[1.12.4] SimpleLogistics! (SLOG) v2.0.6.0 - `<Supply & Demand>` [29 Dec 2022]

zer0Kerbal

@RealGecko has graciously (officially) granted permission (see original thread).

Roadmap/Wish list (PR's always welcome!)

• continue training to speak more languages
  • being able to 'deposit' specific resources (up to network containment max) from unplugged vessels (thanks @RealGecko)
  • being able to 'lock' specific resources in specific vessels.
  • vessel priorities (from -20 to 20; higher number > the priority)
    • this would allow for nearly automated refueling/mining operations - just set the warehouse to -10; the mining/refining to -15 and since default priority would be 0, it would automatically flow uphill - autorefuel. This would add some complexity, but would greatly improve logistics.
  • reserves: ability to optionally set global reserve amount; stretch: per resource/per vessel (store in save file)
  • as commented in Kottabos video thread:
    • add game settings/difficulty setting (easy-peasy) (options):
      • situations (all, pre-launch, splashed, landed)
      • m/s movement (beyond body) limitations (optional)
      • ranges - concerned about performance hit
      • stretch: pull in code from cleverbobcat resources for visible AoE
      • possibly add EC consumption for use/transfer (opt)
      • possibly add in transfer rates
      • possibly add in transfer efficiency (losses due to distance etc)
  • well beyond my current abilities
    • update UI to new Unity.UI
    • add 'network administration' UI - shows 40,000m birdseye overview of entire network - drill down per vessel or by resource. Think Haystack, but for LogisticsNetworks.
Edited by zer0Kerbal

excuse me if this was asked before but here are three questions I have in mind :

1- what will happen if I have this mod side by side mks?

2- is there an option for planetary logistics to send resources from ground to orbit?

3- is there a chance that we get a separate version with background working option ?

11 hours ago, Jiraiyah said:

1- what will happen if I have this mod side by side mks?

2- is there an option for planetary logistics to send resources from ground to orbit?

3- is there a chance that we get a separate version with background working option ?

first, thank you for the questions. I will attempt to answer:

1. TL;DR: don't actually know.
    The Long Answer: don't have mks installed, but at first glance - nothing unless you attempt to use both at once - and this is just a guess. Then I suspect they will both work fine... to a point. Sounds like you might have MKS installed, mind creating a test save and trying it out?
  2. not yet, and two points: will be offering an option to allow SL to work in any situation (landed, splashed, suborbital, etc) - but still is limited to physics range limit (2.4km, unless you have that mod that allows you to extend that). So Soon, if it means 2.4km orbit/range from the landed base...
  3. Possible. Am working on BackgroundResouces/Processing for On Demand Fuel Cells (ODFC) in the background of RL; and if I get that working - then I can/will move it over to SL.

Version 2.0.3.0.4 for Kerbal Space Program 1.8.1

Released on 2020-01-30

SimpleLogistics version 2.0.3.0.4KSP 1.8.xCKAN listedSoftware License GPLv3NonSoftware License CC 4.0 BY-NC-SA

Version 2.0.3.0.4 - Подключен? - Conectado? - Ansluten? - Tilkoblet?

• SimpleLogistics now speaks ten languages (Ch-De-En-Es-Fr-Jp-Ru-Pt-Sw-No)
  • Аппарат должен быть приземлён чтобы использовать Logistics
  • Added localization for Russian (ru.cfg) (thank you @malanok1)
  • Logística disponível apenas quando em pouso
  • Added localization for Brazilian Portuguese (pt-br.cfg) (thank you @lisias)
  • Måste landas för att använda logistik
  • Added localization for Swedish (sw-sw.cfg) (translate.google.com)
  • Må landes for å bruke logistikk
  • Added localization for Norwegian (no-no.cfg) (translate.google.com)

Kerbal Space Program 1.8.1
    Unity 2019.2.2f1
    .NET Framework 4.8

24 minutes ago, zer0Kerbal said:

Version 2.0.3.0.4 for Kerbal Space Program 1.8.1

Released on 2020-01-30

SimpleLogistics version 2.0.3.0.4KSP 1.8.xCKAN listedSoftware License GPLv3NonSoftware License CC 4.0 BY-NC-SA

Version 2.0.3.0.4 - Подключен? - Conectado? - Ansluten? - Tilkoblet?

