KSC Archives: Journey to the stars

MacLuky

2 minutes ago, MacLuky said:

I think what would be preferred is to calculate the com based on the angles of the beams, so that when folded the com is where it should be and stretched too. But no worries, it’s a game

Unfortunately that’s a bit more involved. An alternative is my More Servos mod which uses Breaking Ground robotics. BG robotics joints are wet noodles and you need to reduce the movement speeds down to minimum as well as lock the joints in order to get a more stable arm. But it does adequately settle the issue with CoM..

I tried, but Explorer 08 didn't have the delta-v to get into orbit, so a flyby at best. As I understood you need to be orbit for this to work. KSC will just need to increase their efforts ...

21 hours ago, Space Nerd said:

I think the link is broken, could you fix it?

Thanks, I think I messed somthing up: https://kscarchives.wordpress.com/2020/05/02/popsicles-and-duna-riders/

13 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Nice to see the Flapjack getting good use. :) I'm as eager as Jeb to see what's in store next. It looks like the KSC Alien Technology department is making good progress!

Indeed they are, now they just need to get a proper engine running.

108. The Gravitic Engine

screenshot13-1.jpg?w=2800&h=&crop=1

And this time I actually checked the link ;-) thanks for that pointer

14 hours ago, Kerballing (Got Dunked On) said:

The Manley and the Linux, huh? Do I detect REFERENCES?

Yes, once they started landing on the Mun I switched to honouring those that had an influence on my KSP experience. Let's see if you can spot all of them ;-)

Anyway, here is chapter 112. Arrival at Duna 

On 5/9/2020 at 2:29 AM, Angel-125 said:

Totally love the blueprints.

Thanks, they take quite some time to make, but it allows me to explain a bit more of my thinking. Still puzzling how and when I can bring the Excalibur in the story, but I'll think of something. 

And I need something in the middle, but there is a prototype on my drive for that......

9 hours ago, MacLuky said:

Yes, once they started landing on the Mun I switched to honouring those that had an influence on my KSP experience. Let's see if you can spot all of them ;-)

Anyway, here is chapter 112. Arrival at Duna 

Thanks, they take quite some time to make, but it allows me to explain a bit more of my thinking. Still puzzling how and when I can bring the Excalibur in the story, but I'll think of something. 

And I need something in the middle, but there is a prototype on my drive for that......

Well, Excalibur needs a lot more work before she's ready for prime time. Once I get the Mk-33 done though...

55 minutes ago, MacLuky said:

I saw the repo, but not the thread. Looking forward to that one. Where can I see some wip pictures?

I currently don't have a thread while I build up the part set. I generally post in What Did You Do In KSP Today. But here are a couple, these are the very latest:

cWCASHA.png

EfwWhya.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.