Blurry Component Textures Linux

I'm on a new install of Xubuntu and the textures of the components does not seem to be what it should be, various part textures are blurry, such as the image below.

Does anyone have any idea why the textures are like this?

Texture resolution in the game settings is full res, the rest of the settings are high, I have deleted the settings.cfg multiple times and it made no difference. I have try reinstalling and verifying the game cache, is this just a Linux thing?

iKmaCy5.jpg

Edited by Kimril

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/21/2020 at 5:35 AM, Kimril said:

Does anyone have any idea why the textures are like this?

No, but I see it too. Logsnip system info:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4960X CPU @ 3.60GHz (6)
RAM: 32064
GPU: GeForce GTX 1070/PCIe/SSE2 (8192MB)
SM: 50 (OpenGL 4.5.0 NVIDIA 440.44)
RT Formats: ARGB32, Depth, ARGBHalf, Shadowmap, RGB565, ARGB4444, ARGB1555, Default, ARGB2101010, DefaultHDR, ARGB64, ARGBFloat, RGFloat, RGHalf, RFloat, RHalf, R8, ARGBInt, RGInt, RInt, BGRA32, RGB111110Float, RG32, RGBAUShort, RG16, BGRA10101010_XR, BGR101010_XR, R16

7 hours ago, Vinil said:

Do you use a Nvidia card?

^^

Bug report posted.

On 2/14/2020 at 6:53 AM, said:

I run rx470. I also have a blurry texture on this part. Never really noticed it was this bad before. I still haven't downloaded 1.9, so I;m not sure if it is still like this. One thing I did question is whether or not it looks this bad on Windows also. I have no easy way of verifying that, but if you download the image on the wiki, then zoom in, it looks much, much better than what it does in game on linux.

https://imgur.com/3YwlhNq

It's not only that part that is bad. Look at the pics in this post.

On Windows it's much better.

Edited by Vinil

On 2/16/2020 at 1:21 PM, <noname> said:

Squad doesn't support Linux. They simply release a Linux version, then run for the hills.

I know. Had I known back in 2013, I wouldn't have bought the game. I won't be buying anything else from them until this improves.
Squad advertised their product as running on GNU/Linux, and GNU/Linux as a supported platform. It is quite reasonable to expect them to honour such statements.

On 2/16/2020 at 1:21 PM, <noname> said:

It may be better for us to just run the windows version under wine or proton.

It may be better for us to reserve our financial support for game studios that actually give a monkeys about their customers and their product quality. I don't pay for games so buggy I have to run them through an API compatibility layer.

On 2/20/2020 at 1:09 PM, said:

I did some poking around out of curiosity. I installed the lates vesion of wineHQ, downloaded the windows version fron the KSP store, and loaded up the Hitchhiker in the SPH and zoomed in. The texture looks the same to me. This doesn't appear to be a Linux issue, it does look to be a KSP issue.

It doesn't happen on native Windows. I tested it.

Edited by Vinil

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Nine months have passed since 1.8 release and the bug is still present in 1.10.1... No news, no comment on the (several) bug reports, no action.

FWIW, this affects more than just some textures, graphics and UI settings are not being saved/applied properly.

As usual, Squad more interested in hype and pointless new features than in fixing the most basic of functionality.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.