• SimpleLogistics now speaks ten languages (Ch-De-En-Es-Fr-Jp-Ru-Pt-Sw-No)
  • Аппарат должен быть приземлён чтобы использовать Logistics
  • Added localization for Russian (ru.cfg) (thank you @malanok1)
  • Logística disponível apenas quando em pouso
  • Added localization for Brazilian Portuguese (pt-br.cfg) (thank you @lisias)
  • Måste landas för att använda logistik
  • Added localization for Swedish (sw-sw.cfg) (translate.google.com)
  • Må landes for å bruke logistikk
  • Added localization for Norwegian (no-no.cfg) (translate.google.com)

Unity 2019.2.2f1
    .NET Framework 4.8

Off topic, how do you handle language files?  I had see mane MM patches that contain Un-readable text that is referring to internal ksp tags but can't find any good reference for all those tags real

23 minutes ago, Jiraiyah said:

Off topic, how do you handle language files?  I had see mane MM patches that contain Un-readable text that is referring to internal ksp tags but can't find any good reference for all those tags real

not really MM patches, rather localization file. Look under GameData\Squad\Localization - that is the master file.

@tinygrox actually did the code update and provided the en-us.cfg and the zn-cn.cfg. @tinygrox has done this with several other mods, and when I am ready I will ask @tinygrox to do my other mods. :D

related posts:

Translating to your language by @HebruSan (thank you) :link GPLv3

personally, I think the hardest part is finding the localization codes (what is Hawaiian? Dutch? Nederland? and so many more.)

Edited by zer0Kerbal

2 hours ago, TK421 said:

I just installed this mod via ckan (so yes the dependencies are installed too) and don't have the icon showing up on my toolbar. It doesn't show up in the toolbarcontroller interface either. Any ideas?

well - more information would be helpful.

what version of KSP? which version of SL?

SL only supports KSP 1.8.1 and 2.0.3.0.4 is the latest release for SL.

The toolbar button will only show up in flight and with a vessel that has a command module with SL on it.

Edited by zer0Kerbal

12 hours ago, TK421 said:

I just installed this mod via ckan (so yes the dependencies are installed too) and don't have the icon showing up on my toolbar. It doesn't show up in the toolbarcontroller interface either. Any ideas?

Ditto.
This is with KSP 1.8.1(.2694); LinuxPlayer x64-bit, both DLCs
I will try a github install later.
It is now later, github Version 2.0.3.0.4 worked; The SimLogistics button was listed in the Blizzy-toolbar option and functioned properly.
However, it doesn't show in the ToolbarController menu or the Stock toolbar.
I can upload a log-file if you want, but I always end up uploading the 'wrong one' somehow, and imhe, never actually helps to troubleshoot an issue. Can you provide a String to find in the .log so I can check for schenanigans before uploading the wall-o-text?

Edited by The-Grim-Sleeper

First note: toolbarcontroller / clickthroughblocker aren't required until version 2.0.3.1; which hasn't been released yet. 2.0.3.1 is undergoing last polish.

Second note: looking into above.

Third note: I installed 2.0.3.4 from CKAN and it showed up on the Blizzy Toolbar (for lack of better name) - and not on stock. So, is something with the code - and is being addressed in 2.0.3.1.

On 1/30/2020 at 7:20 AM, TK421 said:

On 1/30/2020 at 7:19 PM, The-Grim-Sleeper said:

Ditto.
This is with KSP 1.8.1(.2694); LinuxPlayer x64-bit, both DLCs

should be corrected (I forgot to #include RegisterToolbar.cs in the project).

2.0.3.1 is almost ready - just have to track down why the popup GUI is red....

it now works with and without Blizzy's installed. ToolbarController and ClickThroughBlocker are now required.

