[1..x, 1.9.x, 1.10.x] Kerbal Research & Development

linuxgurugamer

I'm loving this mod! A question though: is there any way to make it so that add-ons (like Better Burn Time) and the in-game maneuver time-to-burn calculator use my improved engines' parameters? I've noticed, in both cases, that the calculations seem to be using the old/stock performance values.

Love it!

Who's ass do i have to kiss to make this mod work with tweakscale?

Would a crowdfunding campaign help? I'm willign to throw 200$ for this....... Anybody else?

I find the game sooo boring once you unlock the tech tree..... I have no reason to go places anv visit stuff.....

Edited by Nicky21

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2022 at 1:59 PM, Nicky21 said:

Who's ass do i have to kiss to make this mod work with tweakscale?

You'll need to kick your own ass and learn modding ;) I wish it was an easy fix but I trust LGG when he says it's not an easy fix.

In theory, KR&D is the best late-game mod because it extends the tech tree forever with small incremental upgrades. In practice, I rarely use KR&D because it doesn't play well with the B9PartSwitch dependency of Near Future, BDB, and similarly great mods.

On 10/18/2022 at 11:43 AM, DeadJohn said:

In theory, KR&D is the best late-game mod because it extends the tech tree forever with small incremental upgrades. In practice, I rarely use KR&D because it doesn't play well with the B9PartSwitch dependency of Near Future, BDB, and similarly great mods.

Just experienced this myself :(. I am now the sadz.

Hello! I'm having a bit of an issue. I definitely expect it to be because I'm using way too many mods, but I was wondering if anyone had experienced this (and/or knew a work-around). I've got a imgur thing with a bunch of pictures I took.

https://imgur.com/a/ecrix4N

I upgraded the temperature tolerance of a few parts, only for neither to work. In the VAB, the airbrake shows that the max temperature (in the main info box) is 4800K, but the side/expanded info box shows it's only 1200K/2400K. In flight, it exploded at 1200K.

With the waffle-fins, the upgrades don't seem to carry over after leaving the VAB? I distinctly remember upgrading their temperature tolerance only for it to remain at 1600K both in the VAB & in-flight.

Any ideas how I can fix or work around this? :p

3 hours ago, Bizobinator said:

Hello! I'm having a bit of an issue. I definitely expect it to be because I'm using way too many mods, but I was wondering if anyone had experienced this (and/or knew a work-around). I've got a imgur thing with a bunch of pictures I took.

https://imgur.com/a/ecrix4N

I upgraded the temperature tolerance of a few parts, only for neither to work. In the VAB, the airbrake shows that the max temperature (in the main info box) is 4800K, but the side/expanded info box shows it's only 1200K/2400K. In flight, it exploded at 1200K.

With the waffle-fins, the upgrades don't seem to carry over after leaving the VAB? I distinctly remember upgrading their temperature tolerance only for it to remain at 1600K both in the VAB & in-flight.

Any ideas how I can fix or work around this? :p

Would definitely need more detail, but most likely is an incompatibility between this mod and other mods you have installed.  If you have any other mod which changes part starts, such has fuel switches, etc, any parts those touch are incompatible with this

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/12/2021 at 1:01 PM, Spoonifer said:

Deeeeyaammm! Caught between the jaws of my two favourite modders, Linuxgurugamer and RoverDude. I think Firespitter is the only installed mod which is preventing the R&D window from showing anything and I need Firespitter to run USI Kolonisation and Life Support mods.

...R&D is awesome though....

;.;

So delighted that this mod now works with everything, it's my most missed mod...