[1.9.x] KSC Harbor (From JNSQ) v1.2 (Mar 25, 2020)

JadeOfMaar

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/11/2020 at 12:10 AM, Space_Coyote said:

And here's the final piece of the puzzle for this project.. Namely.. this

http://wlol.arlhs.com/lighthouse/USA108.html

Yep.. it's a lighthouse.. (and yes guys this is the one that is located at guess where, yep Cape Canaveral)

Space_Coyote

That could be fun to attempt to build in Blender -- unless Kerbinside Remastered already has a lighthouse... :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, DoodNoodle said:

How do i access the Payload Integration Complex?

You have to first hire kerbals into a place that has the barracks module. Then at the payload complex you bring kerbals over from the barracks. Unfortunately, my harbor doesn't have barracks right now. Thanks for bringing it up. I'll update very soon.

2 hours ago, DoodNoodle said:

I've tried clicking on the hexes that have been added and nothing occurs other than sometimes going to mission control.

From what I can tell, you can only access the KK functions from "in flight", i.e. you need to have a craft somewhere in the vicinity, be in control of it; then click on the building and you should be presented with its menu.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/4/2020 at 7:28 AM, Beetlecat said:

a lighthouse

I seem to vaguely remember having seen a lighthouse on the eastern coast of the Island Airfield many many game versions ago. I don't know which mod added it–probably the original KerbinSide or maybe Lack's KSC++, but it could have been any of the many other KK addons. Or maybe I'm just mixing it up with Madame Gina's hotel ; )

3 hours ago, Corax said:

I seem to vaguely remember having seen a lighthouse on the eastern coast of the Island Airfield many many game versions ago. I don't know which mod added it–probably the original KerbinSide or maybe Lack's KSC++, but it could have been any of the many other KK addons. Or maybe I'm just mixing it up with Madame Gina's hotel ; )

Kerbin Side ( now Kerbin-Side Continued). Really nice lighthouse model.

Btw, wrong link - Lack's KSC++ available HERE:

Edited by Aerospacer
Add

23 hours ago, Aerospacer said:

Kerbin Side ( now Kerbin-Side Continued). Really nice lighthouse model.

Thanks. I only have Kerbin Side Remastered, which does not have all of the sites the original Kerbinside had, and "only" all-original models too. It does not appear to have a lighthouse, not at that location at least.

@Beetlecat might have to look into Kerbin-Side Continued for the models then.

link

Was intentional. Both are out-of-date, so I figured credit where credit is due...

Edited by Corax
Actually pinging the one who was asking for a lighthouse, it somehow got dropped initially : /

• 10 months later...

Here's another suggestion for the guy with the brains.. make the harbor larger in space (that way you can dock an aircraft carrier or some boats in said harbor.. also maybe move the one side ot that other area but it's still a good mod, and yes I am still using it.

Space_Coyote

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2021 at 2:38 PM, Space_Coyote said:

Space_Coyote

That's a great idea so I'll think of something... I'd like to see a screenshot or more of such ships (assuming you have/use them) just for curiosity's sake.

@JadeOfMaar Personally I wouldn't mind seeing even a submarine area as well that way you can launch a sub if you wanted to.. I mean if you want to look at the idea look at the thread titled  called  Water Launch Sites .  I mean the developer here had the right idea, but again if you look at his placement of wher eit is, you can see that if a rocket exploded, well you get the idea..

(Also I have been studying the terrain around The Kerbal space Center  and in fact where the harbor is IMHO is a good spot. The logic here is because in a polar orbial shot the rockets tend to head south (Look at real life Vandenberg Air Force Base, in California, and you'll see why.  but if we use the area to the north of the ksc, that whole area around the inlet is a perfec  spot to expand and or widen the actual harbor..

just my thoughts and observations.

Space_Coyote

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.