SL-20-3-1c.png

Edited by zer0Kerbal

Version 2.0.3.1 for Kerbal Space Program 1.8.1

Released on 2020-02-02

SimpleLogistics version 2.0.3.1KSP 1.8.xCKAN listedSoftware License GPLv3NonSoftware License CC 4.0 BY-NC-SA

Version 2.0.3.1 - the LGG update - 연결 되었습니까? Collegato?

• SimpleLogistics is a polyglot! Twelve languages (Ch-De-En-Es-Fr-It-Jp-Ko-Ru-Pt-Sw-No)
  • updated toolbars and icons
  • Toolbarcontroller and Clickthroughblocker are now dependencies
  • Now supports Toolbar (Blizzy's) (optional)
  • Restored all PNG textures because the code was loading files with the png name (thank you linuxgurugamer)
  • updated palette.cs from png -> dds (thank you linuxgurugamer)
  • Restored all PNG textures because the the GUI was pink. SOMEBODY went to town a little hard....
  • updated palette.cs from dds -> png
  • Added ClickThroughBlocker code (thank you linuxgurugamer)
  • Added ToolbarController code (thank you linuxgurugamer)
  • Commented out all stock toolbar code (thank you linuxgurugamer)
  • Commented out all Blizzy toolbar code (thank you linuxgurugamer)
  • Commented out entire ToolbarWrapper.cs file (thank you linuxgurugamer)
  • 물류를 사용하려면 상륙해야합니다
  • Added localization for Korean (ko.cfg) (translate.google.com)
  • Deve essere atterrato per utilizzare la logistica
  • Added localization for Italian (it-it.cfg) (translate.google.com)
  • started adding in game settings page. Currently it does nothing. Bill is wondering why.

Unity 2019.2.2f1
    .NET Framework 4.8

Probable Simple Logistics bug. I'm on KSP 1.8.1, with latest Simple Logistics. Several other mods, though it would be slightly awkward for me to reconstruct the exact list because one thing I did along the way of trying to get rid of the error was to wipe my KSP install and reinstall a fresh copy. (Didn't help). Took me quite a while to pin the likely blame on Simple Logistics as no obvious symptoms pointed directly to it. I tried getting rid of several other mods first to no avail. But after getting rid of Simple Logistics, it seems to have gone away. That's not much proof, I grant because it was intermittent and not readily reproducible. But I was getting it pretty often and now haven't seen it since then, with that being the one relevant change. Ok. Enough of the blathering.

Symptom is crash to desktop with Unity complaining about an error. Always (or at least almost always - I won't swear to 100%) after I have just done a change of scene, most often to KSP center. The log file (gee I hate pawing through all the spurious fecal material in that file) seems to have a gripe about an invalid address (as though there's a dangling pointer to something that got garbage collected???). Darned if the log file tells me anything more useful. A few times it looked to be griping about something in cameramanager or something of that sort, but google didn't find anything useful from that hint. And that wasn't consistent anyway. Sorry I can't give steps to reproduce other than if I played a while, it would tend to happen on some scene switch. Links to playerlog and errorlog below in case they tell you anything more interesting than they tell me.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6khd5x27fsornun/Player.log?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tksfapejb47jo9b/error.log?dl=0

Sorry that there's so much extra in the log file because it came after playing a while instead of just jumping into a straightforward demo of the bug. I hate this sort of bug report because I have a pretty good idea of how useful the information I have is (namely, not very). :-(

Back in my working days at NASA, I used to pride myself in good bug reports on things like compiler bugs. And my good bug reports tended to make for great response from vendors, sometimes later developing into personal friendships. They would see my name on a bug report and jump right on it because they could be pretty certain that 1) It was in fact a bug instead of a user error or misunderstanding, and 2) I had gone to the work of making a short, easy to reproduce, illustration of the bug. Alas, I know this one is nowhere near up to those standards. :-(

@rmaine

+1 :rep:

The log I am looking for is located in the game folder itself - KSPInstalDirectory/KSP.log.

I was just informed of another KSP bug that crashes to desktop that came into the game itself recently.

I should have been more specific. Kindly provide the logs below (KSP.log, Logs\*, and ModuleManager.ConfigCache). Thank you in advance!

