Green Skull Revived

Jiraiyah

Current Version : 1.8.x

Download : SpaceDoc

Green Skull Suit was always my favorite suit texture in KSP, Unfortunately, the main developer of the textures didn't update them for a long time.

With addition of MKS, And a DLC that gives you new suit, this texture pack really needed some work. So, Here you have it guys, new Suit pack, in two different flavors for your kerbals, if you have the DLC, using texture replacer, you can switch to futuristic suit and have a glorious full set of suites for all MKS variations !!!

This mod needs Texture Replacer !!!!

Here are some samples for taste, you can find the full gallery link bellow

9mh8wI2.png

kj0C7nf.png

emydxR4.png

OLDTQuU.png

AOvukg0.png

JJGAJfA.png

VM2R7tW.png

Full Gallery Link

License : MIT

Edited by Jiraiyah

19 hours ago, severedsolo said:

Nice, I always enjoyed the Green Skull suits

Just a heads up before the moderators come along - your download link is broken (guessing you mispasted the url?) and you don't seem to have included a license.

Added the MIT license at the end of the post, the link in space doc for download is ok though, because it's a big file, you may want to download it with a download manager

20 hours ago, severedsolo said:

your download link is broken

53 minutes ago, Jiraiyah said:

the link in space doc for download is ok though

Nah, this mod isn't published yet, you need to click "Publish this Mod" on SpaceDock.

On 1/31/2020 at 1:42 PM, Jiraiyah said:

i wonder how long will it take to show up in ckan now

See above :)

58 minutes ago, Jiraiyah said:

the link in space doc for download is ok though, because it's a big file, you may want to download it with a download manager

I just get a 401 Unauthorized error - in different browsers and even via TOR. So I assume it's not me.

Spoiler

Unauthorized

The server could not verify that you are authorized to access the URL requested. You either supplied the wrong credentials (e.g. a bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.

Is it possible the mod is not set to public? Did you try accessing your own link while not being logged in? So far I thought it was just an error that it's still uploading/processing.

/Edit: I think HebaruSan just beat me to it :D

Edited by caipi

11 hours ago, caipi said:

I just get a 401 Unauthorized error - in different browsers and even via TOR. So I assume it's not me.

Reveal hidden contents

Unauthorized

The server could not verify that you are authorized to access the URL requested. You either supplied the wrong credentials (e.g. a bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.

Is it possible the mod is not set to public? Did you try accessing your own link while not being logged in? So far I thought it was just an error that it's still uploading/processing.

/Edit: I think HebaruSan just beat me to it :D

That was stupid of me.

Forgot to hit the publish button. Fixed. It should be public now?

2 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

Are you trying to overwrite files from the DLC?

oFZ91AT.png

Yup, Although, it's not working when I tried after upload, in next update I'll remove them, the perpous was to change the color of the lights on the suits but when I tried mm patch it didn't work, so i thought maybe changing the original config would work, but even that won't cause the light colors to change to green by default :(

9 hours ago, Jiraiyah said:

Yup, Although, it's not working when I tried after upload, in next update I'll remove them, the perpous was to change the color of the lights on the suits but when I tried mm patch it didn't work, so i thought maybe changing the original config would work, but even that won't cause the light colors to change to green by default :(

OK, what about the attempts to overwrite files from TextureReplacer (@Default.cfg, Skins/TR)? We can just skip those, is that OK?

https://ci.ksp-ckan.space/job/NetKAN/9175/console

Also your classSuits.cfg has a node for TextureReplacerReplaced. Regular TextureReplacer isn't going to look at that, is it?

16 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

OK, what about the attempts to overwrite files from TextureReplacer (@Default.cfg, Skins/TR)? We can just skip those, is that OK?

https://ci.ksp-ckan.space/job/NetKAN/9175/console

Also your classSuits.cfg has a node for TextureReplacerReplaced. Regular TextureReplacer isn't going to look at that, is it?

