[KSP >= 1.2.2] Score! 0.0.1.2 Alpha Release

Lisias

Hi, Intrepid Kerbonauts!

This is the Development Thread for my own first 100% from Scratch Add'On:

Score!, a Utility to automate computing Scores for Challenges

There's a Proof of Concept in: https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/Score/releases, theoretically compatible with every KSP version since 1.2.2 - but further testings are still on the works. Please use this stunt on Disposable Instalments. Check the Install instructions for Dependencies (none included).

I guarantee only that this thing worked on my Machine. OnceTwice. Four times already! #HURRAY :sticktongue:

Source Code: https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/Score

Double Licensed on GPL-2.0 and SKL-1.0 at user discretion.

Currently only Fastest Juno Powered Airplane Challenge is implemented, and even that is not final - the whole shebang is intended to improve.

0003.jpg

Show case with pictures of how this thing works here.

Edited by Lisias
New alpha release**2

Some off-topic content and interpersonal bickering has been removed. Please behave like civil adults, folks. It's never okay to level accusations against fellow forum members, and it's poor form to hijack another modder's thread to advertise your own. If you'd like to discuss your own mod, then your own thread is, of course, the best place to do that.

Thank you for your understanding.

On 1/26/2020 at 1:12 AM, zer0Kerbal said:

looks great - if/when need something like this I know where to go!

There's some ground yet until it is really usable. Now it only scores one single Challenge, and I still need to cook something to easily (or the less cumbersome as possible) add scoring systems.

Initially, I thought on some scripting as done by kOS, perhaps using Lua (using Red Onion or perhaps incorporating Selene), but I'm really reticent on shoving an interpreter overhead on the FixedUpdate, where the data gathering happens - as one objective of the tool is to be the most accurate as possible. So I'm learning how to hot load DLLs on C#, as one possible way out for this problem is realising new Challenges into discrete DLLs and load them at runtime.

I want to try to hot load/unload such DLLs to avoid restarting KSP. Having to restart KSP to try small changes is cumbersome as hell, and avoiding that will really add value to this tool.

Edited by Lisias
ugh... :P

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.