Meeh Aerospace (Normal Ps4 DLC)

ShaggyTed

I decided to document my normal career mode playthrough after spending my first in easy and learning the basics. It is definitely a much larger challenge this time and makes me think much more about what I am putting up. Ive managed to get to Dres, Duna, Ike, Mun, Minmus, an Eve flyby, and fairly grasp rendevous (although I am sure not in the most efficient way).

This is a ps4 playthrough with DLC content and I am now in day 5 of Year 1. I have ground stations and CommNet in in hopes this will help ease some heavy framerate drops (the more part count I had in orbit with satellites and a refueling outpost the worse it got) by not having so many satellites in orbit for a network. I am still learning antennas so I am expecting obvious communication problems and welcome suggestions on low satellite count networks. I have done the basic grind of science in most of the biomes around KSC and others through the different launchpads.

Today I pickup on my first rescue missions (didn't bother in easy not understanding the value of free kerbals lol) and also attempting three at once. Should be fun! 

My first of the three encounters lined up with jeb at the helm.

dp6PkqK.jpg

Got a trophy for this too!!

bApJEmv.jpg

And now I have me a new scientist, meet Cernard Kerman lol

GSr4e2P.jpg

I'll be back with the next rendevous shortly! Going much better than I anticipated.

Got number two in my sights.lSz3gcu.jpg

Say hello to my new engineer Dinnie lol these names.

tcn6lnH.jpg

Was a bit worried about how fast I was coming at number three.

LIPjVRw.jpg

I think this guy was REALLY happy to see us lol Meet Lagercus Meeh Aerospace's newest pilot.

w8lrXHD.jpg

As jeb looks out the window he wonders what this could possibly mean for this crew or the program itself!?!?!?

hLpvFfk.jpg

So we made it down safely and need to decide, shall a Mun or Minmus flyby be next or more passengers for cash. Decisions, decisions.....

pE3jM5Q.jpg

Edited by ShaggyTed

We have offically tried for the Mun with an unmanned probe/satellite and got some science to begin work on Kerbalprise A1yOCxNeC.jpg

After gathering basic science, we altered MunprobSat to a polar orbit and continue work on Kerbalprise A1BmESoDN.jpg

Meeh Aerospace is proud to present our first MunLander Mission (after only mere days of development and no testing, this is the way...)  Kerbalprise A1

ki1qont.jpg

dcKjGFB.jpg

Launch is scheduled the 9th day of Year 1. God speed you endeverorous Kerbals!!

After a failed attempt due to a minor oversight in atmospheric pressure calculating TWR, Kerbalprise A1a has beencscheduled for launch the 11th day of Year 1........MOAR Boosters needed :/

IA0TZwC.jpg

Another interesting shot of the eclipse I missed earlier.....CbqXtlW.jpg

Edited by ShaggyTed

Refusing to redesign the entire platform and miss this opportunity, they throw out another design they swear will make it......maybe.....the numbers look good they said......JeXCd9t.jpg

"Cluster engines fix everything don't they!?!?!, they mutter under their breath as they walk away....launch scheduled for the 14th day of Year 1.....

Edited by ShaggyTed

While we made orbit again, it was believed we had more than enough to get the lander to the MunIikv12E.jpg

VcMXczO.jpg

But little did we know (no testing, this is the way.....) a crossfeed valve left open in an incorrectly installed engine shroud left us with no fuel in the transfer stage! It was also noted the incorrectly installed engine shroud did not deploy and release the transfer stage for yet another failure........

HjsX6Ty.jpg

The engineers are brought in and told either you come up with a new and innovative idea to get to the MUN or you're ALL FIRED!!!!

One engineers speaks up and says, "What about launching them seperately? We dont have the thrust for both plain and simple....."

As the entire table facepalms itself, they realize its time to get back to work.....but the meetings isn't over.....They get the bad news that THEY are paying for the last 90k in failed flights!!!

Without docking port technology sending two ships to the moon proves far to costly an endeavour to undertake....

It is decided to send a probe to the moon of Minmus for science and time to research better engines........

Edited by ShaggyTed

Ksc, orbit has been achieved....B6onOAi.jpg

Heading for the Mun......Godspeed KSC.......HthlY8l.jpg

KSC.......if you read us we have acquired Mun orbit....I repeat Mun Orbit acquired.....

lfL9f7D.jpg

Now lets only hope the engineers didn't botch the lander.....eeeesh....they already forgot extra batteries and solar for mothership.... :/

Edited by ShaggyTed

Bob inspects the lander for any signs of damage on the dark side of Mun......

