Coronavirus

Xd the great

Edit: the tweet above is probably gone because of the following denial:

4 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

*glances distrustfully at two cats*

4 hours ago, sevenperforce said:

If I was a conspiracy theorist, I would say that all of these accomplishments would benefit the far-left in the United States.

But also the left, and any part of the right that can distance itself from Trump's downfall - they'd be the ones supplying any hypothetical expansion of the US welfare state. The far right is also celebrating under #boomerpox because they hate the core Trump electorate...

Who isn't in on this conspiracy?

Edited by DDE

35 minutes ago, DDE said:

But also the left, and any part of the right that can distance itself from Trump's downfall - they'd be the ones supplying any hypothetical expansion of the US welfare state. The far right is also celebrating under #boomerpox because they hate the core Trump electorate...

My gut says #BoomerRemover is a real trend on the left while #boomerpox is trollfarm. The far right gets all its power from Trump.

United States.

People are still working, but some nonprofit organizations, including religious ones and social clubs are being affected. Some have shut down

Yet most people are still working.

Uber and Lyft drivers don't like Corona at all.

The best advice I can give is if you know of a city that has the Corona... don't go there. If your city has the Corona, be watchful and prepare to be ready to kick some Corona Virus butt... by protecting yourself from germs, getting sufficient rest, and drinking orange juice.

If you have not already noticed,  I like orange juice.

Edited by Spacescifi

Learned today the reason why my boss is against us doing home office: he always has the feeling, we (as in: his employees) are cheating him.

Reminds me of the day he decided to introduce an attendance recorder: turned out, he lost big, we never did request even two thirds of the hours we worked overtime.

And no, he still is in denial. I've not decided yet if I'll go to the office on Monday or not (health wise, I should, I do have a higher than average risk), I know though that several customers have a home-office policy already by now.

If any company is suited for home office, it's our's: working remotely is our core business.

Between rock and a hard place :( 

Edited by VoidSquid

Had an info session from my workplace today. Everybody must work from home for the next 14 days unless it's absolutely necessary to come to the office, which requires special approval. Everybody already has a laptop but keyboards and monitors may also be taken home if necessary. Also all scheduled company events have been deferred until further notice, if they cannot be held online. 

I'm already telecommuting so no change for me, but still, good job, workplace.

Edited by Guest

36 minutes ago, VoidSquid said:

Learned today the reason why my boss is against us doing home office: he always has the feeling, we (as in: his employees) are cheating him.

Very healthy team environment right there...

36 minutes ago, VoidSquid said:

Dumb boss. Bet he micromanages too. Does he have a spreadsheet with people, tasks, and time slots?

It is true that telecommuting needs practice, both individually and for the company, and I have a sneaky suspicion that not everybody is temperamentally well suited for it.

On the other hand, many people are temperamentally well suited for it, especially introvert programmer types who get easily immersed in what they're doing; a typical open-plan office is utter murder on their productivity. 

12 hours ago, tater said:

Went to grocery store to get some generic tylenol. People panic shopping. Morons.

They weren't starving last week, they're not gonna starve this week (except now they've screwed up all the supply chains since the store is cleared out of stuff it should not be cleared out of).

Yeah, I had the misfortune of needing to stop at the local grocery store today - just needed a loaf of bread, as I ran out when I made lunch today.  Now that all the toilet paper & hand sanitizer are gone, people are panic buying fresh meat.  So maybe I'm really dumb here, but unless you have a generator to keep your freezer running, how are loads of meat going to help you if society self-destructs and the lights go out?  And I'm guessing people standing in the middle of the store adding up on their calculator app to see if they can afford two packs of ground beef or three probably don't have a home generator.   In comparison, the canned goods didn't look much different than any normal day.

My daughter works at that store, and has told me not only are they out of all the panic buy stuff, their distributor is out as well and has no ETA on being restocked, so the only "disaster" so far is one created by scared people buying stuff that will likely go bad (except the TP) before it ever gets used. 

To put this in perspective - North Carolina is up to 17 cases today.  The closest cases to me (just two, announced today) are an hour drive away, all other known cases are further away.   I'm all for taking precautions to reduce the spread, but I wish people would actually think.  Probably a waste of a good wish though, I don't think its possible on a large scale.

9 minutes ago, Brikoleur said:

It is true that telecommuting needs practice

Even if, it's not that I have 160+ hours overtime... plus 5 weeks payed holidays, taken none so far.

Someone might think I don't love boss from the bottom of my heart ;) 

Edited by VoidSquid

6 hours ago, KerikBalm said:

So, using the criteria previously mentioned, the only allegation that would that pass my first plausibility test, would be that some sort of militant-environmentalists / eco-terrorists are behind it...

Basically the plot of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six novel.  And anyone who's read that will wonder, if a Covid vaccine becomes available quickly - is it the "A" vaccine or the "B" vaccine?  &)

Edited by Cavscout74

3 minutes ago, Cavscout74 said:

some sort of militant-environmentalists / eco-terrorists are behind it...

...who are already defining the political agenda. Better keep my mouth shut, else we're going into a political discussion, which - for good reasons - isn't allowed here.