[1.12.4] SimpleLogistics! (SLOG) v2.0.6.0 - `<Supply & Demand>` [29 Dec 2022]

zer0Kerbal

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, leatherneck6017 said:

@zer0Kerbal Loving this mod at my Minmus ISRU base. Question though, would this module work on spotlights? I was thinking of adding some lighting around my base, but connected to ground pads instead of the base itself. It'd be awesome if I could have them plug in to the network for power.

in the next release (which should be soon - hopefully this month) there will be patches for deployablescience (aka Serenity) RTG and SolarPanels.

Same should work for spotlights.

I have been kicking around adopting A.S.E.T. deployable lights (need KAS) and include a patch for SimpleLogistics.

Either way - I think it is possible. the patches are already on GitHub. I think it might also be possible to add a line in the MODULE to have the plugged in by default.

@leatherneck6017 PS - even better if you use the KAS battery pack ground base...

PSS - oh great, now have talked my self into considering NSSL (Not So SImpleLogistics!)

Edited by zer0Kerbal

1 hour ago, zer0Kerbal said:

PS - even better if you use the KAS battery pack ground base...

How did I not know this part was included in KAS?!?!

So printed one of these with GC at my Min base. In the PAW there's an entry for "Plugged In?" but no toggle. Thoughts?

Spoiler

9KxtLfg.jpg

How did I not know this part was included in KAS?!?!

So printed one of these with GC at my Min base. In the PAW there's an entry for "Plugged In?" but no toggle. Thoughts?

Reveal hidden contents

9KxtLfg.jpg

experimental: Kindly tell me what you think. May or May not have to manually plug everything in.

Spoiler

// KAS-PortPylonPwr.cfg v1.0.0.0
// SimpleLogistics
// created: 2020 02 19
// updated: 2020 02 19

// thank you to  @Buzz light fear, @Cavscout74 for the idea!
// Thank you to leatherneck6017 for this idea.
// need to expand to anything that has cck-lights, including deployable-lights and tracking lights.

@PART[KAS?PortPylonPwr]:NEEDS[KAS,SimpleLogistics]:AFTER[SimpleLogistics]
{
	@description:NEEDS[SimpleLogistics] ^= :(.)$:$0\n<#6495ED>Simple Logistics Enabled. </color>:

// Module Command
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleCommand
		minimumCrew = 0
		hasHibernation = true
		hibernation = true
		hibernateOnWarp = true
		hibernationMultiplier = 0.00125
		defaultControlPointDisplayName = #autoLOC_6011003 //#autoLOC_6011003 = Default
		RESOURCE
		{
			name = ElectricCharge
			rate = 0.0001
		}
	}
	%MODULE[LogisticsModule]
	{
		IsActive = True
	}
}

// DeployedRTG
@PART:HAS[#tags[~cck-lights]]:NEEDS[SimpleLogistics]:AFTER[SimpleLogistics]
{
	@description:NEEDS[SimpleLogistics] ^= :(.)$:$0\n<#6495ED>Simple Logistics Enabled. Just attach to anything in a SimpleLogistics Network and turn on! Magnetic base not included. Bulb not included. Batteries not included. Light Swithc and blackout curtains not provided.</color>:

// Module Command
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleCommand
		minimumCrew = 0
		hasHibernation = true
		hibernation = true
		hibernateOnWarp = true
		hibernationMultiplier = 0.00125
		defaultControlPointDisplayName = #autoLOC_6011003 //#autoLOC_6011003 = Default
		RESOURCE
		{
			name = ElectricCharge
			rate = 0.0001
		}
	}
	%MODULE[LogisticsModule]
	{
		IsActive = True
	}
}
// CC BY-NC-SA-4.0
// zer0Kerbal

PS - the second patch might have just granted sentience to all lights with the tag of cck-lights! beware!

Edited by zer0Kerbal

7 minutes ago, zer0Kerbal said:

experimental: Kindly tell me what you think. May or May not have to manually plug everything in.

