KSP Loading preview Rockomax Conglomerate RE-15 "Skipper"

St4rdust

Excited about this engine? Uhm, kinda? Not really? It honestly looks like a plastic toy version. Cheap, plastic-y, and bloated. 

I think it’s mostly the shroud/upper bit because the bell looks nice.

Please don’t add this to the game as-is :( 

Edited by Jognt

It appears to be a very nice compromise between good looking and the need to keep the game running under some constraints, as apparently a good part of the current gamers are still using less powerful rigs.

Not to mention videogames like PS4 and Xbox one that besides having both 8GB of RAM, need a good fraction of it to support the mono's runtime (and at least PS4 GPU also shares the same RAM with the CPU) - and since KSP is still being updated, I think it's reasonable to assume the consoles will also be updated somewhere in the future , and so the console constraints must be having a play on the decisions took about the modeling.

Edited by Lisias
Kinda typo

I'm not particularly excited for this one.  It almost looks like a push, and not much of a revamp.  The models themselves seem to have the same level of detail and artstyle and the revamped version simply looks like a 2nd attempt at the original, done at the same time.  The textures do look higher resolution on the revamp, but when wrapping an "old" looking model I don't really feel like much has been improved here. Lack of variants again is disappointing as well.  Skipper & Mainsail revamps have been underwhelming for me. 

This is awesome. The only thing I wasn't really happy about the old part redesign is that they lost the distinctive shape or color of the original design so that I can't recognize them any more. And this kept the old design really well while making it looks better.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.