[1.9.x] KSC Harbor (From JNSQ) v1.2 (Mar 25, 2020)

JadeOfMaar

@Space_Coyote I built another harbor mod but haven't released it. I attempted a submarine launch site along with sea level site but for reasons unknown I ran into new weirdness. Things would either spawn underwater or at sea level when I don't want them too, or sometimes (for tall things, as in my attempts to do a Sea Dragon) they would spawn on the KSC rocket pad (silent error/exception). I've turned away from having anything more to do with harbors because of that.

I'm aware of the particular need for an area clear of civilization along a rocket's ascent path IRL, and I've indeed considered using that coastal inlet area north of the KSC for more harbor.

Spoiler

Preview of my new harbor/ north-oriented KSC Expansion. The diagonal roads are STOL ramps.

Honeyview_screenshot290.jpg

@JadeOfMaar Well I can understand maybe that is why i pointed you to that link as there is source code that could work.. Another thing that I bet a lot of folks wouldl probably look at is in fact the dreaded.. 'ICBM Missile Silo" . I can imagine  having test fires of ICBM's from something like this (Though it would be interesting to see someone work on that idea.. I mean Kerbal space program and the mods are so versatile it's amazing these will or will not be incorporated when kSP2 comes out. but since w ewait, it's funny that some folks haven't updated some mods in eon while others have been taken over or improved to keep them up to standard. that's the key thing here. Trying to keep things up to Standars since KSP seems to do an upgrade every 6 months or so.

but I do hope pointing you in the right directions might make the finalized product better.. that's all that matters when it comes to mddding. so keepup the good work

Space_Coyote

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.