KSP Loading...: No Place Like Kerbin

SQUAD

I'm seeing a lot of people saying that while the Mainsail and Skipper are an improvement on the first revamps we saw, they're still worse than ReStock.

So let me just be the voice of opposition here and say that I like these revamps wholeheartedly and considerably more than what ReStock has to offer.

Great job Squad!

Edited by T1mo98

Great news. The revamped parts look awesome and i am glad to see, that they have received some additional art passes and part variants since their first presentation. The new terrain and the SRB also looks awesome.

Thank you for your ongoing effort, to make this game better. It is greatly appreciated!

Happy launchings and stable orbits :)

o7

12 hours ago, sh1pman said:

New Skipper and Mainsail models are now incomparably more beautiful than the previews. Great job! Although I’m not sure that turbopump exhaust is supposed to be glowing hot like this. I think it should look like regular smoke instead.

This test footage of the Vulcain 2.1(of the same family the new Mainsail revamp is modelled after) shows that the exhaust looks a lot less like smoke than you might expect.

Edited by T1mo98

13 hours ago, SQUAD said:

Not to mention Kerbal Space Program 2 and some other stellar surprises we have currently in the VAB for you.

I'm sorry but I can see only this. This is the first bit of official KSP2 information in the last months.

10 hours ago, Nertea said:

So overall, good job! I suspect if you'd started out with this level of effort people would have been happier. 

You're... YOU are somewhat happy with the efforts of SQUAD?

What... What happened!?

Edited by Delay
Accidental double posting

@SQUAD If you're still open to improving the engine models, there's one thing you can do that requires little to no effort at all. Just add a bit of Rockomax orange to them. Even a single stripe will go a long way toward making them much more recognizable and distinguishable. 

3 hours ago, Master39 said:

I'm sorry but I can see only this. This is the first bit of official KSP2 information in the last months.

at least we now know it didnt get delayed until jan-mar 2021 :P

24 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Will be interesting to see how it compares to QuickSearch.  I am looking forward to disabling the QuickSearch in the R&D scene

I'm looking forward to seeing how it holds up as well, thank you for maintaining the mod as it always helps, especially with new tech trees/part packs

1 hour ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

are those exhaust plumes for restock? :D

No. Those are my own works. They do not work with Restock since Nertea makes his own plumes and arranges things differently. You'll see my plumes in a few other major parts mods.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

2 hours ago, Quoniam Kerman said:

The Mainsail does look better indeed.

Nice new improvements.

I'll just hope that textures on Kerbin don't pixelised as the ones on Duna and Eve when I zoom in close. How does it happen?

Did you enable to updated texture mapping in settings?

On 1/23/2020 at 9:03 PM, SQUAD said:
For the time being, and for this KSP Loading in particular, we’re going to focus on some of the stuff that is going to roll onto the launchpad in Kerbal Space Program 1.9: No Place Like Home! So buckle up:

So how long is "rolling onto the launchpad" going to take? I'm ready for liftoff...

:)

29 minutes ago, EasyAce said:

So how long is "rolling onto the launchpad" going to take? I'm ready for liftoff...

:)

Well according to this.. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.popularmechanics.com/space/rockets/amp15777930/launching-to-space-at-a-crawl/

... I takes about 6 hours. Since we are well past that the wheels must have clipped through the crawlerway again. Probably gonna be awhile. ;) 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.