[1.8.x-1.9.x] Kronal Vessel Viewer (KVV) 0.1.1 "A Mod Of A Different Color" (02020 Mar 14)

Kerbas_ad_astra

On 8/9/2020 at 6:15 PM, Latios said:

This mod is perfect , but I noticed that some parts of air intake and jet engines is "transparent" .I have installed all the dependencies, and other functions of the mod is working perfectly, any solutions?(I'm new to the forum and I don't know how to insert pictures ,can anyone help?)

restock is unsupported

• 3 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Soyuzturtle said:

I don't have a clue what this means and what i'm supposed to do

The message means that your installation of Kronal Vessel Viewer includes an additional subdirectory "KVV".
Move the KronalVesselViewer folder from GameData/KVV to GameData/

Edited by HansAcker

• 2 weeks later...

Hello his  majesty  @linuxgurugamer One question or maybe bug: I got this during flight
"NullReferenceException
    KronalUtils.KVrVesselShot.CalcShipBounds () (at <8b98d01f9efa41b0bb26a9dc6b11f14a>:0)
    KronalUtils.KVrVesselShot.UpdateShipBounds () (at <8b98d01f9efa41b0bb26a9dc6b11f14a>:0)
    KronalUtils.KVrVesselShot.PartModified (GameEvents+HostTargetAction`2[A,B] data) (at <8b98d01f9efa41b0bb26a9dc6b11f14a>:0)
    EventData`1[T].Fire (T data) (at <948fceea813942b7ac6b6d1b2dc2d0a3>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    EventData`1:Fire(HostTargetAction`2)
    Part:setParent(Part)
    ShipConstruct:LoadShip(ConfigNode, UInt32, Boolean, String&)
    ShipConstruct:LoadShip(ConfigNode, UInt32)
    ShipConstruct:LoadShip(ConfigNode)
    ShipConstruction:RestoreBackup(Int32)
    EditorLogic:RestoreState(Int32)
    EditorLogic:UndoRedoInputUpdate()
    KerbalFSM:UpdateFSM()
    EditorLogic:Update()"
using KSP 1.10.1 On Linux.
I think that it's because I;m using mod "Kerbal Krash System" So it,s possiible that one of debris collide with ground and caused  some part recalculation however i don;t know why KVV tries to calculate something during flight scene.. Have a nice day and thank you for whole your hard work..

Edited by roxik0

8 hours ago, roxik0 said:

Hello her majesty  @linuxgurugamer One question or maybe bug: I got this during flight
"NullReferenceException
    KronalUtils.KVrVesselShot.CalcShipBounds () (at <8b98d01f9efa41b0bb26a9dc6b11f14a>:0)
    KronalUtils.KVrVesselShot.UpdateShipBounds () (at <8b98d01f9efa41b0bb26a9dc6b11f14a>:0)
    KronalUtils.KVrVesselShot.PartModified (GameEvents+HostTargetAction`2[A,B] data) (at <8b98d01f9efa41b0bb26a9dc6b11f14a>:0)
    EventData`1[T].Fire (T data) (at <948fceea813942b7ac6b6d1b2dc2d0a3>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    EventData`1:Fire(HostTargetAction`2)
    Part:setParent(Part)
    ShipConstruct:LoadShip(ConfigNode, UInt32, Boolean, String&)
    ShipConstruct:LoadShip(ConfigNode, UInt32)
    ShipConstruct:LoadShip(ConfigNode)
    ShipConstruction:RestoreBackup(Int32)
    EditorLogic:RestoreState(Int32)
    EditorLogic:UndoRedoInputUpdate()
    KerbalFSM:UpdateFSM()
    EditorLogic:Update()"
using KSP 1.10.1 On Linux.
I think that it's because I;m using mod "Kerbal Krash System" So it,s possiible that one of debris collide with ground and caused  some part recalculation however i don;t know why KVV tries to calculate something during flight scene.. Have a nice day and thank you for whole your hard work..

Not me, you want @Kerbas_ad_astra

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Have to switch off Colors and FXAA to get anything to appear, otherwise it's just pink where the vessel should appear.  I also can't rotate or change views (aside from Orthographic on/off)

Is there an updated version I missed?  Or are we waiting on an update? I've been away from KSP for awhile...

NM, somehow I was using a SUPER old version.

Edited by tg626
Can't delete it... :(

• 1 month later...
On 5/10/2020 at 2:28 AM, Miruzuki said:

Hey guys, is here any possibility to do presice rotation? Rotate 45/90/180 degrees, or type the exact value? Using arrow buttons is really inconvenient, because you never do it accurately.

