SpaceFace545

Maybe something like KAS or KIS

Recommended Posts

I was rewatching the trailer and I noticed the orion drive ship's cargo pods were the same as the cargo pods on the duna rover. Maybe you can move these containers and attach them to your craft outside of the game, and also a purpose for moving cargo.

https://imgur.com/W0tODZpW0tODZp.png

rgVh4gY.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are containers also on the Jool colony ship, and no lander, habitat or anything useful at all attached to the ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Master39 said:

There are containers also on the Jool colony ship, and no lander, habitat or anything useful at all attached to the ship.

I'm guessing that you mean this ship?

C8FocT0.jpg

At the front there looks to be a couple ssto's. They won't be able to drop the necessary equipment to start a surface colony. They could collect and ferry raw materials to colony ship that may have the orbital colony base hidden somewhere on it. From there, it can produce a surface colony base and needed drop craft to establish a surface colony.

To the questionat hand, it's plausible that something akin to kis/kas would be stock. It seems plausible that ksp2 would have stock resource switching too. It's also plausible that there would be something akin to simple resource sharing.

There's just not enough info at this time to make a determination of what features will be included in ksp2. But honestly, that's not a bad guess, it seems reasonable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I definitely had the thought while watching the trailer that those were some sort of generic resource containers.  (Note they are also on the lander at the end.)  They could just be for non-fuel resources to build things using the off-Kerbin build facilities, but something KIS/KAS like would be possible as well.  (Honestly, I really hope something along those lines is in the game: very little feels more Kerbal to me than cobbling together some ship out of parts of a couple crashes so you can complete your mission - or at least get home.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DStaal said:

I definitely had the thought while watching the trailer that those were some sort of generic resource containers.  (Note they are also on the lander at the end.)  They could just be for non-fuel resources to build things using the off-Kerbin build facilities, but something KIS/KAS like would be possible as well.  (Honestly, I really hope something along those lines is in the game: very little feels more Kerbal to me than cobbling together some ship out of parts of a couple crashes so you can complete your mission - or at least get home.)

with the need to transfer materials and fuel across ships from colonies it would be handy to have a KAS like system rather than using docking ports each time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SpaceFace545 said:

with the need to transfer materials and fuel across ships from colonies it would be handy to have a KAS like system rather than using docking ports each time.

I'm thinking something that is connectionless. Something along the lines of simple resources, pathfinder, mks. All have the ability to transfer resources without a direct connection. A lot more convenient for surface bases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The lander that starts the ice world base at very end has 4 of the same pods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.