Which feature of KSP 2 attracts you the most?

Which feature of KSP 2 attracts you the most?   

120 members have voted

1. 1. Which feature of KSP 2 attracts you the most? (you may choose more than 1 option)

• New solar systems (and planets)
    • Better graphics
    • Colonization (making new ships on the Mun)
    • Fast and stable physics engine (minimum krakens and lags)
    • New engines and parts (using Orion drive for ahem, testing the survivability of the launchpad)
    • Multiplayer
    • New kerbal emotes (Haha)

4 hours ago, Xd the great said:

Which feature of KSP 2 attracts you the most? As in, I might spend more time on KSP 2 by cutting time out of KSP 1?

Also, no, I am not from the marketing department of Star Theory, nor from Squad.

might help if you establish a maximum picks :P

cant imagine many not filling out the 1st 5

I checked everything except multiplayer, even though I am pleased to see it added and I think it is a great thing to have included I doubt I will use it much myself.

I am just looking forward to KSP2 in general for the overall improvements it seems to offer, from what little we have seen so far.  There aren't any particular features that stand out for me.

The closest to mine is "New Planets/Solar Systems" so I picked that.

But what I'm really most jazzed about is axial tilt and the potential to easily modify systems without the need for mods.

I'm hoping we can edit planetary systems in KSP2 as easily as we can edit parts in KSP1.

I don't know why people aren't as excited about multiplayer as new star systems, which can be added with mods in KSP 1 with relative ease. This is huge, we can build colonies or send huge fleets of ships to other planets and star systems together! That is something KSP 1 could have never (and most likely will never) achieve.

Edited by Vinhero100

1 hour ago, Vinhero100 said:

I don't know why people aren't as excited about multiplayer as new star systems, which can be added with mods in KSP 1 with relative ease. This is huge, we can build colonies or send huge fleets of ships to other planets and star systems together! That is something KSP 1 could have never (and most likely will never) achieve.

I've yet to come across any game capable of causing my PC to smell like yeast. Even if such a groundbreaking feat of science would suddenly become possible I wouldn't care for it.

Bad jokes aside your reasoning is just incomplete: Not everyone takes an interest in playing with someone else, regardless of the option existing or not.

1 hour ago, Vinhero100 said:

I don't play multiplayer games in general, and never play multiplayer in single player games with multiplayer tacked on.

2 hours ago, Vinhero100 said:

I don't play multiplayer. Most people I know only play FPS, which I suck at and don't enjoy playing.

This sounds like a good question for a poll, but in another section of the forum.

4 hours ago, Vinhero100 said:

I'm with you bro, factorio is single player oriented but playing in servers with a group is fun because you see the rapid progression as well as dicking round and being stupid en mass. Also sharing blueprints and learning other quirks people have found really helps refine each other's abilities in the game. Also, running a space program solo gets exhausting after a certain amount of infrastructure is built and having helping hands would be really useful. 

And then there's the game evolution possibilities... Bd armory servers in this game will be its own unique experience. Dogfights testing not only piloting but engineering skills as well? Omg yes. Space race with launching attacks at one another with nukes from different side of kerbin or even different planets?! Dear God let it happen. 

More content (covers 4/7 poll options): Meh, add it (or mod it) in later.
Better graphics: I still play DooM (1). Graphics are overrated.
Multiplayer: Maybe. I probably won't use it though.

You know what I do want from KSP2? I want a game engine that allows me to build moderately large craft without slowing to a crawl, add a handful of mods without immersion eviscerating garbage collection freezes, and interact with planetary surfaces without encountering ragequit-inducing physics jank.

8 minutes ago, steve_v said:

You know what I do want from KSP2? I want a game engine that allows me to build moderately large craft without slowing to a crawl, add a handful of mods without immersion eviscerating garbage collection freezes, and interact with planetary surfaces without encountering ragequit-inducing physics jank.

This. Thank you steve_v for once more spelling out my thoughts.

The thing I want the most is a game loop with more things to do. After thousands of hours I'm a bit bored with KSP 1, and I seem to be the kind of person who can't just set themselves a goal and achieve it -- I need the game to give me REASON to, idk, to build a certain type of space station, or land on a hard to reach planet. 

That's not to say KSP 1 is bad, far from it! I love that game to bits, it just feels like I've kinda played it to the end.

Edited by breakthesystem

35 minutes ago, breakthesystem said:

...and I seem to be the kind of person who can't just set themselves a goal and achieve it -- I need the game to give me REASON ...

I can understand your point. Personally though, I never felt like that in KSP. I only ever play sandbox (and that's since version 0.9) and still have a very long list of things I want to do. I never felt the need for a career game at all.

6 hours ago, steve_v said:

QFT.  My vote is pretty much summed up in the above.

But I would go a step further and say that part-count and craft size should have no noticeable impact on performance. 10 parts, or 1000 parts, should perform the same.  That is what I want out of an updated engine.

(Being a developer, and knowing a few things about physics sim coding, I fully realize that what I desire is technically impossible; any added complexity -will- impact performance; the KSP2 dev's duty, is to ensure that this impact threshold is below that which would be noticeable, by actually optimizing for that goal, rather then just using 'whatever Unity provides')

21 hours ago, steve_v said:

Yep; right on the head here. That's literally all i want from KSP2; everything else is fluff to me.

Colonisation for sure. I love base building and in vanilla KSP1 it is pretty severely limited -- other than ISRU there really isn't much gameplay in it. I also very rarely build craft big enough that the physics engine's limitations become a problem.

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, έķ νίĻĻάίή said:

Even multiplayer? EVEN INTERSTELLAR TRAVEL?!!??! EVEN MOAR BUGS!?!!?

Reveal hidden contents

Honestly though yeah I agree

I didn't play well with others as a kid; that's why i'm a gamer in the first place xD

Interstellar travel while novel; is just more of the same.

And the kracken will always be close....