Slow game

Hi Guys,

My game has started running a lot slower then before. I haven't played ksp for a while so can't really say from which version it started. 

I did notice that in orbit it was a lot better but when I'm in the atmosphere or even in space when the periapes drops in the atmosphere, the game just becomes unplayable.

Any advice?

Thx 

Could you provide your Processor , the amount of RAM installed, and the Graphics Card, because a bottleneck may be at fault due to KSP's hardware intensity.
Also which type of game are you running (x32 or x64) because this can affect how much RAM is used and how efficiently it is utilised.

• 1 month later...

At HyperDraco

I7 2600k at 4.5ghz

16gb of ddr3

RX480 AMD

x64

RAM about 12GB used.

@RizzoTheRat Yeah i deleted trajectory mod. It did help.

Currently the game still takes really long to load vessel on the runway of launch pad. After that it speeds up again. Maybe not to what it used to be, but playable .

2 hours ago, Leiden28 said:

Currently the game still takes really long to load vessel on the runway of launch pad. After that it speeds up again. Maybe not to what it used to be, but playable

Not a PC player, but maybe a big part count, I.e. 10000 parts, or maybe a lot of clipped parts? That’s what slows me down, Stormworks has this problem when you are near the islands because the game is having to load in massive part counts, on top of the graphics of the island you are on.

22 hours ago, Leiden28 said:

At HyperDraco

I7 2600k at 4.5ghz

16gb of ddr3

RX480 AMD

x64

RAM about 12GB used.

@RizzoTheRat Yeah i deleted trajectory mod. It did help.

Currently the game still takes really long to load vessel on the runway of launch pad. After that it speeds up again. Maybe not to what it used to be, but playable .

2 things to evaluate.
- memory bandwidth, KSP loves RAM and CPU speed doesn't always correlate with RAM speed (and it's not on the package, it's what's actually used).
- Unity has a very strange habit of checking all available and possible disks/networks/clouds.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.