Worlds First Sun Fly-by (and Orbit)

Does anyone know the triggers (how to get the contract to show up) for Worlds First Sun fly-by and orbit? I'm currently doing a Worlds First-only contracts run, and I've cleared the Mun and Minmus, and my next one is Eve. But I want to clear the Sun contracts first, since getting to Eve would fulfill a Sun fly-by/orbit. I can reload before completing my last Minmus contract, since I know the game only gives 1 Worlds First contract at a time.

3 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

I do know I usually achieve sun orbit well before I do it intentionally, because most any spent stage dropped on the way to Mun will be thrown into interplanetary space and therefore a Sun orbit.

Booooo. Aim straight for the Mun when staging off a spent stage, you litterer. (SCNR! ;))

To have some on topic alibi text: I also don't recall ever having been offered a contract for a sun flyby or orbit by the Kerbin World-Firsts Record-Keeping Society.

Edited by AHHans

11 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

I'm not 100% sure I've ever been offered one for Sun.

I do know I usually achieve sun orbit well before I do it intentionally, because most any spent stage dropped on the way to Mun will be thrown into interplanetary space and therefore a Sun orbit.

8 hours ago, AHHans said:

Booooo. Aim straight for the Mun when staging off a spent stage, you litterer. (SCNR! ;))

To have some on topic alibi text: I also don't recall ever having been offered a contract for a sun flyby or orbit by the Kerbin World-Firsts Record-Keeping Society.

5thHorseman, AHHans:

My memories are fuzzy on this, too. I just started playing again after a long hiatus. I don't know if I'm misremembering the milestone as a full-on flyby contract.

6 hours ago, bewing said:

To do a Sun flyby, all you are supposed to need to do is leave Kerbin's SOI and then reenter it.

Thanks. I can do a Sun fly-by. I just want to know if there's an associated Worlds First contract to doing it, like the "Explore the Mun" contracts.

There is, but there are literally hundreds of World Firsts contracts beyond Kerbin's SOI, you can only have one at a time in your Mission Control contracts list, and the World Firsts contracts that you actually get are randomized.

On 1/12/2020 at 1:03 PM, Curveball Anders said:

There is.

On 1/12/2020 at 9:19 PM, bewing said:

There is, but there are literally hundreds of World Firsts contracts beyond Kerbin's SOI, you can only have one at a time in your Mission Control contracts list, and the World Firsts contracts that you actually get are randomized.

Curveball Anders, bewing:

Thanks. Just wanted to confirm that there are contracts for the Sun, since I remember seeing them in an old run, but haven't seen them in my recent play through.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.