Docking Camera causing a problem like this, so it's probably  Ferram since it's the one generating the endless NREs

12 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

You should always provide the complete log file.  A snippet is nice to help isolate it, but there are questions I am not going to ask, which the log file can provide.  Not providing a log file just slows down the process.  Better to provide it and not need it, than to not provide it and need it.

FYI, this is the first I've heard of Docking Camera causing a problem like this, so it's probably  Ferram since it's the one generating the endless NREs

Log File: https://gist.github.com/Aerospacesmith/8719b95f99cbef7ad6bc61ad98d72a41

5 hours ago, Aerospacesmith said:

I looked at the log file.

Your copy of Loading Screen Manager is out-of-date, there is a newer version which fixes a bug, and should fix all the exceptions it's throwing

DeepFreeze is throwing a number of exceptions, but can be ignored since it's from the partloader

WBI is getting a number of exceptions as well

The exceptions from DockingCamera are during an initialization state, and can be ignored

Your biggest problem is FAR, something in it is breaking your game.  Most likely it's not compatible with this mod. You need to contact the FAR people for help

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 9/14/2021 at 5:30 AM, g_BonE said:

If You use  the KSTS Deploy function the craft ends up seemingly without the staging information as soon as it gets spawned in the chosen orbit.  Looks like as mentioned above this data is just not transferred to the spawned craft.

On 9/13/2021 at 5:26 PM, whitespacekilla said:

I fixed this in a fork once but abandoned it. I was trying to generalize the ability to launch based on what you'd achieved before, very similar to how WOLF simplifies resource generation by abstracting it, I gave up on the UI programming. I also wanted KCT and USI-LS compatibility and those turned into Reflection rabbit holes.

The staging never exists in the first place because of the way the vessel is spawned. I don't believe it ever worked. I fixed it by using the vessel spawn code Allista has in AT_Utils as a reference point. See https://github.com/allista/AT_Utils/blob/4d667ac2b2889a710d692b5729c32480fb0f4c79/Addons/VesselSpawner.cs for details. I think `StageManager.BeginFlight()` needed to be called to get it working. I had physics problems with my KSTS spawned vessels then, too, which I was able to fix using AT_Utils as a reference, too. I can't recreate those today. It's possible that other physics plugins like PersistentRotation or whatever plugin I had to help with the Minmus Quake was just exacerbated by how KSTS spawns vessels.

I've encountered a similar issue with this mod. After a bit of tinkering, I've opened a pull request that seems to fix the issue, at least based on simple testing with only KSTS installed.