Jump to content

[1.12.x] Bureaucracy - Monthly Budgets, Reimagined (1.5.1 - 13/08/2021)


severedsolo
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello.

 

I've been running around patching mods that use KACAPI to use the native built in timer in KSP instead.  Yours was one of them.  Here is the pull request from my tested, working work.  You are more than welcome to it:

https://github.com/severedsolo/Bureaucracy/pull/12

The test binary (and source with MIT License)  is also available for interested users.  It is for testing purposes only and I have no plans to update/maintain it, but it does work.

https://github.com/R-T-B/Bureaucracy/releases

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, R-T-B said:

I've been running around patching mods that use KACAPI to use the native built in timer in KSP instead.  Yours was one of them.  Here is the pull request from my tested, working work.  You are more than welcome to it:

Hey man, thank you very much I appreciate it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, severedsolo said:

Hey man, thank you very much I appreciate it!

No problem.  Don't mind the commit log, it actually works well now.  First attempt had a bug or two but I now think it's pretty usable code. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So once this is ready, how will it interact with BARIS, Classic Stock Resources, and Kerbal Health? Is it a good idea to try to mix them, or would they conflict?

Edited by FirroSeranel
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Bureaucracy 1.5 Released!

  • Recompile against KSP 1.12.2 - not compatible with 1.11.x or earlier.
  • Add support for OPM in the CBK config (thanks Gordon-Dry)
  • Alarms are now handled by the stock Alarm Clock (thanks R-T-B).
  • Added "Bank of Kerbin" script. You can now store and withdraw funds (no auto-allocation right now, that will come later).
  • UI now properly scrolls - this indirectly fixes the issue where the Crew Training dialog would go off screen.
  • Retirement dates will no longer be saved if Retirement is disabled.
  • Retirement dates will now correctly regenerate if Retirement is re-enabled after being disabled.
  • Mod will add an alarm for when Kerbals are going to be done training.
  • Mod will now intelligently identify if the KCT warning should be shown.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, -MadMan- said:

Deposit doesn' t have % ?  (

Bad Bank of Kerbin.

Raise an enhancement request on Github and outline what you would like from it - BoK isn't finished - this is just a first pass.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Something adds some 0.5-1 Science Points when the game is loaded and I think it's Bureaucracy. I remember saving the game with 49.x Science Points (I think it was 49.9 but can't remember exactly) but after loading today I have 50.3.  And I found these entries in the KSP.log just a fraction of a second after Awake entries, which I think mark game start:

[LOG 19:27:18.835] [UiApp] Awake: Contracts
[LOG 19:27:18.835] [UiApp] Awake: KSPedia
[LOG 19:27:18.835] [UiApp] Awake: Missions App
[LOG 19:27:18.835] [UiApp] Awake: AlarmClock

(...)

[LOG 19:27:19.092] [Bureaucracy]: [email protected] completed. Adding 0.05036978 science
[LOG 19:27:19.093] [Bureaucracy]: Science Event SITE (Kerbin space high Arid Midlands) completed
[LOG 19:27:19.093] [Bureaucracy]: [email protected] completed. Adding 0.55467 science
[LOG 19:27:19.094] [Bureaucracy]: Science Event SITE (Kerbin space low) completed
[LOG 19:27:19.094] [Bureaucracy]: Adding 0.209728 for [email protected]

  What are these?

Edited by JebIsDeadBaby
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, JebIsDeadBaby said:

Something adds some 0.5-1 Science Points when the game is loaded and I think it's Bureaucracy. I remember saving the game with 49.x Science Points (I think it was 49.9 but can't remember exactly) but after loading today I have 50.3.  And I found these entries in the KSP.log jast a fraction of a second after Awake entries, which I think mark game start:

[LOG 19:27:18.835] [UiApp] Awake: Contracts
[LOG 19:27:18.835] [UiApp] Awake: KSPedia
[LOG 19:27:18.835] [UiApp] Awake: Missions App
[LOG 19:27:18.835] [UiApp] Awake: AlarmClock

(...)

[LOG 19:27:19.092] [Bureaucracy]: [email protected] completed. Adding 0.05036978 science
[LOG 19:27:19.093] [Bureaucracy]: Science Event SITE (Kerbin space high Arid Midlands) completed
[LOG 19:27:19.093] [Bureaucracy]: [email protected] completed. Adding 0.55467 science
[LOG 19:27:19.094] [Bureaucracy]: Science Event SITE (Kerbin space low) completed
[LOG 19:27:19.094] [Bureaucracy]: Adding 0.209728 for [email protected]

  What are these?

