Deleted craft files keep reappearing

Whenever I start my sandbox save, I go to my SPH and click open, and I see a bunch of planes. I don't want these planes, so I use the "delete" button in the "open" panel of the SPH. It doesn't work. So I go into the saves/[save]/ships/SPH and just delete them. They disappear if I delete them with the game running. However, as soon as I reopen the save, these ships somehow find a way to return from the great beyond right back to the saves/[save]/ships/SPH folder. How do I delete these .craft files so that they won't keep returning?

And no, these are not [stock] crafts that I'm talking about. They are in /saves/(save file)/ships/SPH, not the [Stock] craft folder. These are not stock .craft files. These are crafts that I have either downloaded and place into the saves/(save file)/ships/SPH folder, or that I have made myself and saved in-game. Not Stock craft.

Also, Steam Cloud is disabled.

Edited by hfijgo
increasing clarity, again, again

1 hour ago, Commander Jebidiah said:

The crafts that are created in your saves are located in "save > [Save Game Name] > SPH/VAB"

These are the ones that I keep trying to delete. Not stock craft. They are crafts that I have either downloaded and place into the saves/(save file)/ships/SPH folder, or that I have made myself and saved in-game.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, NightPhantom5 said:

I'm having the same problem. Craft files that have dependencies on different mods that I don't have installed anymore are still appearing even when I go into the actual file location and delete them. (Rebooting doesn't do anything.)

I assume you play the game through steam?

Try to delete the craft files not directly in the game directory but ingame through the "load craft" menu of the editor, then quit the game properly (no alt+F4, go through the menus).
For some kinda weird reason, the steam cloud for KSP is configured to backup your craft files as well, so as soon as you delete them "outside" the game, steam will just think "oh, there is something missing, let me restore that for you" so you get them back all the time. Though, if you delete the files ingame and then quit, steam will update the information in the cloud to remove these files instead of restoring them on the next game launch.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.