Hi Guy.
Up this thread. I'd like to have precise rotation too ! Is it possible?

Regards

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/25/2021 at 6:47 PM, Uohcnam said:

Hi Guy.
Up this thread. I'd like to have precise rotation too ! Is it possible?

Regards

I took a look at the source for rotation, and unfortunately it's a non-trivial change to have precise angles.

12 hours ago, Tivec said:

I took a look at the source for rotation, and unfortunately it's a non-trivial change to have precise angles.

thanks for the check. Maybe we're coming at this the wrong way. is it possible for the camera to allow the vehicle to rotate? I haven't messed with KSP for a while now but I recall changing the vessel orientation would only change the lighting in the KVV window

5 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

thanks for the check. Maybe we're coming at this the wrong way. is it possible for the camera to allow the vehicle to rotate? I haven't messed with KSP for a while now but I recall changing the vessel orientation would only change the lighting in the KVV window

As far as I understand, KVV works on a camera that is "locked" to an angle rotation around the vessels forward vector, so if you turn the vessel the vector moves the camera around. To make this work with snapping rotation or similar, the camera would need to be separated from the vessel completely. I will fork the code and give it a look, but no promises.

8 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

cool, but don't worry if it's not workable. Getting the rotation with KVV controls to place the vessel at 90° offsets isn't impossible, it's just hard to do

It already turns the view by 1 degree, it could simply be changed to a divisor of 90 (like 22.5), maybe on separate buttons.

Hello, fellow kerbonauts.

I'm in a strange situation:

I'm used to make some blueprints from KVV, but, dunno how, in my latest attempt (after a while not using it), suddenly this yellow scale appeared on top of my plane, once I turne KVV on:

screenshot13.png

Does anyone know how to disable it???

19 hours ago, Araym said:

I thought it was from RCS Build Aid but looking at the toolbar at the bottom it doesn't seem active at the moment. HRMMM been several months since I played KSP and I can't recall other than that. I know it is another mod and I know it can be disabled with that mod still installed

On 10/26/2021 at 3:28 AM, Araym said:

Hello, fellow kerbonauts.

I'm in a strange situation:

I'm used to make some blueprints from KVV, but, dunno how, in my latest attempt (after a while not using it), suddenly this yellow scale appeared on top of my plane, once I turne KVV on:

23 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

I thought it was from RCS Build Aid but looking at the toolbar at the bottom it doesn't seem active at the moment. HRMMM been several months since I played KSP and I can't recall other than that. I know it is another mod and I know it can be disabled with that mod still installed

I remember getting that myself, and I think it is related to RCSBA.  It might be disabled by pressing the number '5' or '6', but likewise, it's been a long time.

Updating this mod for KSP 1.12 is on my todo list, including looking at step rotations, but things have been busy lately, and diving into the code is as much a learning experience for me as it is for any of you...

On 10/27/2021 at 4:52 AM, Drew Kerman said:

7 hours ago, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

I remember getting that myself, and I think it is related to RCSBA.  It might be disabled by pressing the number '5' or '6', but likewise, it's been a long time.

Updating this mod for KSP 1.12 is on my todo list, including looking at step rotations, but things have been busy lately, and diving into the code is as much a learning experience for me as it is for any of you...

Indeed was something related to an external mod, probably a glitch, because after a few tries (clicking on various other icons, exit/entering the vab, etc etc, but with no really a clue), KVV reverted itself to normal.
After your advice, I'll keep an eye on RCSBA, in case it will appear again!

Thanks for your help :grin:

9 hours ago, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

Updating this mod for KSP 1.12 is on my todo list, including looking at step rotations

So glad to hear it, and...

9 hours ago, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

diving into the code is as much a learning experience for me as it is for any of you

... yes, I can imagine. I hate coming back to projects after they've been resting.  "Was I drunk when I did that?"

So, an idea for the rotational system is to not use direct rotations by single degrees as the button is held, but instead grab the transform you use and modify the quaternion via eulerAngles (https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Quaternion-eulerAngles.html). You can still have repeating buttons and 1 degree on the normal arrows, but you can also directly set snap angles quite easily that way. I'd personally suggest 22.5 degree steps, gives the most flexibility for snapped shots :)

Loving the mod though, and it works great for me on 1.12, though I understand others have problems with certain parts.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.