Coronavirus

Xd the great

7 minutes ago, mikegarrison said:

I think you misunderstood. I was showing the Obama Cabinet as a counter-example.

I suspected something like that. If so, I wouldn't call them a particularly striking counterexample.

34 minutes ago, DDE said:

And I'll admit I didn't immediately tell her apart from the President of Croatia.

Dude, this thread is depressing enough, no need to bring her into this.

Also, former president, may she never hold another office.

My friend from Slovakia (who is also younger and better-looking than most of my other friends) says that yes, the people in the masks in that picture are the senior members of the new Slovakian government.

She (my friend, not the President) was working in the UK but is now in quarantine in Slovakia, waiting for approval that she is not sick.

Edited by mikegarrison

Dear fellow Kerbonauts, for the sake of your own health: Please keep a distance of at least one and a half meters between your comments! Thank you!

Edited by Sepone

Ok, so the Apocalypse Bingo keeps on going.

Croatia has so far in 2020 experienced:

A meteor
A pandemic
An earthquake
Multiple fires
And a newest entry - a dangerous dust cloud.

A dust cloud from Karakum desert is making its way across the Europe and is currently over these parts. The rest of Europe soon to follow.

cesticepm10-800x370-1.jpg

7 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

Any unusual grasshoppers around?

Don't give them any ideas. We are already battling with several invasive species, both on land and sea (not class of 2020, so not mention earlier).

And now a litmus test for ex-Soviets in this thread.

...or not. The Revenge of the Sith novel writers have (probably accidentally) managed to turn it into the foreboding of a coup in the Star Wars universe as well:

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Squid_Lake/Legends

If not, this is the most glorious of inside jokes.

"We’re launching a test that can detect COVID-19 in as little as 5 minutes"

Great. Will it scale?

We won't return to normal until most everyone is immune, either through vaccination or having been sick(1). Until then, isolating (only) the infected will be the next best thing. Which requires everyone getting tested every couple of weeks. That's a lot of tests.

(1)This assumes that immunity will last. If it doesn't, there will be a new normal.

7 hours ago, Shpaget said:

Ok, so the Apocalypse Bingo keeps on going.

Croatia has so far in 2020 experienced:

A meteor
A pandemic
An earthquake
Multiple fires
And a newest entry - a dangerous dust cloud.

A dust cloud from Karakum desert is making its way across the Europe and is currently over these parts. The rest of Europe soon to follow.

cesticepm10-800x370-1.jpg

Be glad you’re not in the eastern CONUS or the Caribbean, because signs are pointing towards potentially yet another active Atlantic hurricane season, maybe the most active since 2017. What’s worse is that early signs indicate activity might be increased closer to land, like within the Gulf of Mexico and the majority of the Caribbean. 

2020 is gonna be a rough year for everybody...what’s next? Volcanoes? Aliens? Godzilla? 

[snip]
However current event is the largest event since WW1. US was a bit slow to react had had to react harder, but Sweden and UK followed that trend, here in Norway all stores are open but its restrictions on restaurants and bars. In the capital all the bars and clubs are closed down as people crowded. Was at the mall today and half the stores was closed, this might be because of people not shopping or some deal like you don't have to pay rent if closed down.  

Edited by Vanamonde