The Gee force challenge

Quite simple, really!

Your task is to produce the highest possible Gee force with stock parts (dlc allowed) and physics, and without cheating in general.

Yes, K-drives allowed. (They go to a different category though)

Rules-

No teleporting, no mods, stock physics, no billywinks, no scoolidumps, no tiddywinkels, etc, etc, etc. 

Your craft must be manned! Because... :p

People and what Gee force they got will be listed below, highest to lowest!              And  PICTURES! (F3)

Also, the Gee force only has to happen to count. You don't have to hold it for a period of time, etc, etc. As long as the Kerbal experiences the Gee force it counts. Yes, if the Kerbal is in eva when the Gee force hits, it counts as well.

Edited by έķ νίĻĻάίή

15 minutes ago, έķ νίĻĻάίή said:

Yup. Stock includes DLCs

O.K. Just let me disable "Part G-Force Limits"...

XaHpzUR.png

Only 54g???

(Well, with the limits the parts fail at 50g.)

Edited by AHHans

V0axrF5.png

Hmmm... at 57g (or 100 rpm as I like to call it) the victim ...err... guinea pig ...err... passenger?  Yes, passenger cabins! So the passenger cabins tend to warp out of their holding structure and take flight.

(Unfortunately the F3-window cannot be moved, otherwise you could see Bill in flight after ripping loose from the centrifuge.)

Edit:

Yupp! Warp-effect it is.

YJsqMwi.png

(Well, that's what you get if you stop the centrifuge mid-warp.)

P.S. Are you sure that you want to allow robotic parts? :cool:

Edited by AHHans

16 minutes ago, Space Nerd said:

Maybe you forgot to disable part g limits.

No maybe there, and also not really forgot. I didn't mind parts falling apart or Jeb passing out due to g-forces, so I didn't bother to switch off the limits. I also didn't know that Kerbals not only pass out, but also break apart if the g-forces get too high.

And that's not actually the "part limits" but the "Kerbal limits".

I'm not going to lie: you might need a separate leaderboard for K-drive entries :)... My first effort generated this:

Spoiler

z36PxGg.png

My second, from which Jebediah did not, sadly, walk away, was much higher still:

Spoiler

dT1GmlM.png

Edited by dnbattley
Second attempt...

1 hour ago, dnbattley said:

I'm not going to lie: you might need a separate leaderboard for K-drive entries :)... My first effort generated this:

Reveal hidden contents

z36PxGg.png

My second, from which Jebediah did not, sadly, walk away, was much higher still:

Reveal hidden contents

dT1GmlM.png

Damn! I did not expect k-drives to be that overpowered! Yeah, I’ll need a separate leaderboard...

3 hours ago, AHHans said:

No maybe there, and also not really forgot. I didn't mind parts falling apart or Jeb passing out due to g-forces, so I didn't bother to switch off the limits. I also didn't know that Kerbals not only pass out, but also break apart if the g-forces get too high.

And that's not actually the "part limits" but the "Kerbal limits".

Okay.

2 hours ago, dnbattley said:

Hide contents

z36PxGg.png

Hide contents

dT1GmlM.png

How did you do that?

1 hour ago, Space Nerd said:

How did you do that?

Firing an over-powered Kraken craft at Tylo: the k-drive accelerates it towards the planet at around 50G (reaching a few 10km/s), but when getting within 200m of the ground K drives behave differently, more or less instantly converting the ship velocity to 5-10 m/s in the direction of force. The first result was a "glancing blow" where the ship continued away at 20km/s or so; the second was a direct impact (even though it almost stopped in time, the Lander can where Jeb was sitting still hit the ground)

9 hours ago, dnbattley said:

Firing an over-powered Kraken craft at Tylo: the k-drive accelerates it towards the planet at around 50G (reaching a few 10km/s), but when getting within 200m of the ground K drives behave differently, more or less instantly converting the ship velocity to 5-10 m/s in the direction of force. The first result was a "glancing blow" where the ship continued away at 20km/s or so; the second was a direct impact (even though it almost stopped in time, the Lander can where Jeb was sitting still hit the ground)

That’s... inventive. I’m not gonna question how you got there but ok

4 minutes ago, Space Nerd said:

And how to build a k-drive?

Well, If you want an example... I once built an K-drive "Roomba" powered by landing gear pressed on a reaction wheel. It generates forwards motion (sometimes very overpowered). I don't have a picture of it anymore, but it's on Kerbalx.

4 hours ago, Space Nerd said:

And how to build a k-drive?

The basics of a k-drive are very simple: get a landing leg or wheel. Attach it to a flat object and rotate it so that the object is underneath the leg/wheel, and clipped up into the leg or wheel so that it would have to be compressed to sit on top of it. Set "self-interaction" on both objects to true (either in VAB or, as recommended, in flight with the context menus pinned open so that you can turn it back off), and watch as a force is generated. The complexity comes with controlling the power that it generates, either for more precise gross/fine control, or ensuring that the force is generated in the correct orientation. I've put a few k-drive vehicles up on kerbalX too: https://kerbalx.com/dnbattley/craft

• 4 weeks later...

The Goliakanone Mk4. Let me show you its features! Used as a tongue-in-cheek entry for a fastest goliath-powered craft competition.
EgjSbLQ.png

G-force. 1064 G, but really it should have an extra zero.

oYrUI35.png

The game counts 4176 m/s launch speed. This necessarily had to happen in one frame, as within one frame using Verlet integration, Summer should move about 85 meters. Using Euler, she would move more like 170, beyond the range where the Goliaths can influence the Kerbal in any case.

So naturally, this implies a launch G-force of just over 10000 G (100 km/s^2). The G-force meter ripped me off by a factor of 10. If it had actually taken 10 timesteps, 400 milliseconds, to reach 4000 m/s, at a nice leisurely acceleration of "only" 1000 G, we can see clearly that the "barrel length" would need to be over 800 meters before I stopped accelerating.

Edited by Pds314

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.