I am actually worried

I agree it's about time they started reaching out to the community if they are still planning to release the game this year. It would be pretty bad (both for us and for them) to maintain radio silence until release, although they certainly can try.

I'm convinced something disrupted their plans to drop infos since Squad did their contest about replicating the colonial VAB without Star.Theory releasing any official material about it, just some phrases if you dig through the interviews, as if they planned to do the contest in conjunction with some sort of announcement that got cancelled.

Also if I remember correctly there was some "more info in the coming months" stated during the first interviews and the "developers insights" section is stuck at #1.

1 hour ago, Geonovast said:

Developers are quiet: Why aren't they talking to us?  Is the game dead?

Developers are engaging and posting updates: Why are they spending so much time promoting?  Shouldn't they be working on the game?

To expand on this, the developers are overhyping the game, run, it's going to be bad. (Hold it, people are already saying that. Never mind.)

Don't worry, this is normal. Yes, there are some developers that communicate regularly, but they are the exception.

I'll field this one.

When they came out with the announcement they got such an overwhelming amount of feedback from KSP veterans which both helped them solidify their priorities, and likely gave them a crapload of work to do in tweaking/redeveloping various aspects of the game, in order to make the best game possible.

The above rejiggering takes a long time, and before it is done, there inherently isn't anything new to show. This is the period we are still in now, and it's not really surprising nor should be taken with alarm. They also just got the green light for several additional months of development time (the move to fiscal year 2021) and are likely taking the opportunity to focus on some stuff they may not have had time for before.

Also, it was the holiday season. I expect more updates in the next couple months.

Don't panic until we have good enough reason to panic. I can think of like 40 reasons immediately off the top of my head but lack of KSP2 updates is probably not one of them although who knows.

Star Theory is still in really early stages of development with this game and I think right now they're trying to get it to a stage that when they show off stuff it will be more up to standard with community expectations. The slow drip stinks I know but hey give it time.

10 minutes ago, Krulliam said:

Star Theory is still in really early stages of development with this game and I think right now they're trying to get it to a stage that when they show off stuff it will be more up to standard with community expectations. The slow drip stinks I know but hey give it time.

Its been in development since before 1.6 dropped (12-19-18) and by then they had already developed game assets meaning it was being developed for a bit before this. We are 3 months from the original release date in what has been longer than 13 months of development already. Based on this I suspect they must at the least be near to closing alpha and moving on to beta testing and have surely developed a fair bit of content in the past 4 months worth showing off. They also said they would be contacting the community and that they would be giving us more updates in coming months. I understand if they dont want to confirm a new release time frame since delaying but maybe selectively addressing a few of the questions posited by the community about content in the game would be fair by now. 

9 hours ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

They also said they would be contacting the community and that they would be giving us more updates in coming months.

My point is pretty much this, I'm used to Devs not talking, I'm also waiting Half-Life Alyx and Valve has gone dark since the announcement trailer too, but it seems that Star.Theory had some plans to feed us with information that, for some unknown reasons, got dropped.

My best example remains the colonial VAB contest, which was made by Squad on a topic that was only briefly touched by Nate Simpson during interviews, as if some info reveal that should have been posted before the contest got cancelled.

Anyway I'm not even that worried, just a little upset by the lack of new information to confirm the past 3 months of speculation or to allow for some new, fresh discussion and speculation in this forum section.

On 1/17/2020 at 2:04 AM, Master39 said:

"to allow for some new, fresh discussion and speculation in this forum section"

I guess this is the best reasoning I've heard for at least a few screenshot crumbs. The ball's in your court, Star Theory!

Edited by nwillard

Easy, boy. Check this link : https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/66-the-daily-kerbal/

There's TWO Previews on the first 10 days of this month, and a new one last Friday. :)

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Carl Sagan

-- POST EDIT --

Uh... Didn't paid attention on the Forum I was reading... :blush: Oh well, Anyway, it's still a nice opportunity to quote Sagan! :)

Edited by Lisias
post edit

3 minutes ago, Lisias said:

Easy, boy. Check this link : https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/66-the-daily-kerbal/

There's TWO Previews on the first 10 days of this month, and a new one last Friday. :)

Those are referring to KSP 1 not 2 so they should be irrelevant

14 hours ago, Lisias said:

-- POST EDIT --

Uh... Didn't paid attention on the Forum I was reading... :blush: Oh well, Anyway, it's still a nice opportunity to quote Sagan! :)

Gunna say though, if they just showed us some part models I would be exstatic

9 hours ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

Gunna say though, if they just showed us some part models I would be exstatic

I would like to see the drive models for the ones the community has ID'ed so far. (Except the Orion drive, if you follow Roverdude's mods you know what it looks like.)

I am afraid, that the communication between Squad and Star theory is rather bad and Star Theory was not aware of the content squad is about to add to KSP1 (DLCs included) and push themselfes to delevier those things in the sequel, adding a lot of work in the former end phase of production/development. 
I understand this pressure, because the community would not be very happy to have a sequel that has less content and not as polished terrain textures, etc.

If this is the case, I am very, very much worried about this project, as the squel would most certainly be not real sequel, but more of a rip-off of KSP1

19 minutes ago, stoani96 said:

I am afraid, that the communication between Squad and Star theory is rather bad and Star Theory was not aware of the content squad is about to add to KSP1 (DLCs included) and push themselfes to delevier those things in the sequel, adding a lot of work in the former end phase of production/development. 
I understand this pressure, because the community would not be very happy to have a sequel that has less content and not as polished terrain textures, etc.

If this is the case, I am very, very much worried about this project, as the squel would most certainly be not real sequel, but more of a rip-off of KSP1

That's not the case, the terrain system in KSP2 is way better than the one in KSP1, that's confirmed from the mods and the youtubers that visited the studio.

And, also, the game is a complete and optimized rewrite, even if it was the exact same thing as KSP1 it would be worth the money, but with all the features they confirmed we already know is much more.

The only thing that we'll probably loose are the robotic parts, but that''s a small thing compared to the rest of the game.