What are your quirky habits in KSP?

Castille7

• As others, I use the same action groups on all my craft.  BTW, mine are right and perfect; yours are all just... Very very wrong!  ;-D
  • As others, I can't leave junk in orbit.  I redesigned my rocket launch vehicle because the second stage had enough fuel to make it all the way to orbit.  Had to cut back on fuel so it just fell into the sea.
  • I always disable the cockpit/cabin lights from the "U" key (can't stand that, destroys my pilots night vision!)
  • I make the landing gear lights turn on/off automatically when pressing "G" key  (so that means I turn gear lights ON with initial engine staging at launch)
  • I deploy/retract flaps and so forth with the "G" key as well (I have 2 modes of flight: Clean and Takeoff/Landing, and that's pretty much it)
  • As a result of the last bullet, I have begun staging the initial flight configuration for takeoff/landing too (I love to see the lights come on and flaps moving when I stage the engine ON)
  • I only recover my aircraft and space planes in front of the SPH door/walkway by that little sidewalk nearer to the tower
  • I only use red light in space for cargo bays (again, need to preserve my night vision while traversing the dark side)
  • Must be able to enter/exit the craft without retracting the landing gear as a cheat
  • Memorial:  if a kerbal dies, I name the next unsponsored station or relay after them  (helps me get over the personal guilt and not revert back to a save from 3 missions ago)
  • Sponsors:  I name relays and stations after the contract corporate sponsor.  I take particular pride in the orbital installations that share 2 or 3 sponsor names!

On 2/3/2020 at 8:44 PM, Immashift said:

After my 70th launch to fuel my fuel stop space station, after being completely convinced that my launcher will get that tank into orbit 100% of the time, I can tell you, it's more fun to simply port the mess into orbit rather than go through another launch, and intercept, and docking.

I would accept this approach if you documented the net cost and time required to complete the mission and also adjusted your costs via the cheat menu accordingly.  For me, if I can document the average net cost of a given mission (maybe over 3 missions), I can then convert that to a unit cost for fuel delivery.  Then I can just use a cheat to increase a station commodity and decrease my credit balance.  To me, that just adds an element to the game that should already exist.  The ability to create my own specific resupply mission scripts and automate them based on a proven track record.

Edited by XLjedi

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.