RoDl5Eo.jpg

And Lagercus gives it a once over during a munar dawn....pkfV95b.jpg

Seperation was a success and have begun descent.....IiEcsrw.jpg

KSC!!! We have a perfect landing......all systems intact.....Beginning checklist and retracting landing gear....W4WN3Tc.jpg

KSC, This is Bob and Lagercus coming to you live from the Mun.....and just so you the public know this was NOT filmed in Kerbalzona, we have our beautiful home in the background to prove it!!!Uvthu6m.jpg

Now lets hope this doesn't turn into a rescue mission.....with some left for the lander to return....only time will tell so we are gonna goof off until the rendevous....

Z91L36y.jpg

This is MunRaker1 out....

DZFP2a2.jpg

Edited by ShaggyTed

Launch successful and here is our target intercept KSC...over.....D9RBtDj.jpg

We have intercept but on further inspection of mothership, we realize engineering left another very important component out.......We have NO CHUTES!!!vmdU2BU.jpg

Mothership has enough fuel to return home over. .......We will await further intructions in orbit in comms silence.....We dont want engineering to hear what we will do when we seem them again over.....Hope they didnt hear that over......The only thing they did do right was that new wolfhound engine over .....It had better be on our next flight along with hopefully a new ascent engine over.....We barely made it up over......

nIjQy25.jpg

And so they await in orbit as KSC scrambles a rescue plan......over.........

Meanwhile engineering facepalms and plays blame game over who did what.....No testing, This is the way......

(Can't believe this mission even got this far lol)

Edited by ShaggyTed

Launch successful and here is our target intercept KSC...over.....D9RBtDj.jpg

We have intercept but on further inspection of mothership, we realize engineering left another very important component out.......we have NO CHUTES!!!vmdU2BU.jpg

Mothership has enough fuel to return home over. .......we will await further intructions in orbit in comms silence.....we dont want engineering to hear what we will do when we seem them again over.....hope they didnt hear that over......

nIjQy25.jpg

And so they await in orbit as KSC scrambles a rescue plan......over.........

(Can't believe this mission even got this far lol)

On the 22nd day of Year 1, KSC mounts a rescue mission with Valentina at the helm....

rP2kR5N.jpg

KSC, this is Valentina over ......I have intercept in 1hr 7min over......trying to make contact with Kerbalprise A2a but all I hear is static that sounds like snoring over....

qDf9b3b.jpg

Wake up guys, time to go!!!

97JNflt.jpg

All is well until a malfunctioning separator (no testing, this is the way....) possibly damages the ablator......dLZrUXZ.jpg

Quick thinking in the part of Lagercus saves the crew and as they enjoy the fresh air (apparently too hot to remove helmets for several tries lol) Bob looks at Lagercus and says "Why is there only 5 data on the pod Lag!?!?! I thought you grabbed the data when you found the missing chutes on the mothership!!"

4EnEniM.jpg

Lagercus replies, " Not my job bud, I'm union remember.....that was YOUR JOB...."

Bob facepalms himself and thinks "I wonder how much data IS on the lander......"

e3gl6zU.jpg

MEEEEEEH MEEEEEEEEEEEH MEEEEEEEEEEEH MUUUUUUUURRRRHHHH MUUUURRRRHHHH beep beep beep beep......(roughly translated.....ALL THE DATA.....)

Who put DIAL UP on the satellite!?!?!?!?!? YER FIRED!!!!!

Edited by ShaggyTed

By the 26th day of Year 1, engineering has rolled out the newest Meeh Aerospace Flagship........ 

"We gave her the new Mainsail and Bobcat engines!!!!! It will have more thrust than Jebediah after taco night!!! It also has our newest docking port, RCS, and retractable solar technologies.....The Mun gave us valuable advances so we all suggest B1a have its maiden voyage be the moon of Minmus....."

The KSS Kerbalprise B1a

57GqiEJ.jpgO3PA5Yb.jpg

Next launch will be departure for Minmus, with Jebediah at the helm and Bob as resident scientist, on the 27th day of Year 1.....