It's the daily budget catching up with itself. The budget runs (approximately) every 1 solar day on your homeworld. However, if you happen to leave the scene before a full day has passed, you won't get the reward. So when the mod loads, it checks when the last update was and catches itself up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey, just wanted to say I've been having a blast with this mod! Who knew budgeting a space program could be fun? :D

Quick question: if I want for funds to be more meaningful (e.g. I have some incentive to build cheaper/reusable rockets), what should I do?  Disable budget caps and decrease rep rewards to compensate?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Tonas1997 said:

Quick question: if I want for funds to be more meaningful (e.g. I have some incentive to build cheaper/reusable rockets), what should I do?  Disable budget caps and decrease rep rewards to compensate?

If you are planning to go interplanetary, in my experience this is a problem that solves itself later in the game - I turn on Rep Decay (at about 5/10%) - although I have plenty of money in the "Apollo era" - when I'm going interplanetary it's not unusual for a launch to cost me 400-500k funds which obviously takes a big chunk out of the budget. Without flying other missions, the rep is decaying between launches and you find yourself on a tight budget.

Otherwise, you could turn down the multiplier, or the rep rewards as you said.  Or you could allocate less money to Funds and give your Construction and Research departments more budget.

Edited by severedsolo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, severedsolo said:

If you are planning to go interplanetary, in my experience this is a problem that solves itself later in the game - I turn on Rep Decay (at about 5/10%) - although I have plenty of money in the "Apollo era" - when I'm going interplanetary it's not unusual for a launch to cost me 400-500k funds which obviously takes a big chunk out of the budget. Without flying other missions, the rep is decaying between launches and you find yourself on a tight budget.

Otherwise, you could turn down the multiplier, or the rep rewards as you said.  Or you could allocate less money to Funds and give your Construction and Research departments more budget.

Thanks! By the way, what happens if I uncap the budgets? Does the remainder get redistributed according to the next budget allocation percentages, or does it stay in its respective department?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Tonas1997 said:

Thanks! By the way, what happens if I uncap the budgets? Does the remainder get redistributed according to the next budget allocation percentages, or does it stay in its respective department?

The departments still get allocated the monthly budget, as per the allocations. The only difference is that your funds aren't capped, so you'll get given the "funding" departments money on top of your existing funds.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

I recently completed an experiment that yielded 165 science points, but I couldn't find it on the "research" panel and didn't get the science yet. My yearly capacity is at around 150 points, so do I need to wait for the next budget?

Also, I'm playing with Kerbalism's science module, but it hasn't given me trouble so far.

 

Edited by Tonas1997
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Tonas1997 said:

I recently completed an experiment that yielded 165 science points, but I couldn't find it on the "research" panel and didn't get the science yet. My yearly capacity is at around 150 points, so do I need to wait for the next budget?

Also, I'm playing with Kerbalism's science module, but it hasn't given me trouble so far.

 

If Kerbalism has generated the science then it should show in the research panel. Can I get a log from the time the experiment completed (and thus should have been passed to Bureaucracy).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, severedsolo said:

If Kerbalism has generated the science then it should show in the research panel. Can I get a log from the time the experiment completed (and thus should have been passed to Bureaucracy).

Hmm, sadly I restarted the game after that playthough :/ 

Oh well, I'll write that experiment to the Bureaucracy scenario in my persistent.sfs file and look out for any further problems.

EDIT: for reference, I'm still playing on 1.4 as my modpack runs on KSP version 1.10 rip

Edited by Tonas1997
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Roger! I did manage to find the old log somewhere else but it didn't show anything out of the ordinary: the experiment was correctly registered by Bureaucracy. Here's the player-prev.log, if you want to take a look. The experience is called "[email protected]".

In the meanwhile, my probe entered another SOI, started recording the same experiment and now Bureaucracy promply displayed it as being researched, so it could have been a one-time thing lol

Also, would it be easy/possible/not-much-of-a-bother to backport the UI fixes to 1.4? When I have a lot of queued experiences it's impossible to read the research window - and I can't imagine the nightmare it will be once my astronaut roster grows past its own as well! :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...