The KAS pylon already has ModuleCommand and I see that SimpleLogistics is patching it in MM log. I'm fine with manually enabling it through the SL GUI.

11 minutes ago, leatherneck6017 said:

The KAS pylon already has ModuleCommand and I see that SimpleLogistics is patching it in MM log. I'm fine with manually enabling it through the SL GUI.

somehow that slipped by me. to many new members of the zed'K adoption agency today!

do try this kindly - it *might* turn it on by default, if not, hopefully I can get it working next release (which is due sooner than later)

Spoiler

@PART[KAS?PortPylonPwr]:NEEDS[KAS,SimpleLogistics]:AFTER[SimpleLogistics]
{

%MODULE[LogisticsModule]
	{
		IsActive = True
	}
}

• 2 weeks later...

Mod Version
KSP version:static KSP-AVC License GPLv3 68747470733a2f2f692e706f7374696d672e6363
Code Validate AVC .version files

Version 2.0.3.2 - Deployable Serenity

• thank you to forum users @buzz light fear, @Cavscout74, and @leatherneck6017 for the ideas!
  • for those who have the DLC Breaking Ground installed there is a new feature for two Serenity parts
  • the DeployedRTG and the DeployedSolarPanel can now be plugged into a SimpleLogistic's network

EXPERIMENTAL: Add SimpleLogistics! to Mini-NUK-PD Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generator (DeployedRTG)

• all the normal rules for RTG apply
  • produces .50 EC/s
  • produces heat like stock RTG
  • range of inclusion in SimpleLogistic Network - currently ~2.4km, can always use relays
  • after deploying, must manually 'plug-in' to the SimpleLogistics network.
  • existing rtg/solarpanels might not work - might have to pick them up (using RMB/PAW) and redeploying them again
  • has a battery of 25 EC units

EXPERIMENTAL: Add SimpleLogistics! to OX-Stat-PD Photovoltaic Panel (DeployedSolarPanel)

• produces .15 (max) EC/s
  • has a battery of 25 EC units
  • needs sunlight
  • all the normal rules for solar apply
  • range of inclusion in SimpleLogistic Network - currently ~2.4km, can always use relays
  • existing rtg/solarpanels might not work - might have to pick them up (using RMB/PAW) and redeploying them again
  • there is a limitation, SimpleLogistics currently just averages out resources over the network.

EXPERIMENTAL: Add SimpleLogistics! to KAS PrtPylonPwer (so anything attached can draw power)

• Thank you to @leatherneck6017 for this idea.
  • add KAS-PortPylonPwr.cfg
  • experimental: IsActive = True
  • FUTURE: need to expand to anything that has cck-lights, including deployable-lights and tracking lights.
  • there is a limitation, SimpleLogistics currently just averages out resources over the network.

Code and Code Related

• added Version.tt and AssemblyVersion.tt automation
  • moved AssemblyVersion.tt/.cs into Properties/
  • updated to v2 of InstallChecker.cs
  • moved Textures/ -> Plugins/Textures/

Deployment and Backend

• update changelog to include new Kerbal Changelog features
  • updated _deploy and _buildRelease
  • automated Readme.md -> Readme.htm
  • Readme.htm now included in release
  • CONTRIBUTING.md now included in repository
  • updated .version to be avc compliant
  • added avc github checker and badge
  • updated .gitattributes .gitignore
  • added json's
  • updated / modernized .csproj
  • updated Readme.md
  • updated Releases.layout.md

See Full Changelog for full details of changes
See Known Issues for known issues

red box below is a link to forum post on how to get support
How to get support

2032b.png

Kerbal Space Program 1.8.1
Unity 2019.2.2f1
.NET Framework 4.8

*Be Kind: Lithobrake, not jakebrake! Keep your Module Manager up to date*

Edited by zer0Kerbal

9 hours ago, Jansn67 said:

When trying to Update CKAN throws out an Error here.
Anyone else?

