stock reflection shaders causing massive fps drops

Hey there,

when I'm in the flight scene, I have a massive fps drop when turning reflectionshader settings on for every frame.

My mods are (KSP1.8.1):

EVE

Scatterer

Planetshine

Distant Object Enhancement

Reentry particle Effect

Real-Plume

AVP (8k and 43k textures)

Texture Replacer

Chatterer

My rig:

[email protected] singlecore, 4.6Ghz allcore

Gtx1660ti

32GB of Ram

I wanted to know whether this is only for me the case or if it's a general problem. I know that these are mods which are heavy on GPU load, but I think whether my system is good midrange and I shouldn't have such a massive fps Drop.

(All other settings on Max)

With shaders on Max : 16-17fps (bottlenecked by shaders)

Off : 60fps        (bottlenecked by visual mods)

Thanks in advance

Hmm, I've never played with the Stock reflective shader active on parts as I replace them with shaders from Textures Unlimited. I do however run real time reflections (and they're typically active on every part, unlike stock) and don't have framerate issues. My system is 5 years old so I would expect you should get better performance. I would however note, I do get drops inside atmosphere (more accurately below the PQS switch height) when both Scatterer and E.V.E are installed. Not as bad as you are experiencing, I maybe dip to mid 40's from memory. I can use one or the other without issue but both just causes strange behaviour that I'm not entirely convinced is completely down to my system but more the way the mods interact with one another.

Edited by Manwith Noname

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.