Should there be a thread of the decade?

Lithobrake

On 1/5/2020 at 4:21 AM, RealKerbal3x said:

That would be difficult to choose...you'd have to go through every thread ever posted on the forum :P

Actually, no. You'd choose them from the threads of the month.  A lot, but not insurmountable.

Otherwise, make it a thread, ask for nominations and then have a vote off. 

Actually, i just had an idea. Watch the challenge space. :cool:

On 1/4/2020 at 4:05 PM, Lithobrake said:

But speaking of the new decade, is there a thread of the decade? 

Guess that would have to be the What did you do in KSP today? thread which reached a milestone twice after a forum update removed it from its glorious position - but the community wouldn't let that happen.

On 1/4/2020 at 9:21 AM, RealKerbal3x said:

That would be difficult to choose...you'd have to go through every thread ever posted on the forum :P

Would probably have to be @Just Jim’s famous Emilio Station Saga!! By far the best story I’ve read thus far. As for what you said, no, just the TOTY winners.

@ManEatingApe, congrats bro, well earned and highly deserved!!

The thread of the year discussion was getting off-topic, so this discussion has been moved to its own thread. 

As long as the subject has come up, we have no plans for a thread of the decade. For one thing, KSP has not been around for a decade yet. 

"What did you do in KSP today?" would have to be it. The high's the lows, the great pics, as well as it being the jumping of point to so many other theads, when people are looking for help or have news to tell.

It's the lobby, lounge bar and restaurant of the forum, hard to see that a thread of the decade could be anything else.

I personally would nominate either:
- Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey for being such an awesomely made story with a kraken-damned cliffhanger (and also it might lure back Kuzzter)

- TSoES for being a sweepingly crazy story, and for having kerbals sing 70's songs

- FSP for services to keeping ancient mods alive

But I also agree with WDYDIKSPT.

16 hours ago, fulgur said:

I personally would nominate either:
- Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey for being such an awesomely made story with a kraken-damned cliffhanger (and also it might lure back Kuzzter)

- TSoES for being a sweepingly crazy story, and for having kerbals sing 70's songs

- FSP for services to keeping ancient mods alive

But I also agree with WDYDIKSPT.

Gesundheit on that last one.

But I completely agree with these four, pluuuuuuuuuuuuus WE WANNA KNOW THE ENDING TO KERBFLEET

On 1/18/2020 at 3:47 AM, Klapaucius said:

Do you have a link for this? I was not able to find it using the search.

Bro, it’s Emiko Station Saga, even if you just joined, you should have read it. @Gargamel, can we make a reading list that all newbies have to read? @Just Jim, you need the recognition, hundred percent. @Vanamonde, but we have entered a new decade, TOTD is a must have.

On 1/18/2020 at 4:54 AM, Just Jim said:

Enjoy!  :D

I am going to re-re-re read the Saga, cause I love it!,

1 hour ago, 5thHorseman said:

Not until 2100

Figured we might as well open it up to all threads too.  Throughout all ages of man...  errr... um people...  people-kind?   no...   Hominid-ium?  

I'd tend to agree with the 'no' side here. The fact that the game hasn't been out ten years yet plus the diversity of the community's opinions make it just silly. Plus, I still don't really agree with singling out stuff for TOTY: it's fine I guess, but choosing one thread from a massive catalogue seems like a subjective task. 

Honestly, I would say the "What did you do today" should win the thread of the decade. 
It's been running for what, 7 years? and has inspired a LOT of kerbanauts over the years, yours truly included... (Yes I was a total newb that failed at stating way back then... was driving me nuts as well).

Even today I still look at certain things posted on there and I go... Wait a minute... This can be done?  I have to try it!
It's a thread which has touched every one, and is the most deserving imho (Let KSP2 be it's own thing... which it will need to be born first !)

Edited by Francois424

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.