KSP Loading... Preview: Drain Valve

St4rdust

Neat. I honestly can’t think of a particular use case for this though, other than perhaps submarine type applications.

For normal rockets you can dump excess ore already, and if you have too much fuel, wouldn’t it be easier to just burn the engines until you burn away the fuel?

19 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

Neat. I honestly can’t think of a particular use case for this though, other than perhaps submarine type applications.

This is fantastic for stuff like space shuttles, which are designed to have an ideal CoL/CoM balance on re-entry.  There are valves like this in the Smart Parts mod.  I use them quite frequently.

I like the look of this. I assume it doesn't only have the option to vent LFO. Does it detect the contents of the tank and drain only those resources? Does it obey cross-feed rules when draining from vessel? I'm looking forward to the opportunity to use it and figure out how it works. If there is one small piece of feedback I might be allowed to give, though, it might be good to include a a texture variant that offers an alternative to the black and yellow caution tape. The caution tape has been a component of a lot of the stock part's aesthetics for a long time, but I've noticed its generally absent from the revamped parts. I don't particularly dislike the caution tape, but it just seems like having the option whether or not to include it might be nice. Its a very minor quibble about a minute detail that most people will probably never notice, but I just felt maybe it was worth saying aloud.

17 minutes ago, klesh said:

I see a big blank nothing in the OP.

Same here. But looking at the source of the page I could find a link to a video on facebook.

May I recommend to @St4rdust that facebook is not the best choice as a video hosting provider?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.