Manuever nodes and Orbital Info locked for seemingly no reason?

I imagine a lot of you might be rolling your eyes right now. Believe me, if I was in your shoes, I'd be right there with you. A lot of people seem to get the communications and piloting mechanics of the game mixed up. I've been playing the game for a while though, and this doesn't appear to be the problem unfortunately. It only seems to happen with probes, that have full power, are not hibernating, and have a stable connection to the KSP, usually through a relay network. Here's an example screenshot for reference.

Oddly enough, it doesn't act like you'd expect a typical control locked craft to act; I still have full throttle and orientation control, only maneuver nodes and the Maneuver mode display in the lower left corner seem to be affected. I can even transmit science data back to Kerbin! I've tried going in and out of contact with Kerbin, by having contact interrupted by a planet/moon, hibernating and waking up the probe core, and closing and redeploying the antenna, nothing changes. It has full power, and in fact should never run out of power given the RTGs and the solar panels, at least while the ion engine is off (which it is).

Am I just being stupid? Did I miss something? Or is this a bug? I'd really hate to have to deorbit this thing and launch another ion probe all the way to Jool again...

I'm in science mode, everything related to building upgrades should be unlocked. I've even used maneuver nodes, not just on other probes and ships, but on this exact same probe just to get out to Jool in the first place! And on the map screen I do get to see my path, both around the current planet/moon and beyond it (I think that's you mean by patched conics?), encounters, periapsis, even my time to periapsis and encounters on the map screen, despite the fact that those exact same numbers are locked out in the corner!

EDIT: Double checked, all buildings in the KSP are level 3 (besides the flag pole :Y), and none of them are destroyed. I was hoping saving and reloading a few times would work, but the issue seems to saved to the file now :< Would sharing that help?

Edited by Pacca

14 minutes ago, Pacca said:

I'm in science mode, everything related to building upgrades should be unlocked.

Kind of what I thought. Is the craft designated as debris or an asteroid (in the craft naming dialog)? (I don't really think so, because IIRC that means that you don't have control of the craft at all when you get back to a craft that is designated like that.) So my best guess is that there is something wrong with your KSP installation. Either some problem with one or more of the mods that you are using, or your installation of KSP itself is corrupted. :(

Hmmm... does the probe use parts from mods or is it stock? If it is stock, then can you put the savefile somewhere where I could have a look at it?

Edit: O.K. our postings overlapped. Yes, sharing the savefile might help.

Edited by AHHans

On further inspection, it seems like every single one of my in flight craft are affected by this! Which would really suck considering how far I am ;w;

None of them are labelled as debris or asteroids and most of them have functional connected probe cores (except for a few with no connection, which have limited probe control as expected). And all my craft use stock parts.

After checking my mods though, I did notice I had one mod I that I'm not sure how I got in the first place, "Custom Barn Kit". Removing that seems to fixed it!

Edited by Pacca

12 minutes ago, Pacca said:

After checking my mods though, I did notice I had one mod I that I'm not sure how I got in the first place, "Custom Barn Kit". Removing that seems to fixed it!

O.K. Good to know that it works now.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.