KSC Archives: Journey to the stars

MacLuky

96. The secrets of the ancients

screenshot16-7.jpg?w=329&h=329&crop=1&zo

In which the ride of Tut-un-Jeb-Ahn comes alive

On 4/12/2020 at 10:55 PM, Angel-125 said:

Poor little rover will be missed. :(

My kids cried and made me promise to create a rescue mission ;-)

15 hours ago, Kerballing (Got Dunked On) said:

So the 'M' got flipped on accident... clever!

Accidents happen when Kerbals are involved (and I couldn't think of an abbreviation with the letter W ;)

13 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Somebody hasn't set up the stock props yet... ;)

But now I get the opportunity to give Jeb a genetic marker as a descendent of the ancients ;-) its the kerbal way

I'm on 1.8.1 and no problems at all. I discovered perpetual energy when berthing a module, the arm is strong enough to keep the modules apart, yet the docking ports exert a force. Other than that, the COM makes it hard to fly it to space, so I rescaled it and stuck it in a KIS container. Great part, bit tedious when I am on laptop.

7 hours ago, MacLuky said:

I'm on 1.8.1 and no problems at all. I discovered perpetual energy when berthing a module, the arm is strong enough to keep the modules apart, yet the docking ports exert a force. Other than that, the COM makes it hard to fly it to space, so I rescaled it and stuck it in a KIS container. Great part, bit tedious when I am on laptop.

I'll have to fix that and move the COM to the center of the stretched out arm...

I think what would be preferred is to calculate the com based on the angles of the beams, so that when folded the com is where it should be and stretched too. But no worries, it’s a game

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.