O O, I need to relook into that node in the config, the class suits, i will delete it, give me few hours and i will change these things :

1- will remove the class suits,

2- will remove the squad configs

but for the default settings in texture replacer, there is the class suits section i am over writing there, not sure if i could do it with mm patch or not, if someone can provide the mm patch to over write these settings then i can remove that file too

Will this patch work (not that familiar with MM)?

@TextureReplacer[*]:NEED[TextureReplacer]:AFTER[TextureReplacer]
{
	@ClassSuits
	{
		%Biologist = GreenSkull\Biologist
		%Engineer = GreenSkull\Engineer
        %Farmer = GreenSkull\Farmer
        %Geologist = GreenSkull\Geologist
        %Kolonist = GreenSkull\Kolonist
        %Mechanic = GreenSkull\Mechanic
        %Medic = GreenSkull\Medic
        %Miner = GreenSkull\Miner
		%Pilot = GreenSkull\Pilot
        %Quartermaster = GreenSkull\Quartermaster
		%Scientist = GreenSkull\Scientist
        %Scout = GreenSkull\Scout
        %Technician = GreenSkull\Technician
        %Tourist = GreenSkull\Tourist
	}
}

Edited by Jiraiyah

Updated :

- Removed default textures for head skins included in the texture replacer mod itself
- Removed some old configs irrelevant to the skins
- Removed squad config files, using MM patch to patch them now
- Remove default texture replacer configs, using MM to patch them now
- Added patch for "Kerbal Occupation Colors" to change all the kerbal light colors to match the textures on the suit

Known Issue: KSP adds light color for the 4 starting kerbals internal, none of the available solution (changing the default squad config, patching it with MM, Kerbal Occupation Colors or patching this mod) will change the color of light on these 4 kerbals, you need to manually adjust the color to red = 0, green = 1, blue = 0, one time for these kerbals and save your game (they are saved into the persistent save file). But any newly recruited kerbal should work.

4 hours ago, q p said:

Hey Super Cool mod! Love this!

However I get an error when trying to install it via CKAN together with Spectra

I already opened a bug on CKAN side https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/issues/7662 (in case it's their issue) and posting here, in case you can look into it as well. Thanks!

It shouldn't be mine, this is only some textures for texture replacer

57 minutes ago, zer0Kerbal said:

congrats!

Wow, I'm honored

I just saw this mod reviewed and using CKAN I went to install it.

Only to find that it will not turn on the downloading icon button in CKAN.

I checked the box I got the newest game 1.8.1 (2694) But the Apply Changes

button stays grayed out!

And the I have done the newest CKAN update download from the maker of CKAN.

What to do?

any idea's?

thanks. :confused:

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2020 at 9:46 AM, neocrife said:

There is a way to get the old space suit of the GK pack ? I mean, FASA, KO.... etc. Pleasssee !

I have the megapack with all the files still, the "MEGA-Pack-v0.38.zip".

It has them all. But I cant get them to work on RO/RSS/RP1. I dont know much about TR though.

I can supply all the files, but I dont know how to make them work anymore.

I'd be happy with the "standard" FASA "Kerbal States" USA Flag (side flag helmet) & the "Koviet Union" CCCP Flag Suits. Just for "realism" in RSS/RO/RP1

Any takers? Bonus points if you know of ESA, Chinese and/or Indian Space program EVA/IVA suits for TR

Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/19/2020 at 5:36 PM, TranceaddicT said:

FYI, for @Jiraiyah and those using ...

The config files:

MM_SUIT_COLOR_PATCH (lines 21 & 48) & MM_Portriat_Stats_PATCH (line 1)

should be modified to add a 'S" to the :NEED conditionals.

These should be :NEEDS.

Found one more - line 1 in MM_Portrait_Stats_PATCH.cfg needs the same fix. NEED should be NEEDS. Those were the only three errors in my install - @TranceaddicT gets credit for showing me the way! :)

• 2 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.