[1.12.x] SOS (Save Our Settings)

linuxgurugamer

I've always been frustrated by making changes to staging on the launchpad, and then losing those changes when reverting to the editor.  Ergo, this mod.

SOS will allow you to save changes made to the staging, axis groups and action groups while on the launch pad and runways.  It works silently except when  you actually do a revert after making some changes.

When doing a revert, you will be presented with toggles below the revert/pause menu which will let you select which group to save.  In order to do this I had to reimplement the Pause menu as you will see in the following images:

A normal pause before a revert will display the following menu:

uZpASPU.png

A pause after changing the staging will have the following:

HS5SLsI.png

and a pause after changing all three will be:

YekEhGG.png

The (BLSG not available) refers to Better Load Save Game, which will be released in a few days.  Due to the way the menu is implemented, I can't access the normal Load Save Game menu item.

There is a settings page which will allow you to specify the defaults for each of the toggles in the Pause dialog.  The default is enabled for all three:

P8SMuBl.png

Dependencies

Availability

Available via CKAN

This is a new release, as such there may be bugs.  There is a toolbar button called SOS.  The button writes debugging information to the Player.log file.  It would be very helpful if, upon finding an issue, that you follow these steps to get the necessary data into the log file:

1. Start in either the VAB or SPH
  2. Launch your vessel
  3. Make whatever changes you want to the Staging, Action groups or Axis groups.  Do NOT launch or stage.
  4. Click the SOS button in the Flight scene
  5. Revert to the editor, after 4 seconds it will automatically dump some more data to the log file
  6. Send me the Player.log

Thanks  @Retro Starship and @Geonovast  for preliminary testing

Edited by linuxgurugamer

On 1/31/2020 at 2:10 PM, Drew Kerman said:

the top two buttons are out of line. Totally unusable :D:wink:

You don't need to use it, if you think that's too much of a problem

Sorry, I was somewhat irritable when I wrote this

Edited by linuxgurugamer

14 hours ago, vardicd said:

I still don't understand what buttons are being discussed. :confused::/

The top two buttons in the first images I posted weren’t lined up with the rest because they were from an earlier beta.  I replaced the images with updated ones.  @Drew Kerman made fun of them, which irritated me a bit since the post did say it was under construction

48 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@Drew Kerman made fun of them, which irritated me a bit since the post did say it was under construction

It's a common joke in the gamer community, usually said as "Totally unplayable." It refers to small bugs or graphical errors that don't actually affect gameplay. At least that's the way I read it.

@linuxgurugamer This will be an insta-install for me, thanks for all you do.

Edited by leatherneck6017

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

The top two buttons in the first images I posted weren’t lined up with the rest because they were from an earlier beta.  I replaced the images with updated ones.  @Drew Kerman made fun of them, which irritated me a bit since the post did say it was under construction

Oh, it was apparently a small enough variation that I couldn't notice it. thanks for explaining though.

• 2 weeks later...

New release, 0.0.1.1

• Fixed staging, axis and actions always being done when reverting even if nothing changed    
  • Disabled restoring changed settings when reverting to launch, subject to further investigation

As soon as I find the problem with reverting on the launch pad, I'll re-enable that part of the mod.  For now, if you revert to launch, any settings changes will be lost.  Reverting to the editor (SPH or VAB) does work.

Please note that Spacedock is not working properly for uploads right now, download the file manually from GitHub here:

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/SOS/releases/tag/0.0.1.1

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 2 months later...

New release, 0.0.1.2

• Made each window's id unique
  • Added a debug mode, settable in the setting screen, to control whether the data dump buttons are shown in Flight and Editor
  • Removed GUI.WindowFunction from the calls in OnGUI
  • Made the DebugStuff class always loaded

This removes the button since it was confusing.  The button is only needed if a log file needs to be sent to me

• 1 month later...

Hi.

I've just installed this mod, I didn't have Better Load Save Game installed. When I paused my game, the pause menu looked like this -

Pause-Menu.png

The 'Load Save...' button is actually the save game button.

So I thought ok, Better Load Save Game sounds good, I'll install that as well and see if it clears things up.

The pause menu then looked like this -

Pause-Menu-02.png

So a bit better, but still not right.

If I pause the game in the KSC view, the pause menu is ok -

Pause-Menu-03.png

My Player_Log file is here, if needed. (I think that'll work, let me know if it doesn't)

Umm, what else... I'm playing on Windows 7, using the 64bit version, I have both DLCs, game version 1.9.1.

I have quite a few other mods installed, but these were added on their own yesterday. I didn't start a new game, I loaded up my career save.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...