Edited by ShaggyTed

Today the 27th day of Year one we embark on a journey to our furthest moon, Minmus.....Godspeed KSS Kerbalprise....pzWXSGF.jpg

We have achieved orbit and ejection for Minmus is a go over....

crvfA7Y.jpg

KSC this is KSS Kerbalprise over....We have achieved Minmus orbit over....Repeat Minmus orbit achieved over.....Spacewalk commenced to do science and give MunRaker 2 a once over...

15utwLV.jpg

KSC this is KSS Kerbalprise, upon embarking MunRaker 2 we have found that the engineers must hate this program over....they failed to install chutes on KSS Kerbalprise yet AGAIN!!!!!! over.....please have rescue mission available for pur return over......AGAIN over.....vAXT6ay.jpg

MunRaker 2 on approach for landing over .....contact after touchdown over....0qiRWuw.jpg

KSC, this is MunRaker 2 over....we have touchdown on Minmus over....Repeat touchdown on Minmus....82w4Zxd.jpg

t1M4JXR.jpg"Hey Bob, they want some of that green stone for fuel research, grab it!!!"ltrkhdj.jpg

KSC this is MunRaker 2, we are departing for KSS Kerbalprise rendevous over.....better have that rescue there over....quicker i get to those engineers the better!!! over......ZHZJYpN.jpgckAtLia.jpg

Side note: this was my most difficult rendevous lol I was pampered in my first playthrough not having tried rendevous until I had leveled pilots and better drones....no target lock was a nightmare for me. The slightest bit off marker and then it was try to figure out which way I was drifting coming at port.....several bounces and almost worst on one approach...glad its over with lol

Edited by ShaggyTed

As KSS Kerbalprise returns to Kerbin orbit the rescue mission departs, far too early lol7eusGEe.jpg

Valentina being the only pilot with rendevous experience launches prematurely but still manages a 1 hour rendevous....."We gotta get some rescue missions going, not sure that new guy knows we aren't union....he is never here sigh....we will check the skies for any fellow kerbals in need of help...."

RcLtRVr.jpg

This is KSS Kerbalprise, how about getting us down first, we do have all that juicy research from Minmus.....would hate to see it go to waste......GET US DOWN NOW!!!!! Three weeks with Jeb after taco night has been Kell!!!!!

Edited by ShaggyTed

Knock knock Kerbalprise, lets get out of here....8SQu88C.jpg

Down safely on the ground the research provided from Minmus and a few of its biomes will lead to some nice technological advances...

hY2DZSu.jpg

As Jeb and Bob gasp at the fresh Kerbin air, the contemplate the many ways the engineers will pay for forgetting the chutes TWICE!!!

xYVBP9Q.jpg

In the meantime, with the outrageous sign on bonus required by Kerbin Law to all new hires, we have decided to take the route of rescuing more employees from other corporations failed endeavours and recruiting them instead.......Kerlennials will be the end of this world.....facepalm.......

After many days of research and assembly (no testing....this is the way) engineering presents the newest flagship for a trip to Mun and Minmus in a single expedition....

The KSS Kerbalprise C1a

QHksTob.jpg

The engineers take note to mention that all chutes ARE included this time with new drag chute technology.....the lander comes with a rover built with full science compliment including scanning arm for research on crater impacts and surface scanner for active biome location data.

WLViudH.jpg

Side note: this was my largest complete craft yet and it barely got up there...entirely stable going up but it took awhile to get to there for sure. The lander also performed well and the loading and unloading of the buggy went incredibly well so I will use this design again.

In the wee hours of the morning, Jeb and Bob depart for Mun and Minmus. Achieving orbit the crew starts their burn for the first stop....The return to Mun

LGRcrBh.jpg

6LyCpgC.jpg

Qr9vpkP.jpg

After achieving orbit at Mun the lander is deployed......on descent Jeb and Bob realize they are missing something important....an engineer to deploy the new solar panels for experiments to remain on Mun!

h5cKo9U.jpg

tFFytXh.jpg

Bob looks at Jeb and says, "Looks like double duty for you today, get those solar panels setup!!"

AjeuDwv.jpg

"Time to get another Mun stone and study some craters....To the buggy!!!!"

tf4Osow.jpg

KSC, this is MunRaker 3....we are returning to lander and departing for KSS Kerbalprise rendevous....Next stop Minmus!!"4f2bONc.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.