Maybe something like KAS or KIS

5 hours ago, Master39 said:

There are containers also on the Jool colony ship, and no lander, habitat or anything useful at all attached to the ship.

I'm guessing that you mean this ship?

C8FocT0.jpg

At the front there looks to be a couple ssto's. They won't be able to drop the necessary equipment to start a surface colony. They could collect and ferry raw materials to colony ship that may have the orbital colony base hidden somewhere on it. From there, it can produce a surface colony base and needed drop craft to establish a surface colony.

To the questionat hand, it's plausible that something akin to kis/kas would be stock. It seems plausible that ksp2 would have stock resource switching too. It's also plausible that there would be something akin to simple resource sharing.

There's just not enough info at this time to make a determination of what features will be included in ksp2. But honestly, that's not a bad guess, it seems reasonable.

I definitely had the thought while watching the trailer that those were some sort of generic resource containers.  (Note they are also on the lander at the end.)  They could just be for non-fuel resources to build things using the off-Kerbin build facilities, but something KIS/KAS like would be possible as well.  (Honestly, I really hope something along those lines is in the game: very little feels more Kerbal to me than cobbling together some ship out of parts of a couple crashes so you can complete your mission - or at least get home.)

7 hours ago, DStaal said:

I definitely had the thought while watching the trailer that those were some sort of generic resource containers.  (Note they are also on the lander at the end.)  They could just be for non-fuel resources to build things using the off-Kerbin build facilities, but something KIS/KAS like would be possible as well.  (Honestly, I really hope something along those lines is in the game: very little feels more Kerbal to me than cobbling together some ship out of parts of a couple crashes so you can complete your mission - or at least get home.)

with the need to transfer materials and fuel across ships from colonies it would be handy to have a KAS like system rather than using docking ports each time.

14 minutes ago, SpaceFace545 said:

with the need to transfer materials and fuel across ships from colonies it would be handy to have a KAS like system rather than using docking ports each time.

I'm thinking something that is connectionless. Something along the lines of simple resources, pathfinder, mks. All have the ability to transfer resources without a direct connection. A lot more convenient for surface bases.