Jump to content

Colony building ?


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

What we know, I believe, is at some point there will be a building editor which will be used to build colonies similar to how we build rockets. 

Also, buildings will be subject to the physics of the game as are rockets

That’s gonna be true challenge but a fun one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/26/2020 at 8:48 AM, Dinarte said:

That’s gonna be true challenge but a fun one.

Hopefully we'll have fairly permanent 'anchor' parts and plenty of struts.  Extra mass probably helps a building and probably only costs raw materials for simple struts/banked earth.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Terwin said:

Hopefully we'll have fairly permanent 'anchor' parts and plenty of struts.  Extra mass probably helps a building and probably only costs raw materials for simple struts/banked earth.

 

I’m guessing that you can build “foundations “ for your buildings, judging from the trailer, and raw materials will be “mined” or “ imported “.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

unknown as of yet, but hopefully at least a toggleable basic life support system will be implemented in vanilla to make modded LS systems run smoother

Nate said something about a sort of life support existing but nothing like the mods we know

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Dinarte said:

Is it already comfirmed how many kerbals you need for your colony to build rockets on it, and launch it from there.

As far as I am aware, the only things that have been confirmed are:

Events will grow population

Colonies will eventually be able to build and launch rockets

 

And while I expect that being able to build and launch rockets will depend on certain events(like building a launch pad), I have not seen any reason to expect that there will be a direct link between colony size and  rocket building capability.  (it makes sense to me that there might be a minimum population size/production capability to build the launch pad, but nothing specific has been mentioned, as far as I know)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2020 at 6:55 PM, Terwin said:

As far as I am aware, the only things that have been confirmed are:

Events will grow population

Colonies will eventually be able to build and launch rockets

 

And while I expect that being able to build and launch rockets will depend on certain events(like building a launch pad), I have not seen any reason to expect that there will be a direct link between colony size and  rocket building capability.  (it makes sense to me that there might be a minimum population size/production capability to build the launch pad, but nothing specific has been mentioned, as far as I know)

Do you know what kind of events?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/27/2020 at 9:05 PM, έķ νίĻĻάίή said:

I’m guessing that you can build “foundations “ for your buildings, judging from the trailer, and raw materials will be “mined” or “ imported “.

Foundations of kolonies in the teaser are the only parts clipping into the ground, kolonies are highly elevated, looks like they are some kind of evolved ksp1 launch clamps with node attachment and without decoupling. Hmmpf. Looks like a mod idea.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Hohmannson said:

Foundations of kolonies in the teaser are the only parts clipping into the ground, kolonies are highly elevated, looks like they are some kind of evolved ksp1 launch clamps with node attachment and without decoupling. Hmmpf. Looks like a mod idea.

Yes the foundations works a bit like launch clamps. 
I assume you go into an sort of build mode like you do in the sims games. 

You have seen containers on some ships, I assume they contain parts for bases who you unpack in build mode. At the start it works the same as bases in KSP1, except that you build the base rater than land it. You add living areas, power communication and ISRU and tanks for resources, perhaps labs, pretty much like an current base.  

KSP2 is supposed to have some pretty simple life support system might only be one resource, but hopefully we get some life support system who let them last longer but are so heavy its unpractical on an small ship. 

I suspect that the next level up is then you add greenhouses who make the base self dependent and rater require life support resources it can export it to ship.

Then you make an manufacturing unit who let you build base base parts or at least most base parts from ISRU resources. This might be tiered. 
Final part is then you get the launch pad and can build ships.  
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Curveball Anders said:

As a proud father of 4 kids I know at least one event that can increase the population.

But I think it would push KSP2 into at least PG-13 ...

 

oh no...

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

I spilled my passion fruit juice :( 

Spoiler

sex is fine

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Master39 said:

The screens are frames from the video

If you refer to my worlds Runways are obvious as for domes and hangars, we already knew the VAB and the fuel factories are mentioned in the video as one of the main reason to build colonies.

First I heard of it! Thanks for the link!

Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...