5 hours ago, leatherneck6017 said:

@zer0Kerbal I can confirm. Screenshot:

Reveal hidden contents

1o8iVVU.png

hmm... perplexing. @HebaruSan any ideas?

Are there any personal patches in GameData\SimpleLogistics\ ?

Have you tried a hard reinstall? (manually delete GameData\SimpleLogistics\ : then fresh install through CKAN)

while am here - working on new features for the 1.9.1 release. already compiled, just coding in the new features. no eta - depends upon how difficulty to implement.

Edited by zer0Kerbal

8 minutes ago, zer0Kerbal said:

hmm... perplexing. @HebaruSan any ideas?

Usually that happens when a download is replaced (CKAN has checks in place to make sure that the file it installs is the same as the one it indexed). Unfortunately since KSP-SpaceDock/SpaceDock#195 and KSP-CKAN/CKAN#2859 are not yet live, the original download is still in the bot's cache and will need to be purged. I've reached out to @techman83 to get that done, may take another few hours or days.

19 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

Usually that happens when a download is replaced (CKAN has checks in place to make sure that the file it installs is the same as the one it indexed). Unfortunately since KSP-SpaceDock/SpaceDock#195 and KSP-CKAN/CKAN#2859 are not yet live, the original download is still in the bot's cache and will need to be purged. I've reached out to @techman83 to get that done, may take another few hours or days.

thank you.

*sigh* I did have to replace - so deleted and reupped.

1 hour ago, zer0Kerbal said:

while am here - working on new features for the 1.9.1 release. already compiled, just coding in the new features. no eta - depends upon how difficulty to implement.

FYI. I've been using 2.0.3.1 with 1.9.1 for a while. Seems to work as far as I can see.

And while I'm posting, I'll throw in a "vote" for the wishlist item you mentioned of being able to deposit stuff from an unplugged vehicle. I'd love that for base resupply missions bringing up snacks and the like. My current workaround is to unplug everything at the base, plug in my resupply ship as the only thing plugged in, request stuff from the ship, then unplug the ship and plug everything in the base back in (optionally followed by requesting goods from the base if it has anything to ship back home - like shinies from the progressive colonization mod). Works, but its annoyingly awkward. Understand how much I'm "owed" of your volunteer work (i.e. I'm owed nothing.) Just expressing an interest.

3 hours ago, rmaine said:

FYI. I've been using 2.0.3.1 with 1.9.1 for a while. Seems to work as far as I can see.

excellent. am working with several other coders (who will get all the glory and credit) to push out these improvements.

wishlist item you mentioned of being able to deposit stuff

I know it can be done - just needs me to focus down and do it. :D I want this feature too.

In reality this is how I see it six months (hopefully less) from now.

All 'hubs' or network points will be able to choose from 'normal', 'push', or 'pull' modes. Default is obviously 'normal'; which acts like it does now.

Push only send resources. so Generators, Drills Scrapyards... etc.

Pull only receives - so warehouses and end consumers.

hardest part is the GUI -> which is well beyond my abilities right now.

Just expressing an interest.

Thank you ! I love feedback, and rarely get enough.

I also suggest putting in a Feature Request on GitHub detailing what you want. (Use the Issues tab).

Edited by zer0Kerbal

5 hours ago, Jansn67 said:

Is this in 1.73?
I dont expect FTL/FTF works in 1.81..!?

This won't be until 1.0.4.0 (next release) which is targeted for KSP 1.9.1. It is *mostly* working - just some minor polish and code to decipher.

Concerning Field Training Lab (FTL) and Field Training Facility (FT) both are working brilliantly in 1.7.3/1.8.1/and 1.9.1. (the 1.8.1 and 1.9.1 builds are not released yet) . From what I can tell, nothing in KSP broke them from 1.7.3->1.9.1 /YMMV/. Plus there are pre-release builds on github for 1.8.1 and 1.9.1.