I am working on this - just haven't seen anything in the logs ("[ERR" "[WRN") from SimpleLogistics. Now ODFC on the other hand has been a beast trying to get compatible with tweakscale.

for your own personal use you might try IgorZ's https://github.com/ihsoft/KSPDev_LogConsole/wiki - great little helper -

and

I am not putting this on you; just giving some tools to help me. :D

Usually the files I look at are

\KSP.log

\Logs\ModuleManager\*.log

\GameData\ModuleManager.ConfigCache

\_MMCfgOutput\ (if " -mm-dump" is on KSP's command line)

All of these are plain text files.

Ah. Ok. I don't still have those around from one of the times it crashed. Hate to possibly mess up the career I have going now. But I just got an idea to possibly try. I'll make a separate KSP install (so that I don't mess up my current game) and see if I can get a crash by playing around in sandbox mode. I normally use career, but it takes a while in career to get to where SImpleLogistics would be doing much (and it would take even longer and be pretty painful if I tried it without any other mods at all). But maybe sandbox with only SImpleLogistics (and it's requirements). And of course, maybe I won't be able to trigger it, but seems worth a try. Too late and tired to try that tonight, but maybe tomorrow or so.

28 minutes ago, rmaine said:

Ah. Ok. I don't still have those around from one of the times it crashed. Hate to possibly mess up the career I have going now. But I just got an idea to possibly try. I'll make a separate KSP install (so that I don't mess up my current game) and see if I can get a crash by playing around in sandbox mode. I normally use career, but it takes a while in career to get to where SImpleLogistics would be doing much (and it would take even longer and be pretty painful if I tried it without any other mods at all). But maybe sandbox with only SImpleLogistics (and it's requirements). And of course, maybe I won't be able to trigger it, but seems worth a try. Too late and tired to try that tonight, but maybe tomorrow or so.

yes, please don't crash a career save.

a generic would be better. :D

again thank you.

several mods that might help you:

• vesselmover
  • hyperedit

use hyperedit to land your first vessel; then use vesselmover's 'spawn vessel' to add vessels to the network.

Edited by zer0Kerbal

Aha. Sorry for the false alarm. I set up a new KSP install with just SImpleLogistics, its requirements, and the 2 mods you recommended above. But before I got around to kicking on it much, I got another of the crashes in the career game I was playing... which I had started without SImpleLogistics. It had gone a few days (real-time ones, with me spending far too much of them in KSP :-)) without a crash, so I figured that was evidence of the problem having gone away when I avoided SL. Good thing I didn't say I was certain of that conclusion. :-)

Thanks for your time and for pointing me to the more useful log files. I swear some KSP docs had pointed me to the player log instead. I'd have never found it otherwise, as it is in a rather obscure place (~/Appdata/LocalLow/Temp/Squad), where I'd never have guessed to find it. But the easier-to-find KSP.log that you pointed me to does look at least somewhat more informative. Still a lot of cruft, but it also had a pretty explicit pointer to ScienceAlert. Guess I'll post over there.

18 hours ago, rmaine said:

Aha. Sorry for the false alarm.

All is good. Tells me people are using this 'glorious' little mod.

of the crashes

I've been told of other 'phantom' hard to reproduce bugs that CTD - might be a Unity thing, or to quote someone "unholy interactions with the Kraken'.

Thanks for your time and for pointing me to the more useful log files. I swear some KSP docs had pointed me to the player log instead. I'd have never found it otherwise, as it is in a rather obscure place (~/Appdata/LocalLow/Temp/Squad), where I'd never have guessed to find it. But the easier-to-find KSP.log that you pointed me to does look at least somewhat more informative. Still a lot of cruft, but it also had a pretty explicit pointer to ScienceAlert. Guess I'll post over there.

All good.

Helping others help themselves only helps me. :D (and maybe now the ScienceAlert authors)

using Notepad++ with that plug in really is a timesaver to help filter out the 'cruft'.  I can't thank @Bearfight enough for that posting about it.

Happy Exploding! (oops - flying!) and do stop in from time to time, post what you like,dislike about this mod. :D

+1 :rep:

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.