Why don't I miss the space station mission?

If any part of the station comes from craft that were launched before you accepted the contract then it won't count as new.

Every part of the station must have been built and launched after you took the contract. You may be able to undock any older parts and send up new replacement parts if that's what happened.

Edited by HvP

6 hours ago, jaunco325 said:

All the pieces of that ship were released after accepting the contract. but some had to make a supply stop at another aspacial station before arriving at it, (I don't know if that counts)

Well, a simple refueling stop where you dock, transfer fuel, and undock at the same docking port does not count. But if you pick up a transfer stage or whatever, then that stage is "old" and needs to be detached for the station to count as "new". I don't know what happens if you dock, and then split off a part of the new craft. I think it then still counts as "new", but I don't know for sure.

Also, what do you mean with "released"? "New" means that you clicked "launch" in the VAB or SPH after the contract was accepted. If it was already on the launchpad or anywhere else when you accepted the contract then it isn't "new".

Edited by AHHans
Changed wording to improve clarity.

I was looking at the details:

https://prnt.sc/qvqf2p

the contract was accepted 364 days ago, the ship in question has 118 days, it did not take the time of the oldest ship in which they refueled fuel because it had approximately 390 days. and the ships were built 0 after accepting the contract (unless you count on using a construction plan prior to that date)

2 hours ago, jaunco325 said:

the contract was accepted 364 days ago, the ship in question has 118 days,

The "Mission Elapsed Time" like it is displayed in the top left gets reset on different kind of occasions during flight. (I think whenever you dock or undock from something, but I never really payed attention to it.) This makes it completely useless for checking if a craft is eligible for a certain contract.

If I see it correctly then your station consists of multiple parts. What you can do is undock the parts one by one, and see on which sub-part(s) the green marker for "this is a new craft" on the contract display is set.

Although it may not be the most satisfying answer, you can force the contract to be complete from the cheat menu.

If you press ALT+12 there is a category on the left for "Contracts." If you feel it's justified you can find the station contract in the list that shows up and press the button to mark it completed.

21 hours ago, AHHans said:

The "Mission Elapsed Time" like it is displayed in the top left gets reset on different kind of occasions during flight. (I think whenever you dock or undock from something, but I never really payed attention to it.) This makes it completely useless for checking if a craft is eligible for a certain contract.

If I see it correctly then your station consists of multiple parts. What you can do is undock the parts one by one, and see on which sub-part(s) the green marker for "this is a new craft" on the contract display is set.

it didn't work either

20 hours ago, HvP said:

Although it may not be the most satisfying answer, you can force the contract to be complete from the cheat menu.

If you press ALT+12 there is a category on the left for "Contracts." If you feel it's justified you can find the station contract in the list that shows up and press the button to mark it completed.

thanks for the advice, i just did

Thanks to all for the help

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.