KSP Loading...: No Place Like Kerbin

SQUAD

16 hours ago, Stoney3K said:

And every monitor in Europe would show it as "version 54 centimeters".

Nope, not anymore. We have inches for screens now. And K for resolution it seems. I don't know how they keep the screen at 4 Kelvin, but it seems to be an advertisable characteristics. But gosh, it gets cold.

On 1/25/2020 at 8:11 PM, severedsolo said:

That's a good point. If KSP is no longer restricting warp to altitude, are people going to start warping through planets?

As other people have said, make it an advanced tweakable. I'm not waiting another 5 minutes of sitting around doing nothing because I'm at the edge of Jool's SOI with close to no fuel. Or just waiting through any planetary transfer when it could easily be done in half the time. Maybe the timewarp restrictions could raise from 100,000x to 500,000x when a SOI is left. Not that the in-SOI restrictions shouldn't be lifted.

12 hours ago, cdpch2057 said:

I noticed that the desert launch complex and the Woomerang launch site are a bit empty, especially the second one...
Have you ever thought about adding more buildings to those sites?:confused:

I'm more concerned about the performance drops around the other launch sites. The ex-easter egg 'abandoned' runway runs fine though.

2 hours ago, MechBFP said:

In the future

Unless... Maybe SQUAD will create 2 wormholes, one travelling at high speeds, so that it moves slower through time. The stationary wormhole is further into the future than the other one, so SQUAD could send their files through it and send the patch back in time with a note saying 'release 1.9 and try not to break reality'.

On 1/29/2020 at 4:35 PM, Bej Kerman said:

I'm more concerned about the performance drops around the other launch sites. The ex-easter egg 'abandoned' runway runs fine though.

Unless... Maybe SQUAD will create 2 wormholes, one travelling at high speeds, so that it moves slower through time. The stationary wormhole is further into the future than the other one, so SQUAD could send their files through it and send the patch back in time with a note saying 'release 1.9 and try not to break reality'.

That is clearly the first thing we'd do with such a technology...

I don't know how I missed this post last week. This is just fabulous. The warp alone is enough, but Kerbin just looks great.  

What I see here is KSP keeping itself relevant even after the release of KSP2.  I have a feeling there is a lot of life left in this game.  And frankly, I got into this game much later than many of the folks on the forum, and I actually cannot believe the number of updates and changes.  I paid full price for KSP and then bought both the DLCs. Not the cheapest in the world at the outset (but also far from the most expensive), but considering the support and hours spent, the best value by far.

Just now, KerbMav said:

Just a crazy random thought:

A 1.8.1.1 release adding the graphics updates only - for those that like to stay on 1.8.1 a bit longer until the mods catch up? :D

Virtually all mods (except Kopernicus, if it has even been updated yet) will work just fine on 1.9 with no issues. There does not appear to be any major foundational changes in this version. Perhaps only those mods that touch time warp could be impacted.

On 2/1/2020 at 2:23 AM, MechBFP said:

Virtually all mods (except Kopernicus, if it has even been updated yet) will work just fine on 1.9 with no issues. There does not appear to be any major foundational changes in this version. Perhaps only those mods that touch time warp could be impacted.

pretty much most of the mods should work OOTB with 1.9 from 1.8.1. We always work to limit the impact on mods as much as possible. 1.8 was a big one because we updated the underlying Unity Engine.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.