S̴̻̞̀͒͘͜i̵̝̪̐͒m̴̡̦̝̐͑̓p̵͓̫̫͋̓͠l̴̡̻͎̔͑͑e̴̠͔͚̽̐̔L̴͉͉͇͑̔͆o̴͎͖͔͋́͠g̵̡̘͍̽̓͑i̴͔̞̠̓̿̕s̸͖͓͚̓̽͝t̵͉̠͓͋̈́i̵͚͖̔̽̚c̵̢̟̈́͊͘s̵̡̞̝̽̀͛!̴͎͕̪̽̐̀

Edited by zer0Kerbal

@zer0Kerbal FYI, the GitHub version file referenced still shows a max KSP version of 1.7.9. KSP AVC is catching this.

Thank you - I just downloaded 2.0.3.2 from github - and here is the .version file:

{
	"NAME"		   : "SimpleLogistics!",
	"URL"			: "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/zer0Kerbal/SimpleLogistics/master/SimpleLogistics.version",
	"DOWNLOAD"	   : "https://github.com/zer0Kerbal/SimpleLogistics/releases/latest",
	"CHANGE_LOG_URL" : "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/zer0Kerbal/SimpleLogistics/master/Changelog.cfg",
	"GITHUB" :
	{
		"USERNAME"		  : "zer0Kerbal",
		"REPOSITORY"		: "SimpleLogistics",
		"ALLOW_PRE_RELEASE" : false
	},
	"VERSION" : 
	{
		"MAJOR" : 2,
		"MINOR" : 0,
		"PATCH" : 3,
		"BUILD" : 2
	},
	"KSP_VERSION" :
	{
		"MAJOR" : 1,
		"MINOR" : 8,
		"PATCH" : 1
	},
	"KSP_VERSION_MIN" :
	{
		"MINOR" : 7,
		"PATCH" : 1
	},
	"KSP_VERSION_MAX" :
	{
		"MINOR" : 8,
		"PATCH" : 9999
	},
	"INSTALL_LOC" :
	{
		"NAME" :		  "SimpleLogistics",
		"DIRECTORY" :	 "SimpleLogistics"
	}
}

All looks right. Min 1.7.1 (because of UI changes) max 1.8.9999 (because haven't released (yet)) and current of 1.8.3....

however:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/zer0Kerbal/SimpleLogistics/master/SimpleLogistics.version

somehow got reverted... fixed now. thank you.

Edited by zer0Kerbal

I remind in far past, to boost up grounded-ISRU-Mining-Rigs,
i needed to KAS-connect an Engineer-filled MPL to it.

Before i try ingame, i may ask, if it is still neccessary, or will Simple Logistic
also "connect" that boost-factor to?

-----
in past ISRU says 5% converting efficiency without and
100% with KAS-connected MPL.

Edited by Jansn67

2 hours ago, Jansn67 said:

I remind in far past, to boost up grounded-ISRU-Mining-Rigs,
i needed to KAS-connect an Engineer-filled MPL to it.

Before i try ingame, i may ask, if it is still neccessary, or will Simple Logistic
also "connect" that boost-factor to?

-----
in past ISRU says 5% converting efficiency without and
100% with KAS-connected MPL.

excellent question.

only resources are connected.

so to get skill/profession bases bonuses like (DrillSkill) or HeatProduction or GeologySkill or ConverterSkill need to be physically present - so yes, in same vessel, or KAS'd or docked.

Reminds me to publish my mod "KerbalEfficiencies"

22 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

so to get skill/profession bases bonuses like (DrillSkill) or HeatProduction or GeologySkill or ConverterSkill need to be physically present

Ok, thanks.

Next Weekend MPLs go on their way.
Have enough rescued and spacecamped Engineers "in stock".
Gilly- and Moho-ISRUs are quite slow..
AND: Training Labs@Kerbin are running!

Edited by Jansn67

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.