How to scale fairing up to 9m?

GP_LeChuck

I've been creating 9m parts by copying the 5m file (GameData/SquadExpansion/MakingHistory/Parts) and setting "rescaleFactor" to 1.8 (5 x 1.8 = 9). This has worked relatively simply for fuel tanks, engine plates, etc. and so far I haven't managed to anger the kraken, but it looks like fairings are a bit more complicated. Changing rescaleFactor makes for the right base width, but the fairing shell sections themselves don't increase in size, leaving large gaps. I can post a picture if necessary.

Does anyone know what values I would have to change (working from the fairingSize4 file) in order to make the shell sections line up? I assume it's likely something under  the ModuleProceduralFairing section, but since trial and error would result in a lot more time looking at my KSP load screen than ideal, I wanted to see if anyone on here could offer some pointers. I also assume there's some sort of modder's tutorial out there with the answer that I've overlooked, so pointing me in that direction would be great as well.

Thanks!

I'd recommend giving Tweakscale a go, but I've not tried adjusting farings with it to know if it definitely works ok with them.  It's a  very well used mod with an active developer though so I'd expect it to.

Edited by RizzoTheRat

4 hours ago, RizzoTheRat said:

I'd recommend giving Tweakscale a go, but I've not tried adjusting farings with it to know if it definitely works ok with them.  It's a  very well used mod with an active developer though so I'd expect it to.

Fairings are not being scaled yet, I didn't tacked down the reason why yet (there're patches for ir, but they are commented out ) as I choose to tackle down Wheels first.

Wheels are stable now, it will be going to mainstream in the next major release. Then I will push Fairings into the Beta Program. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.