Solar Panels Deploy On Their Own

I am optimizing my vehicles for building a mining station on Eeloo.

In the midst of this I installed KAS/KIS for the first time. Something really weird is happening and I do not know if it is due to the mods, or the game, or my stupidity.

I built a skycrane/rover combination. I am using the in-game-cheat to orbit it around Eeloo while I optimize its functioning. When I first show up orbiting Eeloo all the solar panels deploy. I manually close all the gigantors on the rover and leave the solar panels on the skycrane deployed. Then I activate the engines and land.

The rover is under the skycrane when they land, still connected, but the rover is still 6" above ground in the landed position. When I manually tell the stack-separator/decoupler/docking-port to decouple, it does, the rover drops to the ground, but suddenly all the Gigantor XL Solar Arrays open up on the rover, all by themselves, destroying both vehicles. When I decouple, the focus is on the skycrane, not the rover, but the offending action (panels opening) happens on the rover. And since the focus is on the wrong vehicle, by the time you "[" to change vehicles and hit the solar action group, it self destructs before I can stop them from extending (when I have an action group assigned). The best work around I have found is to launch the skycrane as soon as I decouple, which is BS.

Why? It didn't used to screw up like this. Now I cannot make it stop even when there are no panels in any action groups. It does not matter which of the stack-separator/decoupler/docking-ports I try.

I am out of ideas and frustrated.

PC, Steam, McJeb / KAS / KIS, 8GB RAM, 4-CPU, 1 MEG video card

Edited by LunaTrick
clairity

I made another flight just to make sure. I made sure auto-deploy-solar-panels in Utilities was turned off. It was not on in the ascent module. It was not on in the landing module. Same problem.

I think tomorrow I will temporarily remove KAS/KIS and see what happens.

Not sure if this matters, but I also flew the craft to Eeloo without using the in-game-orbit-cheat. Made no difference. They still deploy after decouple.

Edited by LunaTrick

(same McJeb settings as above)

So, I eliminated KAS/KIS from the gamedata folder. Of course the ship won't load, so I reload KAS/KIS, re-edit ship to remove 1 KIS payload and replace with 2 xenon tanks of similar size as KIS payload on the rover.

I used in-game-orbit-cheat to get to Eeloo. First thing I noticed was the solar panels did not auto deploy as happens with KAS/KIS installed.

I activate engines, land, decouple. Everything works fine and the solar panels did not auto deploy.

I conclude the problem is in KAS/KIS. Is my logic sound? If so, is there a place to discuss KAS/KIS?

Thanks

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.