Coronavirus

Xd the great

8 hours ago, sh1pman said:

Good luck explaining that to the police squad when they catch you outside.:)

Previously unknown portrait of Sergei Sobyanin:

Spoiler

%D0%97%D0%B2%D0%B5%D0%B7%D0%B4%D0%BD%D1%

After toilet paper a new local hype started: the ginger.

Somebody (probably a ginger seller) in internet said that chewing of ginger helps against, and the avalanche runs.

So, a bestseller would be a ginger paper in rolls.

Edited by kerbiloid

Interesting. No one yet mentioned traditional folk medicine against cold-like illnesses: raw garlic and onions. Also honey, which have anti-microbial properties too.

In case anyone's interested: take a slice of bread, smear butter or lard on it, sprinkle future sandwich with generous amount of sliced or chopped garlic or onion, add salt to taste. Enjoy :)

D2WiOp8XgAIQagt.jpg

41 minutes ago, Scotius said:

No one yet mentioned traditional folk medicine against cold-like illnesses: raw garlic and onions. Also honey, which have anti-microbial properties too.

My aunt is, in fact, overloading on garlic. Guaranteed social distancing.

As to public statements, a proponent of garlic and honey would be one Ramzan Kadyrov.

Lest that moment of lucidity last too long, he then suggested summarily executing quarantine violators.

2 hours ago, Scotius said:

No one yet mentioned traditional folk medicine against cold-like illnesses: raw garlic and onions.

According to the press, onion and garlic are officially made must-eat 3 times per day in Russian army, and (rumors) in prisons.

On 3/28/2020 at 5:25 PM, DDE said:

So Russia will be putting its faith exclusively into mefloquine for now.

https://fmbaros.ru/press-tsentr/novosti/detail/?ELEMENT_ID=38052

Russian Academy of Sciences steps up to the platter. They propose domestic production of favipiravir, as well as the home-brewn anti-retrovirals triazavirin and fortepren.

Fortepren®, a product of the phosphorylation of polyprenols from fir needles (with sodium polyprenyl phosphate being the main active ingredient), belongs to the class of antiviral drugs with immunomodulating activity.

:huh:

Edited by DDE
Redundant repetition

Moscow woman with cash in hand learns that heat kills COVID-19.

Spoiler

max_g480_c12_r2x3_pd20

Now she needs to go back to school for Physics, specifically the bit about microwaves.

14 minutes ago, DDE said:

Moscow woman with cash in hand learns that heat kills COVID-19.

Hide contents

max_g480_c12_r2x3_pd20

Now she needs to go back to school for Physics, specifically the bit about microwaves.

And the bit where it dies on paper/plastic after a few hours (results may vary).

7 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

As I also read, outside of human the virus can survive for 3..4 hours.

PSA: Depending on the surface, and the conditions, the virus can survive for hours to days, and traces have been found after more than two weeks in some instances.

The general guidance is that the risk is significantly reduced after 72 hours.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2004973

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-decontamination-in-non-healthcare-settings/covid-19-decontamination-in-non-healthcare-settings

Just read that anti-TB immunization with BCG vaccine has affected the coronavirus mortality very much.

In countries with total BCG vaccination the numbers are from several to several tens times lower than in countries without this.

(Can't bring the link as it's full of politics, but it's Illarionov's blog on echo.)

Russia and China do BCG vaccination. Most of others don't.

Spoiler

837082_600.png

Edited by kerbiloid

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1244489247987564554.html

This is an in the weeds article for hospitalized patients of COVID-19, but pretty interesting. The take away is that proning patients early, not just on vents but with nasal O2 as well, is a good idea. Since I'm a stomach/side sleeper anyway, I'll remember this in the unlikely event that I should find myself admitted for this.