KSP Loading...: No Place Like Kerbin

SQUAD

1 hour ago, severedsolo said:

That's a good point. If KSP is no longer restricting warp to altitude, are people going to start warping through planets?

Maybe there'd be a "soft" warp limit that automatically unwarps you the as you enter the SOI but lets you overide it by pressing "." again.

1 hour ago, severedsolo said:

That's a good point. If KSP is no longer restricting warp to altitude, are people going to start warping through planets?

Start?

I'm hoping they figured out how to determine collisions independent from warp rate, so it can slow you down based on time to impact and not just a pre set altitude.

6 hours ago, Cleperli said:

It will probably be 1.10

2 hours ago, severedsolo said:

They're gonna do this. 50415ef7af281c61950951bfd4263b7a.gif

On 1/23/2020 at 1:40 PM, Bombaatu said:

Speaking of sound, it would be great if Chatterer could be made stock.

This I disagree with. Chatterer is definitely cool, but it's not for me and likely not the thing for some people. It'd really inconvenience those people.

3 hours ago, severedsolo said:

Warping isn't completely unrestricted.  If your PE is too low - below the edge of the atmosphere or the highest altitude + some margin, previous warp restrictions apply, to help players avoid over-warping into a planet.

On 1/24/2020 at 1:46 AM, Delay said:

You're... YOU are somewhat happy with the efforts of SQUAD?

What... What happened!?

Hey man, I'm actually not that hard to please! 

*mumbles something about consistency being the goal, even if it's not what he would have done*.

The time warp thing sounds great. I keep finding myself selecting holding orbits based on the time warp boundaries sso that I'm not waiting quite as long to warp to nodes.

Now all it needs is a feature to automatically correct every instance of the spelling "crafts" to the correct plural "craft". Even better if that could apply to the forums as well. :-)

On 1/24/2020 at 4:03 AM, SQUAD said:

Additionally after listening to your feedback, we’re including Mid and Bare variants.

Oh? Ok!

And after listening to your feedback, we’ll be including Bare and Truss Mount variants.

Yes I would very much like that!

a new cheat menu option that will allow you to place your craft above the surface of any celestial body; a search box for the R&D Tech Tree; and a new Screenshot Mode that will allow you to pause the game, move the camera and take the best shot by hitting the Escape key and then F2. There are several more QoL features we’re sure you’ll appreciate, too!

OOH MA GAWD YES

1 hour ago, rmaine said:

Now all it needs is a feature to automatically correct every instance of the spelling "crafts" to the correct plural "craft". Even better if that could apply to the forums as well. :-)

Where does it do that? I tend to be unobservant but that kind of thing drives me nuts too.

Also, never play Dicey Dungeons. "You unlocked a dice!"

3 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

Where does it do that? I tend to be unobservant but that kind of thing drives me nuts too.

Also, never play Dicey Dungeons. "You unlocked a dice!"

Well, I was deliberately avoiding being too specific, lest I sound like I was flaming someone. :-) But...

The OP has a phrase "you can download crafts". I'll grant that one does sound funny to my ear without the "s"; couldn't say why. If I were writing it, I'd probably have avoided both the funny sound and the incorrect plural by writing something like "craft files".

8 hours ago, Maxsimal said:

Warping isn't completely unrestricted.  If your PE is too low - below the edge of the atmosphere or the highest altitude + some margin, previous warp restrictions apply, to help players avoid over-warping into a planet.

Awesome, good to hear you've thought about that.

I'm a bit late to the party, but what a surprise!
As far as I know, you never once mentioned the revamp of Kerbin. I must say, it looks stunning! The sand especially looks amazing!
The cyclic and collective additions are also very welcome.
Good job as usual Squad!

Thanks for the preview!  I always really appreciate getting to see these.  I will add my opinions:

Nice to see Kerbin getting it's turn at being revamped.  I have issues with the way these revamped textures transition from one another as LOD changes.  Something doesn't look right.  You can see a picture taken from 5,000m up and see the same patterns that you do from .5m off the surface.   Its very strange and to me jarring.  Perhaps the same effect was used on the old textures, perhaps there were less transitions or the resolutions were so low that it wasn't easily seen.  I don't know.  What I do know is that while the new textures look great in a static scene, and I totally use them on my game, they are very jarring to play with in various scenarios where many LOD changes occur.  I'm probably not describing what I'm seeing very well.

