KSP Loading preview Rockomax Conglomerate RE-15 "Skipper"

St4rdust

I like it. It´s not to far from the original but looks much nicer. And I think for an interstage engine tankbutt variations aren´t necessary. But if you revamp the Reliant and Swivel (yes, it will be controversial anyway, but at some point in the future - hopefully near future - it has to be done ;) ) could  you please include versions without tankbutts? those would be perfect for the engine plates. Thanks.

speaking of tankbutts: Hemispherical tanks, maybe versions of the adapters, would be awesome! Like the spaceshuttle tank nosecone version.

Anyways,  as always I´m exited to learn what you have planned for the next update. This is a nice start :)

Nice, you guys are still updating even after KSP 2 was launched! I would love for you guys to get to 2.0 and then call it a day. Anyways, keep up the hard work! I love KSP and I hope it continues long after I pass...

I've always maintained that the Skipper is one of the best engine models in the game, and this looks to me like one of the best revamps. It keeps the overall look while updating the colouring and styling to match the other revamped parts.

Now guys, some bare and truss mount variants. Pretty please? :wub:

Nice.

2 hours ago, KerbolExplorer said:

I wonder when are they going to upgrade the parachutes they look terrible on the upgraded pods 

Not just the parts, the chutes too.

16 hours ago, KerrMü said:

revamp the Reliant and Swivel (yes, it will be controversial anyway, but at some point in the future - hopefully near future - it has to be done ;) )

Agreed on the need to revamp those. Back when the Terrier was overhauled, I didn't like the change due to only barely having started KSP at the time and having missed the squat shape it gave to the rear of my rockets. Over time, however, I warmed up to it, so I could accept the Swivel and the Reliant being changed too.

I don't like it. It's slightly less nonsensical than the original, but is still too close to it. They did a passable job technically, but a horrible one design-wise. They failed to fix the biggest problems, which are the lack of visible turbomachinery, and a prominent tankbutt. That's not the way to do rocket engines, this is neither a boattail nor an exposed engine. Nothing like Porkjet's concepts, nothing like a real engine.

17 hours ago, Arco123 said:

Nice, you guys are still updating even after KSP 2 was launched! I would love for you guys to get to 2.0 and then call it a day. Anyways, keep up the hard work! I love KSP and I hope it continues long after I pass...

KSP 2 has not launched, still many months away.

Well, Usually most game studies that I know stop at this point. Well, anyways keep up the good work. It looks a lot better without the the giant black dot in the middle. Looks more like something you would find in a test lab or something.

2 hours ago, Dragon01 said:

I don't like it. It's slightly less nonsensical than the original, but is still too close to it. They did a passable job technically, but a horrible one design-wise. They failed to fix the biggest problems, which are the lack of visible turbomachinery, and a prominent tankbutt. That's not the way to do rocket engines, this is neither a boattail nor an exposed engine. Nothing like Porkjet's concepts, nothing like a real engine.

Sir, this is a Wendy's.

4 minutes ago, MiscelanousItem said:

This forebodes the Mainsail revamp nicely...

Yup. Really looking forward to that. That's a revamp they really have to get right, since the Mainsail is among the most classic engines in the game.

This revamp is pretty nice IMO, I'm hoping that its general style carries over to the Mainsail.

29 minutes ago, LittleBitMore said:

Also, if you revamp the Mainsail, please make it different from the Skipper in more than one way (that one way in current stock KSP is "the bell is bigger").

Very much this. One of the things I remember from when I first started was how hard it was to tell the two engines apart at a glance.

I like the model. Nice and clean. And the Skipper's my favorite mid-career (Say, up to Duna missions) lifter.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.