KSP Loading preview Rockomax Conglomerate RE-M3 "Mainsail"

St4rdust

1 hour ago, stefsilver said:

idg why we cant be grateful that there still updating this game. with new parts and graphics especially with ksp2 on the horizon

A: We're grateful for just about every update except this.

B: *trying my hardest not to grammar-nitpick every single word*

C: KSP2 is more like "in the foreseeable future". If it was on the horizon, it'd be a month away, but estimates say June is when they're releasing it.

my initial reaction to the revamp was meh. it now looks like a real rocket engine, so that's kind of cool. i'm thinking that maybe a truss version for clustering, so you don't have to rely on the MH dlc to make decent looking heavy lifters. 

10 hours ago, stefsilver said:

idg why we cant be grateful that there still updating this game. with new parts and graphics especially with ksp2 on the horizon

We are grateful that the game is still being updated; however, we are critical of updates that add nothing or detract from the game. There is nothing wrong with that, and honestly, If I was *anyone* working at squad, I'd be proud to be working on a project that people are still so passionate about - even when it means that passion looks on my work with a critical gaze. I would hate to be part of something where a poor quality piece of work was met with utter indifference.

KSP2 has absolutely NOTHING to do with the continued development work on this game - it is certainly no excuse for "meh" artwork being added to the game. "Don't worry captain! The repairs to our cruiser have left a hole in the hull and we're starting to sink... BUT there's a new aircraft carrier being floated in 18 months time!". 

Edited by MR L A

7 hours ago, stefsilver said:

I am very grateful for squad still updating this game after all those years (almost 9 years since I first tried it! :o), So grateful in fact, that I own multiple copies of the game and the DLCs (steam, gog, ksp store).

1 hour ago, MR L A said:

We are grateful that the game is still being updated; however; we are critical of updates that add nothing or detract from the game. There is nothing wrong with that, and honestly, If I was *anyone* working at squad, I'd be proud to be working on a project that people are still so passionate about - even when it means that passion looks on my work with a critical gaze. I would hate to be part of something where a poor quality piece of work was met with utter indifference.

KSP2 has absolutely NOTHING to do with the continued development work on this game - it is certainly no excuse for "meh" artwork being added to the game. "Don't worry captain! The repairs to our cruiser have left a hole in the hull and we're starting to sink... BUT there's a new aircraft carrier being floated in 18 months time!". 

Could not have said it better. Nobody here wants SQUAD to stop updating this amazing game and most of us really appreciate the content they provide (at least most of the time). But here and now some of us provide (hopefully constructive) criticism about a part revamp that we think doesn't stay true to the spirit of the part.

3 hours ago, Aerospike said:

I am very grateful for squad still updating this game after all those years (almost 9 years since I first tried it! :o), So grateful in fact, that I own multiple copies of the game and the DLCs (steam, gog, ksp store).

Could not have said it better. Nobody here wants SQUAD to stop updating this amazing game and most of us really appreciate the content they provide (at least most of the time). But here and now some of us provide (hopefully constructive) criticism about a part revamp that we think doesn't stay true to the spirit of the part.

I respect that

One little modification I feel would be quite neat:

Give those turbopump exhausts 1-axis gimbal for roll control and give them a dimmer, smokier exhaust. There is that element of education, and "why does the Mainsail's secondary exhausts have a different plume from the main exhaust?" could lead to some learning.

I would also like that, but no other engine models the exhaust of the turbopump (only the lvt-30 and 45 seem to have such an exhaust for now)

So I won't fault that, it is at least consistent... At least now something comes out. It could be better, but it's not bad as is

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.