[1.12.x] Civilian Population Modernized

linuxgurugamer

Hello @JcoolTheShipbuilder,

Actually I think that might be something wrong with the latest build, if you check my post of "1 of March"

That version was working very well and had 2 icons on right bar for civilian-population that version almost for sure will work.

I am offline right now in terms of KSP cant test it now (remote), but this is my hint that might help to resolve this problem.

Additional note: On those 2 CP icons (right bar in that image that I publish on 1 of march) that will pop one window:

- One will show: the orbit load time, until the next transfer, is this that you need!

- and the other (the main one) will show the current population in your ship.

Cheers!

Whats supposed to happen when a kerbal gives birth? i was switched to the vessel a kerbal was onboard when their childbirth timer went to zero, and it went into the negatives?!

edit: its ok now, and i do NOT think you should be able to take a TWO DAY OLD kerbal on EVA lol

Edited by JcoolTheShipbuilder

There is a bug i just found; i made a civillian city, and it works great, but every time i EVA a kerbal, a new civillian appears for no reason...

edit: it seems that a civillian spawns when you EVA from a craft that has housing space available... but still... kiinda going to become a little annoying with colony ships that have tons of housing capacity, but not every single housing seat fillled

Edited by JcoolTheShipbuilder

• 2 weeks later...

I have installed, i have built space hotel, i have orbiting Kerbin, i have civilians in astronaut centre, but i do not seem to get a food output, or population growth or anything from the hotel. I am playing science mode, if that makes difference,  or is there something i am missing ? 

On 6/7/2020 at 11:01 PM, JcoolTheShipbuilder said:

There is a bug i just found; i made a civillian city, and it works great, but every time i EVA a kerbal, a new civillian appears for no reason...

edit: it seems that a civillian spawns when you EVA from a craft that has housing space available... but still... kiinda going to become a little annoying with colony ships that have tons of housing capacity, but not every single housing seat fillled

I also have the same bug. It spawns a new kerbal each time an EVA is done. The new kerbal is fully mature rather than being 0 years old. Unfortunately, this makes the mod unusable.

Yes you are all right, this is actually some new bug.

This only happen when the Kerbal return to the Ship, after an EVA, a new Kerbal appear from nowhere.

U999OLn.png

In this case Lanpont was born is a new fellow but Rayley appeared as a bug ,after return to the ship from a EVA walk

@linuxgurugamer is always busy with 1000 mods! :)

I tested with KSP 1.9.1

and CP: 

"VERSION": {
    "MAJOR": 3,
    "MINOR": 0,
    "PATCH": 0,
    "BUILD": 8

It is so easy to replicate that probably no need of the log file, but if it is needed please let me know.

17 hours ago, pmborg said:

Yes you are all right, this is actually some new bug.

This only happen when the Kerbal return to the Ship, after an EVA, a new Kerbal appear from nowhere.

In this case Lanpont was born is a new fellow but Rayley appeared as a bug ,after return to the ship from a EVA walk

I tested with KSP 1.9.1

and CP: 

It is so easy to replicate that probably no need of the log file, but if it is needed please let me know.

I've enabled the Issues on Github, would be helpful if you could file issues there as well as here.

So, when these new kerbals show up, I gather they are just showing up in the list, they aren't in EVA, are they?

Also, it would be helpful to supply a save file so I don't have to first work out what parts you are using in the vessel.

And more, you appear to be using some sort of Life Support mod, which one is it?

I can replicate the but, but for me, it appears as soon as I send a Kerbal on EVA.  Can you check to see exactly where it is happening for you?

Edited by linuxgurugamer

19 hours ago, pmborg said:

I tested with KSP 1.9.1

and CP: 

I found and fixed this bug.

On 6/8/2020 at 12:01 AM, JcoolTheShipbuilder said:

Fixed in next release

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 3.0.0.9

• Fixed bug which would create a new kerbal when a kerbal went eva from anywhere on the same vessel

I will skip a new test with the old then, and test it again with this new one.

I confirm in my test that is fixed, thank you!

Edited by pmborg

5 hours ago, pmborg said:

I will skip a new test with the old then, and test it again with this new one.

I confirm in my test that is fixed, thank you!

You know, after looking at the code and fixing this bug, I think it has been in there for a very long time and was just not noticed until now

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, SpaceGreer said:

I opened the GUI and clicked 'TimeGUI' button and now the GUI is completely blank. Reloading the save makes no difference.

Any ideas or help would be really appreciated! R

Managed to fix it by restarting KSP. But, there doesn't seem to be any functionality to that tab for me. 

On the up side, I have a station with civilians and I'm getting an income. Whoop. 

Thanks for maintaining this! R

1 hour ago, SpaceGreer said:

Managed to fix it by restarting KSP. But, there doesn't seem to be any functionality to that tab for me. 

On the up side, I have a station with civilians and I'm getting an income. Whoop. 

Thanks for maintaining this! R

hello,

I am not sure if I understood your question, if you have recruit option on, some times some Kerbals appears on you ship is that you are referring?

2 hours ago, pmborg said:

hello,

I am not sure if I understood your question, if you have recruit option on, some times some Kerbals appears on you ship is that you are referring?

What I mean is; when I open the GUI, there is a button called 'TimeUI', when I click this button the GUI box becomes empty and I cannot do anything to change that. 

Does that help/is that clearer? :)

Thanks for replying, appreciated.

Edited by SpaceGreer

12 minutes ago, SpaceGreer said:

What I mean is; when I open the GUI, there is a button called 'TimeUI', when I click this button the GUI box becomes empty and I cannot do anything to change that. 

Does that help/is that clearer? :)

I recommend if possible for you to upload the logs, because it seams that you are having an exception and because of that the window cannot be rendered.

• I have been there also! I had experiencing this with Civilian Population, but in my case the problem was not in CP but in another mod.
  • Did you tried already just to have installed (KSP + Civilian Population) ? if the problem persist also upload these logs.

I am just trying to help :)

Edited by pmborg

Hello @linuxgurugamer,

Once KSP 1.10 have Comets :)

I updated the "name = pipeNetwork" (Netherdyne Laser Drill) in order to support asteroids and comets, if you like it you can update the mod to allow others to use it also:

I will share also a video for now here the:

Update: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ro0endkmgzylgmc/pipeNetwork.cfg?dl=0

Image:

HulySjA.png

What do you think?, maybe this way we can give a new live/update to CP. :)

Uploading video:

Edited by pmborg

4 hours ago, pmborg said:

Hello @linuxgurugamer,

Once KSP 1.10 have Comets :)

I updated the "name = pipeNetwork" (Netherdyne Laser Drill) in order to support asteroids and comets, if you like it you can update the mod to allow others to use it also:

I will share also a video for now here the:

Can you explain why you renamed the drill?

7 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Can you explain why you renamed the drill?

Hello,

Original file: https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/CivilianPopulation/blob/master/GameData/CivilianPopulation/Parts/Utility/pipeNetwork.cfg

The name was and is the same: name = pipeNetwork

The title was and is the same: Netherdyne Laser Drill

The new part is on line 153 and so on:

(...)

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleAsteroidDrill

(...)

Here a diff:

Z4gCWkG.png

Edited by pmborg

10 hours ago, pmborg said:

Hello,

Original file: https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/CivilianPopulation/blob/master/GameData/CivilianPopulation/Parts/Utility/pipeNetwork.cfg

The name was and is the same: name = pipeNetwork

The title was and is the same: Netherdyne Laser Drill

The new part is on line 153 and so on:

(...)

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleAsteroidDrill

(...)

Here a diff:

Ok, where did you get the data from?  Was it copied from a stock part, and if so, which one?