Drain valve seems nice.  Not alot of applications for me, but not something to complain about the addition of. Some color variants are in order though: an orange, and a dark to go along with the white.  You've gone to the trouble of letting us decorate and change our entire rocket with the variant color system, and you're going to force us to put a white drain valve on everything?  Let us match the tanks we're putting it on, please.

Thanks for listening and doing variants for the Skipper and Mainsail.  The results you've posted is exactly the type of modification to the originals I was looking for.  I do agree with someone that perhaps an orange stripe (maybe the middle ring of the tankbutt?) could be added to call back to the classic Mainsail.  In general I know the variant system means your job now is 2x harder because we demand all the new parts make use of the variant system, but really the flexibility it brings to the player makes your extra effort so very worth it.  I really love it when a part has variant options and your game is so much better when they do.

Nice looking Thumper! It looks both new and at the same time has callbacks to a classic KSP look. 

The Quality of Life features sound good, especially the screenshot-pause function.  Being able to plop ourselves on a planet's surface via the cheat menu with be great too.  Rather than asking us to type in coordinates, I will be really impressed if it uses the Making History Mission Builder's zoomable surface picker tool.  One can always dream.

Blade improvements sound good.  Helicopter aficionados have been asking for cyclic and collective deflection controls since day 1 of the dlc; I'll certainly see what its all about.  I'm still hoping any of the robotics content will be updated to make some kind of sound.  The silence is eerie and not impressive.

The new stock craft for expansions.  I am torn on this.  I mean, on the one hand of course new crafts are great and I am surely glad to have them. I am looking forward to seeing what craft might have robotics on it and reverse engineering them.  I still have no clue how half of the Breaking Ground content is supposed to function, as there was zero instruction.  What I am torn on is the fact that this is the type of polish I expect on release of a product, not 684 and 241 days after a dlc is sold to me.   I appreciate that they are giving them to us, but I can't help but feel like it highlights how much we should already have had them.  The 2 DLC's were missing alot of polish to them, but I suppose a little shine later is better than never. I realize Squad delivers as much as they can in good faith, and I appreciate what they can and have delivered. 

So is this something that will be released soon? I can't wait for the new engine textures/planet textures. Not to mention the drain Valve for fuel tanks. Squad has really stepped up their game recently. But they Probably haven't stepped up enough to add multiplayer though, right? :wink:

Consider that a challenge!

Edited by Vinhero100

Just now, RealKerbal3x said:

I highly doubt SQUAD will add multiplayer now, ever since it was announced for KSP 2.

Yea I know, just a joke. I wonder how long we're going to have to wait for ksp 2, they literally have not sent ANY updates to the community.

4 minutes ago, Vinhero100 said:

Yea I know, just a joke. I wonder how long we're going to have to wait for ksp 2, they literally have not sent ANY updates to the community.

Who knows? I'm taking the radio silence as 'we're too busy making the game as good as it can be to post regular updates'.

Thank you so much for listening to the community regarding the Mainsail and Skipper revamps!

While I have to admit that the "improved" revamped Mainsail is still not my favorite engine design in the game, it certainly looks better than the first publicized  version.
Oh and the new variants for both engines are HIGHLY appreciated! Fantastic work Squad!

Any ETA on when 1.9 is going to be released?

The new graphics look really nice, BUT-

v1.8 graphics updates made the game crash when I went to the Mun or Minmus when I had the graphics settings turned up to maximum, I had to turn terrain settings down considerably to make it not happen. I really hope the cause of this has been found and fixed as I remember others had the same problem.

Drain valves sound like they could be useful, but also sound like you could turn one on accidentally and vent all your fuel into space leaving you floating forever in the cold black void... :o

On 1/25/2020 at 8:31 PM, severedsolo said:

Someone, somewhere would complain that KSP reports itself as being 1'9 but their monitor is only showing 19".

And every monitor in Europe would show it as "version 54 centimeters".

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.